Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Brutus

Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T

Post by Brutus »

Greetings,I am kind of new to this forum and there seems to be a lot of very informed people here. I have the above car with about 15,000 miles on it. I was considering having a dealer install a S/C. I do not want to do it. I have a few questions that I will post below:Does anybody have a reccomended shop or dealer for doing this process in/around Minneapolis, MN?Would a S/C work okay on this car?For those who have this on their Vibe, has your mpg gone down much (if you keep your foot off the gas)?Could S/C be installed on older Vibe w/ MT if this car would not work with S/C?Any idea on labor costs? I know the S/C costs about $3200.With a S/C, do you have to run Premium gas?Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your consideration.
BlueCrush

Re: Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T (Brutus)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by Brutus »Greetings,I am kind of new to this forum but there seems to be a lot of very informed people here. I have the above car with about 15,000 miles on it. I was considering having a dealer install a S/C. I do not want to do it. I have a few questions that I will post below:Does anybody have a reccomended shop or dealer for doing this process in/around Minneapolis, MN? Shane @ DB Performance in BlaineWould a S/C work okay on this car? yes, but you would need to tune it with and e-manage w/boomslang harness and use larger 2ZZ injectors. The ECU and 5th injector that comes with it are only for the '03-'04 vibesFor those who have this on their Vibe, has your mpg gone down much (if you keep your foot off the gas)? most have gone down, some a little and some a lotCould S/C be installed on older Vibe w/ MT if this car would not work with S/C? yesAny idea on labor costs? I know the S/C costs about $3200. Figure 500-750, but it is pretty straight forward and many have installed it themselvesWith a S/C, do you have to run Premium gas? YESAny feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your consideration. [
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
02csnow

Re: Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T (BlueCrush)

Post by 02csnow »

Dont forget the adapter plate that needs to be machine made for it to fit.
Bye Bye Vibe.............
Lancer

Re: Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T (02csnow)

Post by Lancer »

Might be easier just to find a used cable throttle body. And cheaper.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Raven

Re: Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T (Lancer)

Post by Raven »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »Might be easier just to find a used cable throttle body. And cheaper.Then you run into PCM issues which are way more expensive and troublesome.
Lancer

Re: Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T (Raven)

Post by Lancer »

I have an '07 engine in my car now running with my s/c. I just transplanted the tb over from the old engine ('03). The '03 -'07 are all the same engine. The newer ones just have more emissions crap added.Also, I don't think you need a boomslang harness and e-manage. The TRD piggy back should work fine. If your going to do more to your engine like headers and intake and all, then you should get a more tunable piggy-back ecu.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
kevera

Re: Considering a S/C for 2007 Vibe w/ A/T (Lancer)

Post by kevera »

The TRD ECU will not work with the 05+ for a few reasons.The ECU perameters are different,from the older to the newer.The pin-out is different.You'll be throwing codes left right and center.It has been done with no success.Just go aftermarket.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil