Loss Of Torque

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
JetBlackVibeGT

Loss Of Torque

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

My wife was redlining my vibe when It kinda slowd down... as if she blew thew enginebut she didnt it runs stillnot well thoSo here is my question....I can slam on the gas and my rpms will shoot up but my car will go slow until it catches up to the rpm that its at...its really wierd so i have to accelerate extremely slowly to make the car run smoothly...any idea on what it could be? any suggestions would be awesome...oh and here she is
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in their government."
jimincalif

Post by jimincalif »

Sounds like the clutch might be slipping. Do you notice a sort of burning smell?
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

clutch.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Clutch x3
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

yep a small burning smell. Thanx a lot guys. I'm not mechanically inclined so it helps to have people like you giving advice.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in their government."
jake75

Re: (JetBlackVibeGT)

Post by jake75 »

I hope the thrill of that red lining was worth the thousand bucks!
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Mavrik

Re: (jake75)

Post by Mavrik »

Yup, its the clutch. time for an upgrade.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
bodhi_tree777

Re: Loss Of Torque (JetBlackVibeGT)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

yeah, these cars have notoriously weak clutches (earlier years, I'm not sure about the later models). How many miles?
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

2003 lol so the first generation of em yea the redline wasn't worth it at all hahaI was looking at sum clutches to buy online and since bodhi_tree777 said that they are weak I thought I would go for something with a little more strength. So what do u think of this: http://www.buyaclutch.com/perf...+9191
JetBlackVibeGT

Post by JetBlackVibeGT »

btw bodhi_tree777 I also do tattoos. I apprenticed in Cali for a year then moved to Texas and haven't since. I am in law enforcement now but I still tattoo on the side for a lil cash
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I highly recommend the ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch. Organic material and able to handle the VVTL-i. I have the ACT HDSS in my STI and it feels great. They are fairly inexpensive these days. I'm a dealer and can drop ship just about anything. If you'd like, PM me your address and I can get a shipped quote for you.I just looked at the link, yes that's exactly the clutch I'm referring to. I might be able to get you a better price than that, I need your zip.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
jimincalif

Post by jimincalif »

We had this exact clutch installed in my (now my son's) 2003 GT last year. He likes it, has not had any problems. Similar pedal effort, takeup is a bit quicker.
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider