joatmon

IKE

Post by joatmon »

Look out Houstonhttp://www.stormpulse.com/hurricane-ike-2008

Attached files
KNINE

Re: IKE (joatmon)

Post by KNINE »

Hurricanes scare the crap out of me. I don't know what I'd do if a cat 3 was coming for Hampton Roads.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i know i would be hi-tailing it out of hampton roads!!!
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Looks Like Ike will get us a little wet on here in Austin.Fay missed us to the southGustav missed to the NorthIke Looking like a direct hit.Please, All in path make preperations now. Heed the warnings to get out of Dodge!!Be Safe and let us know of your condition as soon as you can after the monster passes.
Blueridge9

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Do take precautions. Beware of Ike - he has a violent history. Remember how he used to beat on Tina Turner.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuperSpeedWagon

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

yeah hes coming right at us but we'll see right now its still up in the air I know it shows its going for us but the gulf is weird but we shall see whats up in the next few days
2010 vibe gt
NascarXprt

Re: IKE (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by NascarXprt »

Jeorge and Glenn and everyone else in H-Town. dont wait too long to find out Ikes true path of destruction.and im in the same situation as Bill looks like Ike will bring SA some much needed rain.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
joatmon

Re: IKE (NascarXprt)

Post by joatmon »

Today it looks like it's Corpus Christi, as a Cat 3

Attached files
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

aww crap nows its heading for me oh well now i know for sure i wont get water in the engine this time
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: IKE (NascarXprt)

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »aww crap nows its heading for me oh well now i know for sure i wont get water in the engine this time (removed)!well good luck to you cole I think we should be alright the vibers here in Houston
2010 vibe gt
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Today it looks like it's Corpus Christi, as a Cat 32 days later, a little bit more north, but still supposed to landfall as a cat 3

Attached files
SuperSpeedWagon

yup its coming straight for ME!!! but we shall see what im in store for
2010 vibe gt
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

damn wind bumped the texans/ravens game to monday nightYou lone star members be safe, Ike looks pissed
NascarXprt

Re: (joatmon)

Post by NascarXprt »

cant wait for that game or the astros games either, go houston and be safe everyone.
jimincalif

Post by jimincalif »

As of tonight, looks like it is going right over my sister's house in Clear Lake Shores. Predicting 20' surge! She and family bugged out this morning.
"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill---------------------------------Who is John Galt?2 Vibes, 03GT & 07 base (kids drive)1993 Lexus LS4001980 Fiat Spider
BlueCrush

Re: (jimincalif)

Post by BlueCrush »

WTH? No evacuations? No there are too many people in Houston..they need to thin out the heard....Hopefully their plan not to evacuate doesn't backfire. I also hope that no one needs assistance since the Red Cross is out of money anyway. They are all SOL.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (BlueCrush)

Well as for the evacuations they only evacuated the south side due to major flooding down there, but over all between Galveston and the south/east side of houston 1 million people got evacuated and thats not including the others that went on there own :/ and a friend of mine took him 3 hours to drive less then 25 mile yesterday to get out another took him 5 hours to get 45 minutes out of houston thats because it usually takes him 20 minutes to get out of houston how crazy is that now think of those numbers and imagine if they would of evacuated all 5.4 million people that call houston home well everyone wish me luck and say a few prays for the people that stayed behind that are going face to face with IKE Ill let you all know how everything is if I cant get to a computer ill call Cole and tell him everything to keep you all updated take care SSW out for now
2010 vibe gt
BlueCrush

Re: (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by SuperSpeedWagon »Well as for the evacuations they only evacuated the south side due to major flooding down there, but over all between Galveston and the south/east side of houston 1 million people got evacuated and thats not including the others that went on there own :/ and a friend of mine took him 3 hours to drive less then 25 mile yesterday to get out another took him 5 hours to get 45 minutes out of houston thats because it usually takes him 20 minutes to get out of houston how crazy is that now think of those numbers and imagine if they would of evacuated all 5.4 million people that call houston home well everyone wish me luck and say a few prays for the people that stayed behind that are going face to face with IKE Ill let you all know how everything is if I cant get to a computer ill call Cole and tell him everything to keep you all updated take care SSW out for nowGood Luck, Jorge and everyone else down there. Stay safe!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Just to give you guys an update. Galveston and Freeport already have major flooding and Ike hasn't hit land yet. I'm on the NW side of Houston and we are now starting to feel strong winds. We haven't had any rain yet. We have plywood on our big windows and we are just going to ride it out. They are predicting 88 mph winds where I'm at. I'll try to post an update later tonight.
genvibe garage
NascarXprt

Re: IKE (slvrvibes)

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by slvrvibes »Just to give you guys an update. Galveston and Freeport already have major flooding and Ike hasn't hit land yet. I'm on the NW side of Houston and we are now starting to feel strong winds. We haven't had any rain yet. We have plywood on our big windows and we are just going to ride it out. They are predicting 88 mph winds where I'm at. I'll try to post an update later tonight.(removed) she lives!! she hasnt left us! whoo hooo! good to see you again slvr. Quote, originally posted by jimincalif »As of tonight, looks like it is going right over my sister's house in Clear Lake Shores. Predicting 20' surge! She and family bugged out this morning.I grew up in Clear Lake. hope you guys are in or near any flood areas, we dont need two or more VBB's on the forums so that means no Vibe surfing, Vibe boating, or Vibe-submarining.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

its 8am Sat morning in Austin and No Rain and only a light Breeze!
keithvibe

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »its 8am Sat morning in Austin and No Rain and only a light Breeze!ever hear of the calm before the storm???RUN.... RUN>>> forest RUNNNNN
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

hopefully we can get some updates soon. looks prety bad down there. hop all are safe
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
joatmon

Re: (Raivis)

Post by joatmon »

looks like huge power outages in Houston, might be a while before we hear from some of themHope they're ok

Attached files
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (joatmon)

well hey everyone I have made it through the storm we have no power I'm on i-45 and rankin which is north of houston the vibe is good it didn't go for a swim and my brothers and are are fine ill post pictures once I get power and my computer up and going take care
2010 vibe gt
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

good to hear from you jorge. glad to hear you and the vibe didn't go for a swim. lets hope everyone came out the same
bull77

Post by bull77 »

This thread is useless w/o pics!glad to see, so far, everyone made it through --- we had the aftermath here last night
joatmon

Re: (bull77)

Post by joatmon »

http://nwanews.com/bcdr/News/65649/Quote »Family fleeing Ike involved in three-vehicle accident BELLA VISTA - Friday was not a good day for the Hyatt family of Texas.The Hyatts fled their home in Vidor as Hurricane Ike barreled toward the Texas Gulf Coast.But at 9 a.m. - less than an hour before they reached a safe haven with a family in Neosho, Mo. - they were involved in an accident on U. S. Highway 71 at Dartmoor Road.According to witness Matt Jackson of Bella Vista, a gray pickup truck was in a southbound lane on U. S. 71 when it started to turn left onto Dartmoor and struck the Hyatts' northbound Pontiac Vibe. The two vehicles slid into a third vehicle that was stopped at the light at the Dartmoor intersection.Everything happened in slow motion, said Arn Hesse, the driver of the third car. He could only watch helplessly as the car and pickup drifted into his.Richard Hyatt said his brother, Curtis Hyatt, and mother, Jeanette Hyatt, along with his brother's pregnant girlfriend, were in the Pontiac Vibe. Richard Hyatt was driving a vehicle behind them when the accident happened, he said.Also on the trip were the Hyatts' two dogs.The driver of the truck, Albert Chiarmonti, and the three people in the Pontiac were taken to Northwest Medical Center in Bentonville. All four were in stable condition when they reached the hospital, Bella Vista firefighter-paramedic Scott Larson said.Chiarmonti, 78, was cited for failure to yield, according to police reports. Curtis Hyatt, 37, was cited for driving with a suspended driver's license.The Dartmoor intersection was the site of another threevehicle accident at 3: 10 p.m. Thursday. No one in that accident was taken to the hospital, police reports state.

Attached files
bull77

Post by bull77 »

damn -- that looks nasty, but all in stable condition....
SuperSpeedWagon

Re: (bull77)

well that wasnt me in there but wow!! my computer is acting up (what else is new) i just got power back as soon as i figure out what the heck is up with the photos ill post them up
2010 vibe gt
sjbourg

Re: (SuperSpeedWagon)

Post by sjbourg »

We lost power on Friday night at about 10pm and still don't have power. But we've had water and gas almost the whole time. And the cool front the last few days really helped. Anyhow, I'm sending this pic via generator power. It's the view of Hwy. 288 from my townhome development. This is a 4 lane hwy coming and going, 8 lanes total, with a large median. The water is about 2-3 feet deep and covered the hwy as far as we could see in either direction. This site was pretty amazing, BUT there were actually cars driving on this very road about 6 hours later, which was even more amazing that the water receded that quickly. Enjoy!

Attached files
sjbourg

Re: (sjbourg)

Post by sjbourg »

One more pic.

Attached files
NascarXprt

Re: (sjbourg)

Post by NascarXprt »

sj you live close to where i grew up! i lived in clear lake near nasa road 1.oh and that vibe in the pic is not mine good to hear you guys came out ok.
ArcsVibe

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by ArcsVibe »

I am also glad you guys made it ok! It looked really bad from what we can see from the news.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

ZubenElGenubi

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

We survived Ike. Sorry for not checking back in!I'm in NW Harris County and we were west of the center of circulation (which pretty much rode up I-45). Lost power around 2AM Saturday; got power back around 2PM Monday.We are extremely lucky. Lots of tree damage in our area, but few homes damaged. I spent two days pruning branches of our water oaks and pine trees around my home and still lost a large amount of branches (probably about half-ton), plus the top-third of a 75' pine tree (fell between my house and neighbor's). And the back neighbor's 8' fence fell into our yard.Got lots of pics (and movies); might post one or two later.
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

Good to hear yall got out ok! Good luck with the cleanup
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
vibebob

Re: (GoodVibErations2004)

Post by vibebob »

I live in Bryan (90 miles NW of Houston) and we didn't loose power but most of the surrounding communities did. We had lots of rain, wind at 45mph gust to 60, but otherwise nothing. We were very lucky, a shift of the center just 30 miles west would have made a big difference.We became an island, people from as far as Conroe came up here to get fuel, food and just to be around electric life.(normality) The local CBS station got with local leaders and had a money drive and brought in $100,000 to help evacuees with expenses.
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
vibecrxsi240sxse

Post by vibecrxsi240sxse »

Live in Houston... posted to a Honda Pilot forum some pics and commentary http://hondapilot.org/forums/s...t=ike
Kari

Post by Kari »

A lot of people are still without power here in the Louisville area due to the damaging winds caused by Ike when he swung by up here. Some paramedics from Cincinnati who went down to TX to help said they were surprised to see what they felt was more widespread damage up here in the Midwest than what they saw in TX. We got sustained tropical storm force winds and hurricane force gusts that knocked down trees and more than 8,000 power lines in Louisville alone. You don't expect it to still be that strong when it comes up here. We got no rain at all, not even a drop, just wind.
GenVibe Global Moderator
kc5sym

Post by kc5sym »

I survived Ike.I bought my Vibe 2 days before Ike hit town.I decided to stay at my brothers house in Katy.He never lost power, but my place lost it for 48 hours. There was no damage at my place either.