PO607 Control Module Performance

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
moonstonemike

PO607 Control Module Performance

Post by moonstonemike »

Well after the odd time having the extended crank problem, it finally happened my car died and it didn't want to start and when it did it would run rough, shift extremely hard then studer and die. I had it towed to the dealer but will find out tommorow what they say. I scanned it and got a PO607 Control Module Performance and Input signal circuit malfunction code. I guess my PCM IS toast?
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

Well I got my car back today and drumroll,,,,,,,The PCM Was changed. It was an internal short in the pcm. Funny thing is every time I needed a part changed under warranty it would take 1-3 weeks to get the part. This they had in stock and was checked , diagnosed and changed in about 1.5hours I guess its pretty common.
Raven

Re: (moonstonemike)

Post by Raven »

Were you still under warranty?I thought the crank problem ended with the '05 model year. I hope my '06 doesn't do it , I have 135K.
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

Ya it was under warrenty, I think they have a service bullitin up to 06 now. Has you car ever cranked but not started. It happened to me maybe 3-4 times in the past 3 years. With the new PCM my car actually feels like its running smoother, starts a little faster and even seems to have more power on the hiway.
Raven

Re: (moonstonemike)

Post by Raven »

Sometimes I have to crank it quite a long time. I've also noticed it takes a lot longer to idle down on a cold start even though the weather has warmed up considerably.
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

I had all those same problems with mine. The weather is too warm now to see how the cold idle is, so I don't know if that has changed.
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I'm sorta having an issue like you Raven, however, I don't give it much time, about 5-10 seconds. But even though it's been around 70-80's when it peaked my interested, it started around 1800 rpms and stayed until I put it into gear. However, once into gear, it's fine.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
trb

Post by trb »

We had to have my son's Vibe PCM replaced a few weeks ago too, with less than 12,000 miles on it. We were having a somewhat extended crank time problem too. The day it quit, it kept dying, and then wouldn't start at all. Towed it in that evening and they started on it the next morning. I was surprised that they had it finshed within a couple of hours. Hopefully we won't have any more problems with it.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car