Hello Vibe, Goodbye Pontiac

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Lboogie

Hello Vibe, Goodbye Pontiac

Post by Lboogie »

Newb here!I bought an '03 Vibe automatic this weekend as a commuter car. I have a new job with a 100mi daily drive, needed a 'stunt double' for my existing daily driver...an '07 WRX with lotsa STi mods. I drive by the NUMMI factory every day. Then today we get the news that the whole brand is getting the axe, DOH!Anyhoo; my Vibe is white with the gray/ashy gray cladding & looks like a panda bear so its name is "Po".No pics yet, but my first couple mods will be a stereo that has iPod compatibility (I hate CDs), and seeing if some hyperblack Rota torques from my WRX will fit the 5x100 hubs of the Vibe.
808 Vibes

Re: Hello Vibe, Goodbye Pontiac (Lboogie)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Welcome and congrats on your 2 tone Frosty!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

Enjoy your Vibe. I'd say stop by NUMMI one day for a factory tour, but we don't do those any more - gotta save $$$ ya kno!. So just wave at us as you're sitting in traffic on 880!
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Welcome to the site!
sk8r78

Post by sk8r78 »

Welcome Bolt patterm will match, wheels will fit over the hub, but the offset will leave them seriously close to the fender, unless you have different offset from oem specs.Vibe offsets are 39 for the 16" and 45 for the 17" and on 18" 42 is about standard and 35 will require lip massaging or removal. You can always mount one up and see for sure though
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

Quote, originally posted by Lboogie »I drive by the NUMMI factory every day.Hello neighbor!Quote, originally posted by Lboogie »Anyhoo; my Vibe is white with the gray/ashy gray cladding & looks like a panda bear so its name is "Po".Sounds like we have clones :-) If you see another white/gray Vibe giving you a flash of the brights or a wave, it's probably me.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
Lboogie

Post by Lboogie »

Thanks for the kind words you guys.The offset on the WRX wheels are 48, so it'll be pretty close if it works.