map lights not coming on when the door opened

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
tc3drivers

map lights not coming on when the door opened

Post by tc3drivers »

I have a CDN 2005 Vibe with the power pkg. The 2 map lights under the mirror stopped coming on when the door is opened. The light in the hatch still comes on when the doors are opened though. The map lights work when you use the switch on the light and the rotary switch on the dash. Thought I'd post here before asking the dealer because I get tired of the blank faces there with these types of problems.
breezd

Re: map lights not coming on when the door opened (tc3drivers)

Post by breezd »

On my 03, I do not have the lights on the mirror... but on the front lights (with the moonroof controls on the unit), have never (since I have owned it) come on with the doors open. The light only turns on by pressing the button to turn it on. The center lights (behind moonroof) and rear lights (hatch area) do turn on with the doors open.But, since mine is '03 and US, the '05 and/or Mirror map lights and/or CDN may be different.
THEN: 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT * Lowered * CAI * Sound SystemNOW: 2005 Infiniti FX35 RWD * Stock
prathman

Post by prathman »

The map lights in the mirror of our '06 also don't come on when the doors are open - and never have. The door switch does control the center dome light and the one in the hatch.
keithvibe

Re: (prathman)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by prathman »The map lights in the mirror of our '06 also don't come on when the doors are open - and never have. The door switch does control the center dome light and the one in the hatch.x2 on my 06 my map lights in the mirror have never come on other than using the switch.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
joatmon

Re: map lights not coming on when the door opened (tc3drivers)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by tc3drivers »I have a CDN 2005 Vibe with the power pkg. The 2 map lights under the mirror stopped coming on when the door is opened. .you're sure they used to come on when the door was opened?
morbay

Re: map lights not coming on when the door opened (joatmon)

Post by morbay »

This is all really odd, the map lights on the '09 come on when the door is opened. There is a switch there with the lights that have settings of off, door, on, or something similar. I thought this was standard in pretty much every car, as the '05 Malibu I owned previously had the same setup.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM