PPE Header-Too sexy to install

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
kevera

PPE Header-Too sexy to install

Post by kevera »

Woot,my PPE header just showed up today.I waited 3 months for this bad boy,all that beauty hidden under the Vibe.Installation comes tomorrow morning.Can't wait to hear what she sounds like
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

!!Thats awesome!! I wish mine was like that. I take it you will be going cat-less?
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
kevera

Re: (ajflan)

Post by kevera »

I'm keeping the cat,we have emission tests every 3 years,so I don't want to fail.But I'm removing the pre-cat.
Raven

Re: (kevera)

Post by Raven »

That is one wicked looking piece!
keithvibe

Re: PPE Header-Too sexy to install (kevera)

Post by keithvibe »

don't forget the install photos...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

very nice kevin..just sucks its gotta get all dirty and not even be seen by people
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Damn! You get all the cool toys!Nice!!
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
kevera

Post by kevera »

Got it installed today.Holy **** this thing is loud.I kept the stock magnaflow resonator(thank god) and replaced the cat with a high flow magnaflow one.Had problems with the o2 sensors,had to add a few feet of wire to them.It drove not bad for not having both o2 sensors not hooked up.Forgot the camera,and it's pouring out.Damn this things loud now,can't even hear the s/c whine anymore.

Attached files
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

nice!! you should get some video or sound clips!
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

Damn! That thing is too sexy to be hidden underneath the car!
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

how are you going to put up with the extra noise, day in and day out
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Petrucci914

Re: PPE Header-Too sexy to install (keithvibe)

Post by Petrucci914 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »how are you going to put up with the extra noise, day in and day outNot all noises are created equal. If it sounds good, then you basque in that stuff. MMMMmmm, a 4-cyl that sounds like a V8.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Pics, sound clips, etc... or BAN! lol
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ajflan

Re: (damronjr)

Post by ajflan »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Pics, sound clips, etc... or BAN! lol+1
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
kevera

Re: (ajflan)

Post by kevera »

OK,OK settle down Here are a few pics of it installed,notice how long it is,And here is a little clip,this was done 9am this morning just after the o2 install,so I didn't rev too much.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

WEAK video! Looks good though, and sounds louder for sure. I just wish my Vibe sounded that responsive and well running!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

nice, sounds great and looks killer too
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

Damn. I gotta do a video now! I love how mine sounds. Did you install flex-pipe for your setup? Why did you do that?btw, how many bones did this set you back?
kevera

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »WEAK video!It's sounds way louder than that,remember it was 9am and at least I posted a video.I'll do an in car one soon,it will show how loud it really is Quote, originally posted by Petrucci914 »Did you install flex-pipe for your setup? Why did you do that?btw, how many bones did this set you back?You have to install a flex pipe because of the length of the header,you need a little bit of movement.As for price,way too much,in total it was $600 with the coating and flex pipe with delivery to Canada.But the HP gain is really noticeable.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

cant wait to hear it in person..hopefully on the 14th at the west meet
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

SekSay!What is the advantage of a long tube 4-----1 header over a shorter 4-1 or 4-2-1 header?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Petrucci914

Re: PPE Header-Too sexy to install (BlueCrush)

Post by Petrucci914 »

I would think that the farther away from the engine the gases converge, the more power and torque you have. You'd be able to push more.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

just because they call it a "firewall" doesn't mean you need to test it...
vibe Freak

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by vibe Freak »

You have got to strap that bad boy to a dyno. I will be dynoing mine on the 24th. Looks clean the loud exhaust gets annoying after awhile.
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
mac99d

Re: (vibe Freak)

Post by mac99d »

I got an idea that will solve your problem. Every time you stop, and park, you could put mirrors under your car. LOL It is a shame you have to hide such a nice looking part.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Twizted-Vibe

Post by Twizted-Vibe »

where did you get this hesder at? id like to get one for the vibe. and it looks badsaass man. and alos does it bolt up up do u have to take it to get done
2003 GT: Body Kit - 19" Rims - Lowered - 12000K HID's - Neons - Custom fiberglass - Custom System - Many other mods! View my Cardomain for many more mods/Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2995381
XRTIM

Re: (vibe Freak)

Post by XRTIM »

Very Nice!!!