September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
joatmon

September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Post by joatmon »

avast, me heartieshttp://www.talklikeapirate.com/
joatmon

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (joatmon)

Post by joatmon »

If this mighty blow be shiverin me timbers, i'll not be dockin tomorrowsieze some grog and a comely wench!
drunkenmaxx

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (AtWork)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

arrrr! ye scurvy turdy! swab the poopdecks! prepare to jive, JIVE HO!!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
scherry2

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (drunkenvibe)

Post by scherry2 »

aye mateys! You'll be walkin th' plank ifn yew decide ta not speak like a true scurvy one eyed pete!
drunkenmaxx

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (silverawd26)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

argh! me peg legs got splinters and it be chafing me willy!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Vibe Rater

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (drunkenvibe)

Post by Vibe Rater »

Shiver me timbers. I be off to sea with a weighty wench to wet me whistle and hopefully me wrench. Thar she blows matey, thar she blows!!!!
Vibe Rater

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (Vibe Rater)

Post by Vibe Rater »

http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.phpYour pirate name is:Red Sam RackhamPassion is a big part of your life, which makes sense for a pirate. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!
kostby

Post by kostby »

Mad Jack Kidd"Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!"

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

ye scurvy bilge rats got a day's notice then we'll heave to and hit ye with a broadside in the mizzen
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Aye me be talkin like a pirate all day the morrow. It will shiver the timbers of me boss, argh it will.
redlava

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (scherry2)

Post by redlava »

Aaarrr! My name be Dirty Sam Bonney, remember it now all of ye land-lubbing sand wenches, cause you won't have the time when I be cleaning your poop deck with me cutlass. Arrrrr!!!
ZubenElGenubi

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (redlava)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Tote that barge, lift that bail, get a little drunk and you'll land in jail....oops, wrong holiday (that would be "Speak like a Missississippi riverboat captain day)Ahem,Avast, ye mateys! You'll be addressin' me as Black John Vane from now on. I'll kindly request that you refrain from attackin' me parrot! Savvy?
joatmon

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by joatmon »

this thread be bumped like a belayin pin smart up yer twig and berries
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

How to talk like a Pirate 101: http://loadingreadyrun.com/sho...e.mov
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Arggg Mateys! Red Beard checkin in the galley here!
ZubenElGenubi

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (BlueCrush)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »How to talk like a Pirate 101: http://loadingreadyrun.com/sho...e.movAhoy! I found meself rollin' on the poopdeck chortlin' out loud!
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

arggh...ya missed thee family reunion...you scalliwags.http://www.thepiratefestival.com/ey, it t'was a shiver me timbers event here at ye olde fort york in toronto.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
drunkenmaxx

Re: (Atomb)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

they had one of those around here too! we were all here at work making fun of it.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

we had a 2 hr lunch break so we could all sit around in pirate hats, talk like pirates and throw things at each other..... we are working hard today. arrrrrh!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Atomb

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Atomb »

sorry for bring this up again, but i found this image and just couldn't wait until next year!The Pirate Keyboard!

Attached files
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
ToolGuy

Re: (Atomb)

Post by ToolGuy »

(removed) that is funny Atomb!
NascarXprt

Re: (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by NascarXprt »

Hahaha!!!!!!!!!
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
joatmon

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by joatmon »

yoho, it be that time o'year
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

barnakles! narly th' ole day's past and I been missin' out!arg...
BlueCrush

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

And here's some Pirate Rap fer ya. Arrggh! lol.http://www.myspace.com/captaindan
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tribalman

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by tribalman »

YAR HAR! being a friday i would have plans of drinking and pirate shenanigans, but i have both jobs to attend today and then school very early saturday, so i'm celebrating tomorrow too.how about ye scurvy land lubbers, got plans? ARRRR!!(btw, forget the regular TGIF thread, for today post all plans in here!)
None. Vibe is gone.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Shivr me timbers is it that time again!
Nelson

Post by Nelson »

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
"Draco" 09 Steel Blue Base Vibe 1.8, auto, moonroofR.I.P. "FROST" 06 Frosty White Base Vibe, auto, Moonroof and Monsoontotalled when a bus t-boned us.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (Nelson)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Ahoy, lads and lassies! I've weathered the mighty hurricane winds and navigated my fine ship back to port. Now, show me the wenches! ARRRRR!
Blueridge9

Post by Blueridge9 »

Yoho ho Mateys, Har de har har. Cap'n Bluecrush - Cap'n Dan and the Scurvy crew say from the "Seas to the Streets".Loading the musket with me one good hand... -One-eyed Bluebeard
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

ARGH MATEY'S!
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

arrrr harhari hope the scurvy lot o' you enjoy this very daycap'n argus ramenbeard
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Pardon me beauty, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
Blueridge9

Post by Blueridge9 »

AVAST! Below are some pirate words and phrases. These might be worth pieces of eight on Talk Like a Pirate day. From http://www.talklikeapirateday....id=32Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! - exhortation of discontent or disgustAhoy! - Hello!Ahoy, Matey - Hello, my friend!Ahoy, me Hearties! - the same as saying “Hello, my friends!”All hand hoay! - comparable to all hands on deckAvast ye - stop and check this out or pay attentionAye - yesBatten down the hatches - put everything away on the ship and tie everything down because a storm is brewingBilge-sucking - insultBlimey! - exhortation of surpriseBlow me down! - expression of shock of disbelief akin to “Holy Crap!”Blow the man down - command to kill someoneBooty - treasureBuccaneer - a pirateBucko - a buccaneerCat O’Nine Tails - a whip with nine strandsCorsair - pirates in the Mediterranean SeaCrow’s nest - small platform atop the mast where the lookout standsCutlass - short heavy curved bladed sword used by piratesDavy Jones’ Locker - fabled, mythical place at the bottom of the ocean where the evil spirit of Davy Jones brings sailor and pirates to dieDead men tell no tales - phrase indicating to leave no survivorsDoubloons - other coins or found in pirate hoards and stashesFeed the fish - will soon dieHang ‘im from the yardarm - punishment of those captured in battleHead - the pirate ship’s toiletHeave Ho - give it some muscle and push itHempen Halter - a noose for hangingHornswaggle - to defraud or cheat out of money or belongingsJacob’s Ladder - the rope ladder one uses to climb aboard a sloopJolly Roger - pirate’s flag including white skull and crossbones over a black fieldKeelhaul - punishment in which a person where dragged underneath the pirate ship from side to side and was lacerated by the barnacles on the vesselLad, lass, lassie - a younger personLandlubber - big, slow clumsy person who doesn’t know how to sailLetters of Marque - letters issue from governments during wartime to privateers endorsing the piracy of another vesselMan-O-War - pirate’s ship outfitted for battleMe - myMizzen - the mizzen mast is the one aft of the main mast, not just the third mast (consequently, it could be the second mast in a two-mast rig)Old Salt - an experienced sailorPieces of eight - coins or found in pirate stashesPillage - rob, sack or plunderPoop deck - the part of the ship farthest to the back, which is usually above the captain’s quarters. This is not the bathroom.Privateer - government-sponsored piratesRum - pirate’s traditional alcoholic beverageRun a shot across the bow - warning shot to another vessel’s captainSavvy? - do you understand and do you agree?Scallywag - mild insult akin to rapscallion or rogueScurvy dog - the pirate is talking directly to you with mild insultScuttle - to sink a shipSeadog - old pirate or sailorShark bait - will soon join Davy Jones’ LockerShipshape - cleaned up and under controlShiver me timbers! - comparable to “Holy Crap!”Son of a Biscuit Eater - insult directed towards someone you don’t likeThar she blows! - Whale sightingThree sheets to the wind - someone who is very drunk. One sheet is mildly drunk and four sheets is passed out.Walk the plank - punishment in which person walks off a board jutting over the side of the ship while at sea. The consequence is drowning and a visit to Davy Jones’ Locker.Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen! - pull up the anchor and the sail and let’s get goingYe - youYo Ho Ho - cheerful exhortation to demand attention
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tribalman

Re: (Blueridge9)

Post by tribalman »

YAR MATEYS!!! Being today falls on a Saturday, who else is going to celebrate with a bit of ole rum? YAR HAR HAR!
None. Vibe is gone.
scherry2

Re: (tribalman)

Post by scherry2 »

I that would be me who'll join you in a mug of rum. I'll meet you at the Scurvy Pig's Eye where the grog is cold and the wenches hot!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

ye'll be talkin rightly this day or ye'll be keelhauled
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

just got home from my day of pirateness. started at 10am at a local museum that had a pirate exhibit (dressed of course), went on a 77ft sail boat captained by a friend (who was also in pirate garb, ship was also hoisting a red jolly roger cause she is named the Red Witch), went to dinner, went to an arcade to play DDR(arr!!) with the captain while in costume, then went to the pub for a quick rum shot. amazing day!i need ideas for next year.
None. Vibe is gone.
lovemyraffe

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day (tribalman)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Yargh I shall be thrown to Davy Jones locker...I remembered not.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

scrape yer barnacled (removed) and heave to
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Last night was the pirate pub crawl (which I did not attend) however am told it was fun and looked like halloween already. LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
futureviber

Post by futureviber »

I missed it!! It's almost over!! Would have loved to have talked like a pirate all day. Maybe I'll remember next year... arrr
joatmon

Re:

Post by joatmon »

futureviber wrote:I missed it!! It's almost over!! Would have loved to have talked like a pirate all day. Maybe I'll remember next year... arrr
clear yer scuppers, it be t'morrow
BlueCrush

Re: September 19 - International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Post by BlueCrush »

Yaarrr!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Skin yer eye for a galleon to plunder
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Arrr ye serious?! We are having Pi[e]rate Day at work... Doing a bake sale fundraiser for local charity. Coworker is dressed up as a pirate all day. He also told me a horribly great pirate joke.

What is a turned on pirates worst fear?

A sunken chest with no booty. Harharhar :lol:
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Yarr, me mates.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto