Kumho Ecsta ASX's were great, should I get another set though?

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
Whelan

Kumho Ecsta ASX's were great, should I get another set though?

Post by Whelan »

Great tires for the money, they are pretty worn though with all the driving I do. Question is, do I get another set or move on to something different. I like the All season with some performance, looking to get a set for around $300 or less if possible.I've never had the same set of tires twice on a car, which is why I ask. Let me know your other thoughts.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
nygiantzz1

Re: Kumho Ecsta ASX's were great, should I get another set though? (Whelan)

Post by nygiantzz1 »

I've been looking at getting these for Michele's G5, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...ing=TThey are on sale, $82.00 for 16". Kuhmo started selling them this year, initial reviews are very positive.
Raven

Re: Kumho Ecsta ASX's were great, should I get another set though? (nygiantzz1)

Post by Raven »

I got my brother-in-law to buy the Platinums and he loves them. More of a smooth handling performance tire than a high performance though.
prathman

Post by prathman »

How many miles did you get out of the current set? That would probably decide for me whether to switch to something else. But if you liked the handling, grip, ride, and got good mileage out of them; then why switch?
Sublimewind

Re: Kumho Ecsta ASX's were great, should I get another set though? (prathman)

Post by Sublimewind »

This is the perfect time fo you to make the plunge and get a summer/winter combo... So, right now, be considering winter tires, then about 2/3 of the way through winter, start considering a "summer" tire... THEN, both will last twice as long, becuase you are only using them for 1/2 the year... AND you get the benifits of dedicated tires, not a single tire that is a compromise betwen the 2.....Something to consider... Once you do it, you won't go back... I've been doing summers/winters since 93' now.. I won't go back..
vibolista

Re: Kumho Ecsta ASX's were great, should I get another set though? (Sublimewind)

Post by vibolista »

Totally agree with sublime, winters do winter way better than any compromise a/s tire. Same with the summers. I've always had a dedicated set of winter tires on wheels that I just switch over when it's time. Those Platinums do look good for summer duty. Read that they are very quiet. Might be better than a summer slick when you get one of those early season snows and haven't gotten around to changing over to the snows.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
bull77

Post by bull77 »

+2 to go with a combobut if you want to save money --- get another set of kumhos, they give you what you want and don't hurt the wallet
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

go with the Fuzion HRI i love them. never had a problem with them. they are made by bridgestone. they are like $70 each so its cheaper them kumhos on tirerack.com
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
phoenixls2

Post by phoenixls2 »

Kumho is all we have bought over the past couple of years ( for different cars). We've never ventured intro trying another tire, but we have been pleased. Right now I have the Kumho Ecsta ASX on my Vibe.
~Jamie2004 Pontiac Vibe, silver