Driver's Side Mystery

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
gp20mushii

Driver's Side Mystery

Post by gp20mushii »

About 4 months ago, I started having this weird clinking noise, like something is rattling or loose. It sounds like it comes from right below my driver's side wheel, and its really annoying as i drive. It's one of those noises that you as a driver get really about, but most of the time your passengers are like "what noise?"I had been told about that same time ago (4 months) that i needed a new inner tie rod, and that sounded like where that little clinking rattle sound was coming from. I got my axle replaced (cracked boot) and that new inner tie rod for the drivers side yesterday, and that noise is still there! I'm salty. Even the owner of Raffield tiremaster was pulling his hair out on this one. I took it back to him, he put it up on the lift, shook the out of it, and we couldn't hear it. As soon as he put the car back down and reversed off of the lift, *clink clink rattle*. It's driving me crazy. I hear it when the front end hits some bumps, or say, im moving in slow speeds in first or second, and if i engage/disengage the gas (to make the car kind of barely jerk) then we hear that noise. Am I just out of luck?Owner of Raffield: "Sir it's driving me crazy too. The thing is, I can throw thousands of dollars at this thing, but if I don't know where the noise is coming from? It'll still rattle. Everything is SOLID under there, the front is now tightened back up and nothing is in danger of making you breakdown that I can see.":/Help?
'03 Vibe GT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

did you open the door panel to see if its something that fell off inside the door? Many clips are in that door and there is a known recall/tsb on the window for the clips coming off then the window breaking when using it.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Check your bumper, where it meets the fender, there is a expansion clip that holds it... Right where the bumper comes to a point where it meets the fenderMine rattles like something in the suspension is loose as well. But, I know that clip is lose in the hole to (my grams cought it on a snow bank once)
gp20mushii

Post by gp20mushii »

Alright, I'll check those two spots, thanks guys...it just to me sounds like somewhere with metal is lose.
'03 Vibe GT
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Hi,Could be the cruise control module as seen in this how to forum.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=9977Scroll down through it and you'll see the silver box.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
gp20mushii

Post by gp20mushii »

djkeev,That rattle in the dash would drive me crazy. However, this sound is not from the dash. thanks for your help though
'03 Vibe GT
gp20mushii

Post by gp20mushii »

Also, Northvibe,I had the recall fixed last year...so i dont think thats it.
'03 Vibe GT
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

Take off your hub caps / wheel covers and go for a ride.Also make sure your lug nuts are properly tightened.the dust shield for the front brakes could also be loose or deformed. make sure that is tight and not contacting anything.Inner fender panels are "tight"?6 years, motor mounts ok?Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)