Removing roof rack from 09 Vibe?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
musicmanmu

Removing roof rack from 09 Vibe?

Post by musicmanmu »

I'm hoping to get a Vibe GT, but in the event I don't, there's a nicely-equipped base model I can get. But, it has a roof rack, which I don't really need or want.Can the dealer remove roof racks from an 09 Vibe? And if so, does it leave any holes in the roof of the car?Thanks!
2009 Vibe GT - Navy Blue Metallic

trask

Re: Removing roof rack from 09 Vibe? (musicmanmu)

Post by trask »

They can remove the roof rake, the attachment points are covered with plastic caps.
2009 Vibe GT Sold
2012 Prius Four
2004 GMC HD2500
mydogsowner

Post by mydogsowner »

If you decide you want to sell it, let me know, I may be interested in it!I have a 2009 without the rack and would like one now.
musicmanmu

Re: Removing roof rack from 09 Vibe? (mydogsowner)

Post by musicmanmu »

I'll let you know - but right now it's looking more likely that I'll get a GT after all...
2009 Vibe GT - Navy Blue Metallic

VivaVibe

Post by VivaVibe »

I thought the '09 GT came standard with the roof rack?
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
dvgb173

Post by dvgb173 »

I just bought my '09 GT, and I'm looking for a good rack solution. The local parts dept doesn't even have a listing for a roof rack for the 09 GT. Doug B.
Doug B.09 Vibe GT - Red
ou.grizzly

Roof Rack

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by VivaVibe »I thought the '09 GT came standard with the roof rack?I believe the AWD comes standard from the factory with the roof rack; while the base models have to be ordered with it from the factory. As for the GT? Quote, originally posted by dvgb173 »I just bought my '09 GT, and I'm looking for a good rack solution. The local parts dept doesn't even have a listing for a roof rack for the 09 GT. Doug B.It will not be listed under the GT; it will be an option for the Base and AWD Models. There is not reason why it could not be used for the GT in my eyes. I thought it was listed as an accessory on some of the Pontiac Websites, but it isn't. For some reason, I thought would could be added later without having to drop the headliner. Toyota offers a set up that can be purchased separately. Will the Matrix version fit the Vibe? I would guess yes, but I am not 100% sure. The roof lines look very similarQuote, originally posted by Product Description »Cross Bars designed for quick and easy installation/removal by the customer. Rated up to 60kg load capacity. Bike and ski/snowboard adapter racks sold separately. Product Code: PT278-12090http://www.toyotapart.com/prod...D=209

Attached files
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi