Man down

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vibe Freak

Man down

Post by vibe Freak »

I was able to blow my transmission on the way to work to day. Looks like are little trannys do not like POWER. I pulled away from the light and bang the car rolled to the side of the road. But its covered so its all good.I will let you guys know more when they pull the transmission out of the car.
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
zionzr2

Re: Man down (vibe Freak)

Post by zionzr2 »

thats never any fun!!at least it aint your dime.Hope it gets well soon!!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Bummer! Sorry to hear, Dom. Hope you get her fixed up quick. You going to upgrade it while in the process?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
kevera

Post by kevera »

Dom,what a bad trip.Hopefully you take this opportunity to upgrade.Let us know what happened.I know my hair stood up a bit when I read this.I'm just hoping my valve-body and torque converter upgrade was enough to keep my tranny ticking for a while.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

as a modded AT F/I user myself, I will say upgrading the VB and TC will certainly help, however it is not a certainty to save the tranny from impending detonation.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

+1 to upgrade while its cracked open.MWR said that the 1zz tranny should hold 400hp with a TC upgrade. But if its open upgrade both if you can. Maybe a shift kit too....
rsaxman

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by rsaxman »

I am dumb...what is VB & TC?
BlueCrush

Re: (rsaxman)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by rsaxman »I am dumb...what is VB & TC?Yes! J/KVB = Valve BodyTC = Torque Converter
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »+1 to upgrade while its cracked open.MWR said that the 1zz tranny should hold 400hp with a TC upgrade. But if its open upgrade both if you can. Maybe a shift kit too....Wonder what all that would run, TC, VB, and SK?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ColonelPanic

Re:

Post by ColonelPanic »

For the love of.... how many more acronyms can we stand??? vibefreak, sorry to hear about your luck. Hope you can get it fixed! I'd seriously consider doing whatever these guys are talking about, build up the transmission a bit - they're not particularly strong IMHO. I didn't even have a single mod but mine still managed to self destruct.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Thanks for all the support guys, you all are much more kind than my wife is being. I only have 7500 miles left on the extended warranty I have on the car. So I am going to let them fix it and then build a transmission on the side to have swapped in later down the road. There were no sines that it was going to fail. The fluid is pink there is a cooler and it was not slipping at all. It just blow up. I am going to pull the S/C just so they cant say hay whats this.
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
kevera

Re: (damronjr)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Wonder what all that would run, TC, VB, and SK?VB=SK
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Whoa, that sucks. Glad it isn't your $$.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

ok so I'm scared...can' have any more issues..running out of cash again...
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Well it looks like my little torque monster has snapped an Axel. I will know more when they come in next week. We will be pulling both sides next week. If I put the car in gear I am going about 50 in the drive way which means the differential is spinning freely. So yes the ES inserts are getting the power to the ground.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Well boys and girls tonight is the night that we pull the axels. I will keep you guys posted on what we find..
kevera

Post by kevera »

That's better news,way cheaper than a whole tranny rebuild.Wonder if there are any stronger axles out there.Good luck.
vibe Freak

Re: Man down (kevera)

Post by vibe Freak »

I was thinking of that too. But if that's the weak link and you make it stronger then it will brake something inside the transmission next time. Checker had them for 69.99 bran new no re man crap for this little torque monster. And they say autos have no POWER.
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Well it was just the Axel. The transmission is fine. It was the drivers side axel, the inside knuckle was shattered. I will try to get pic's up soon. Happy motoring
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Glad to hear, Dom!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

Notice anything different in driving prior to it snapping? My driving experience sucks most of the time, and I've been hearing a crunch from the driver-side tire when going over certain bumps.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

No she just snapped and left me high and dry.
DiveNut

Re: (vibe Freak)

Post by DiveNut »

Ya...they tend to just let loose when the decide to grenade on us. Glad to hear your tranny is good. You'll be back in no time
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
vibe Freak

Re: (DiveNut)

Post by vibe Freak »

She is back tearing up the streets of Phoenix. The hardest part was finding the friggin 12 point 30mm deep socket in town. Online they are all over but when you need a tool you need the tool.
Petrucci914

Re: (vibe Freak)

Post by Petrucci914 »

Quote, originally posted by vibe Freak »No she just snapped and left me high and dry.Sounds like a lot of my ex-girlfriends.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
vibe Freak

Re: (Petrucci914)

Post by vibe Freak »

I hear you there.