A series of unfortunate events...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
THE VIBERATOR

A series of unfortunate events...

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

So to make a long story short, I was traveling at normal speed down a city road at night. I was making a turn onto the on-ramp of the highway and I hit a pothole with my right front tire. It was big enough to blow the tire out and cause me to smack into the curb. I mounted the curb and caused irreversible damage to the car, therefore totaling it. I'll be getting a new car in the next few days...thanks to my good maintenance on the vibe, it's worth over $9k. I can buy a nice car for that money. Currently I'm looking at a Corolla XRS or a Scion Tc. Both manual. Wish me luck! Cause I'll need it after what happened.
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
_Brent_

Re: A series of unfortunate events... (THE VIBERATOR)

Post by _Brent_ »

You gotta get a new Vibe, Yeah I know Pontiac might be going under, but the Vibes run well as you already know.
808 Vibes

Re: A series of unfortunate events... (_Brent_)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Noooooooooooo!! I'm sorry to hear that. I thought only we had potholes. (The size of moon craters, I kid you not) There's one I have to dodge on a daily basis.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
morbay

Re: A series of unfortunate events... (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by morbay »

Hey, if you want potholes come to PA, we've perfected them.
Rob Pettigrew2009 Ultra White 2.4 AWDPearl White Arrowhead overlaysPainted Calipers October 2010 MOTM
BlueCrush

Re: A series of unfortunate events... (THE VIBERATOR)

Post by BlueCrush »

A pothole/curb totaled your Vibe?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
bull77

Re: A series of unfortunate events... (BlueCrush)

Post by bull77 »

Attached files
THE VIBERATOR

Re: A series of unfortunate events... (bull77)

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

Haha. No pictures guys...sorry. I will however have pictures up of my NEW car most likely at the end of the week. That pothole was HUGE though and I didnt see it cause i was about to merge into another lane so I wasnt looking at the road. The impact from hitting the curb broke the axle and cracked the tranny casing. As well as destroying the rotor and a bunch of other things...cracked front right fender too. Good stuff. LolI'll be getting just over 9 grand for my Vibe from the insurance company. That's more than enough for a good car. I'm looking at a Corolla XRS or Scion Tc. There's a 2005 XRS for sale that I test drove. It's got literally nothing wrong with it. I want it so badly.
2003 Vibe Base - Sold2005 Corolla LE 5 speedcustom short ram air box6k HID kitIn memoriam of the Vibe, may you rest in peace:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3168634
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

What year is that XRS? the tC's 2.4 really isnt a fast engine if thats what you are looking for. Id take a 2zz engine over that anyday.
THE VIBERATOR

Re: (northvibe)

Post by THE VIBERATOR »

The XRS i was looking at is a 2005. It's already got some pretty good modifications on it. TRD Exhaust, TRD Springs, tints, drop in filter, HID kit...among some other goodies. Unfortunately, my dad is too much of an influence on car buying and won't let me have it I may wind up with either a Tc or a Corolla base model (they are light as hell). Also, the insurance battle going on between the company and my retard mechanic won't clear up until about a week from now, so you'll all have to patiently play the waiting game to see what I wind up with! I'll keep you all updated along the way though so don't worry!