Code help P0607

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Can0beans

Code help P0607

Post by Can0beans »

Today my 2006 Vibe, which has been pretty good to me except sometimes cranking longer than I think it should on start, decided to lose all power and act like it was going to stall. I was able to drive it at idle speeds and get it off to the side of the road. The check engine light came on at the same time. I let it sit for awhile and it started running just fine (with the check engine light on). Took it to autozone and got the codes off of it. Only one showed up P0607 Control Module Performance. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong?
ou.grizzly

Re: Code help P0607 (Can0beans)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Call your dealer and make an appointment. Sounds like the ECU is going. It is covered under the 80,000 mile emissions warranty.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Can0beans

Post by Can0beans »

Should I avoid driving? Is it likely to leave me stranded?
ou.grizzly

Re: (Can0beans)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by Can0beans »Should I avoid driving? Is it likely to leave me stranded?It can leave you stranded... Your gamble. If you have access to another vehicle to use tomorrow until the dealer opens on Monday, do not use the Vibe.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
Toasted7

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by Toasted7 »

It WILL leave you stranded... get it to your dealership asap. They will replace the PCM, I just had mine replaced last week... for the 4th time! Can you say lemon?!?
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Can0beans

Re: (Toasted7)

Post by Can0beans »

Made the appointment this morning, unfortunately they couldn't get me in till Thursday.Anything I should make sure to tell the dealer to insure they replace the module? I'm concerned they will come up with something not under warranty that they want to fix.Also, I think I read that there was a TSB about this, am I remembering correctly? If so, are TSB's available online?
Toasted7

Re: (Can0beans)

Post by Toasted7 »

The should read that code and replace the PCM with no questions asked. Mine left me stranded and I had to tow my Vibe to the dealership... that's why I may not be a Vibe owner much longer.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom