Blower Resistor Replacement

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Vibedad

Blower Resistor Replacement

Post by Vibedad »

Replaced the Blower Motor Resistor today after my blower motor in my 05 would only work on high. The Part # is 88973260 and CDN Cost is $56.76.It is located under the dash very close to the back of the glove box. It is held in place with 2 11/32 inch bolts. The back one is almost impossible to remove unless you have a flexible socket wrench. For a good picture of it's placement, follow this link:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=23496Thought I would pass this on. I have used a lot of the info that people have posted and thought it was time I gave some back!
Vibedad 2005 Base Vibe, Abyss, 5 spd, Moons & Tunes, all options but leather, Tinted, Cosmo CAI, Megan STB, Tein S Lowered
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Have you done the install yet? because it's possible that it's the control switch as well? There is a tool, it's called a Skewdriver, that is MENT to get into those kinda spots.. Cool tool.. check it out with a google search..
Vibedad

Post by Vibedad »

Already in and the system is working correctly!Will check the tool out though................
Vibedad 2005 Base Vibe, Abyss, 5 spd, Moons & Tunes, all options but leather, Tinted, Cosmo CAI, Megan STB, Tein S Lowered
scherry2

Re: Blower Resistor Replacement (13Vibe03)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by 13Vibe03 »So should I try the resistor first, or the switch???Thanks!resistor first
kevera

Re: Blower Resistor Replacement (scherry2)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »resistor firstx2 90% of the time it's the resistor.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Sublimewind

Re: Blower Resistor Replacement (kevera)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »x2 90% of the time it's the resistor.Really... cool, learned something.. !
bull77

Re: Blower Resistor Replacement (Vibedad)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Vibedad »Replaced the Blower Motor Resistor today after my blower motor in my 05 would only work on high. The Part # is 88973260 and CDN Cost is $56.76.glad mine was replaced under warranty
kevera

Re: Blower Resistor Replacement (Sublimewind)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »Really... cool, learned something.. !Are you being sarcastic?
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

glad i found this thread. 'low' speed just quit on me. gotta find a nice warm garage, or wait for some milder weather to try. thanx guys!
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
RSTuningFactory

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by RSTuningFactory »

Quote, originally posted by ramenboy... »glad i found this thread. 'low' speed just quit on me. gotta find a nice warm garage, or wait for some milder weather to try. thanx guys!lol, same here. LO. speed just stop working today.
2003 Vibe GT.
cerulean

Re: (RSTuningFactory)

Post by cerulean »

Quote, originally posted by RSTuningFactory »lol, same here. LO. speed just stop working today.Just curious. Before your low quit, was it making any noise? My two lower fan speeds "churp" and it's kinda annoying.
bodhi_tree777

Re: (cerulean)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by cerulean »Just curious. Before your low quit, was it making any noise? My two lower fan speeds "churp" and it's kinda annoying.mine is making noises as well and I'm wondering if it's about to quit on me as well. Hrm.. need heat, don't have $40 to spend. grr.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
RSTuningFactory

Re: (cerulean)

Post by RSTuningFactory »

Quote, originally posted by cerulean »Just curious. Before your low quit, was it making any noise? My two lower fan speeds "churp" and it's kinda annoying.nope, it just suddenly stop working, didn't heard any sounds before that.
2003 Vibe GT.
cerulean

Re: (RSTuningFactory)

Post by cerulean »

Quote, originally posted by RSTuningFactory »nope, it just suddenly stop working, didn't heard any sounds before that.Thanks.It's probably in the blower motor. I'll have to pull it and check it out.Bob
Icon

Re: Blower Resistor

Post by Icon »

Thanks for the information. I had the same fan speed issue which I believe is now resolved. Even with the flexible socket wrench, that back bolt was more difficult to put back in than I had anticipated. Still worth avoiding the >$100 install fee though .