Interior Bulb Replacement Guide

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
ragingfish

Interior Bulb Replacement Guide

Post by ragingfish »

List of all replacement bulb sizes for the interior of the vehicle.Roof-Mounted Map Light - MoonroofBulb Style = 1895Mirror-Mounted Map Lights - No MoonroofBulb Style = 192Center Dome LightBulb Style = 31mm x 10mm Festoon (8W)Rear Hatch AreaBulb Style = 31mm x 10mm Festoon (8W)
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide (ragingfish)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

SWEET! Thanks, this is what I have been looking for.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
SheVibe

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by SheVibe »

SWEET this make ordering leds super easy.thanks
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

Does anyone know how to pop the cover off of the roof mounted maplight (moonroof) to install a new bulb?
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
ColonelPanic

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide (sagekai)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Remove the one philips head screw in the moonroof control / map light assembly. Then you can pry the entire piece off.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joatmon

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide (sagekai)

Post by joatmon »

this one?http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...18486edit - CP beat me by a mnute
TheGeebs

Post by TheGeebs »

I can't find a part number for the bulbs behind the heater control knobs. My Temperature control is completely dark and the fan speed is dark on the right. I pulled the center instrument panel cover off and found a small bulb with a plastic base. No part number due to its size. Any ideas? Also I can't figure out how to remove the module that holds the vent/fan/temp controls. I found small plastic tabs to free the unit but something is holding it in from the left side so I can't reach behind to remove the bulb. Any suggestions would be most helpful.
ianvibe87

Post by ianvibe87 »

What would the size of bulb for the shifter? The bulbs that light up the D-for drive. Thanks
kevera

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide (ianvibe87)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by ianvibe87 »What would the size of bulb for the shifter? The bulbs that light up the D-for drive. ThanksSylvania Part is a #74 bulb
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
ianvibe87

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide (kevera)

Post by ianvibe87 »

Has anyone tried to replace the bulb that lights up the shifter letters? i can't figure it out
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

The bulbs behind the HVAC controls are a NEO4, as listed on http://superbrightleds.com/instrument.html, as well as the bulb that lights up A/C and Recirc (the words not the activation as those are soldered in and pretty much unnaccesible.) The hazard light and the rear defrost (both indicator and picture) are NEO3 bulbs. Be very careful when replacing them as there is no wiring harness for them. They simply twist in and out of the particular hole and have contacts that get wedged between the base and the HVAC controls.**If replacing with LEDs** When relpacing these bulbs with LEDs, it is best to mark one side of the base. This will help you if you put the bulb in backwards are they are polarized.Also to add to kevera's reply, it's a #74 wedge. They do make #74 bayonet (round) as well so I figured I'd throw that in there.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Center Dome LightBulb Style = 31mm x 10mm Festoon (8W)Rear Hatch AreaBulb Style = 31mm x 10mm Festoon (8W) So....what's the bulb number? Can't find measurements on sperbrightleds like he's listed here
Ant03vibe

Re: Interior Bulb Replacement Guide

Post by Ant03vibe »

Hi Vibers

The Vibe my son just purchased for his first car (oh yeah! :-)) is a 2003 Vibe with a sunroof. The map/reading light bulb is burnt. I went to replace it but the #1895 bulb has a 14v rating and the one in it only has a 12v rating (the metal casing state "Life12v10w-g" Any concerns with a 14volt? Or should the previous owner replaced it with a 14v bulb? Not sure what the original voltage should be.

thanks for your help!

Chad
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

Either will work. A given wattage lamp rated 14V will be dimmer than one rated 12V, but will probably last longer (less heat).

The 12V rating on auto electrics is a nominal rating. The actual battery voltage, fully charged, exceeds 13V, and the alternator often supplies greater than 14V. The 12V rating accounts for voltage drop over the circuit to the load.
Ant03vibe

Post by Ant03vibe »

Many thanks!
Have safe and happy New Year!

Chad :D
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

To update this thread for raginfish's lost pics

Interior light bulbs for first generation (2003-2008) Vibes

Roof-Mounted Map Light - Moonroof Bulb Style = 1895
Mirror-Mounted Map Lights - No Moonroof Bulb Style = 192
Center Dome Light Bulb Style = 31mm x 10mm Festoon (8W)
Rear Hatch Area Bulb Style = 31mm x 10mm Festoon (8W)
Note: These 31mm x 10mm Festoon seem to cross reference to # 3175 bulb
The bulbs that light up the D-for drive. #74 bulb
The bulbs behind the HVAC controls are a NEO4

This image shows the bulbs, but they are not to scale with respect to each other
gen1-IntBulbs.jpg
gen1-IntBulbs.jpg (17.43 KiB) Viewed 3714 times