Tuning need.

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vehicle_5

Tuning need.

Post by vehicle_5 »

For those of you using the TRD or GM S/C, what are you using to tune with?My real question being, do you use a piggyback such as the EManage only? OR do you use that, as well as a wideband A/F meter??I was told that I would need an Apex'i Power FC as well as a Innovate Motorsports wideband O2 controller. Is this correct? I don't want to buy more than I need. Since I thought that the PFC was a full replacement for my ECU and would also control the A/F ratios.
Mods:S2K antenna, PPE Race Header, INVIDIA exhaust, Injen CAI, APR fr. bar, Megan rear bar, Beatrush Underpanel, OEM carbon hood & 18" WedsSport'sCardomain
Lancer

Re: Tuning need. (vehicle_5)

Post by Lancer »

I have the Unichip piggy back. The s/c kit comes with a pre-programed piggy back that works alright. A little rich, but fine for tooling around town. Anything stand-alone is just over kill. And you dont need a wide band a/f gauge. A narrow band is enough.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
DiveNut

Re: Tuning need. (Lancer)

Post by DiveNut »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »I have the Unichip piggy back. The s/c kit comes with a pre-programed piggy back that works alright. A little rich, but fine for tooling around town. Anything stand-alone is just over kill. And you dont need a wide band a/f gauge. A narrow band is enough. I am going the same route as Lancer, i.e. Unichip mapped for my mods. Hope to have it installed this month. Found it to be pretty effective when I was NA, smooth power through out the entire RPM, very flat torque curve etc. I expect the same results with the SC. I'm also considering the SplitSec Split Second AIC1-A1L additional injector controller in conjunction with the UniChip in the future.As Lancer stated, the Unichip is fine for a daily driver.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
vehicle_5

Post by vehicle_5 »

Thanks guys, but remember I'm running it on a Celica, so I'm not even sure if the Unichip would work.
Mods:S2K antenna, PPE Race Header, INVIDIA exhaust, Injen CAI, APR fr. bar, Megan rear bar, Beatrush Underpanel, OEM carbon hood & 18" WedsSport'sCardomain
kevera

Re: (vehicle_5)

Post by kevera »

But also remember that most of us s/c guys around here have autos and we can't use the power fc.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Quote, originally posted by vehicle_5 »Thanks guys, but remember I'm running it on a Celica, so I'm not even sure if the Unichip would work. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Same engine and s/c. Only a slightly different ecu. Just tell the Unichip peeps what you have and they'll get what you need. (hopefully. they do have 'special' people working there! )What are your goals for your car?
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
vehicle_5

Post by vehicle_5 »

I'll give it a try, wouldn't hurt to find out if they could make something.I'm not sure exactly what my goals are right now. I would like to hit as close as I can to 200whp. I also have a whole wish list of parts I plan on buying. Mostly, I guess I want it more for show than for go, but this S/C will add that extra go I need!!
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

A guy at Unichip named Jack has been extremely helpful for me. Always replies quickly, seems pretty knowledgable. Here's his e-mail addess.jjones@unichip.usLet u sknow how things work out....
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
vehicle_5

Post by vehicle_5 »

Thanks. Will do.
satur9

Post by satur9 »

if youre street tuning the pfc yourself you need a wideband.if a shop is doing it on a dyno then no. if unichip doesnt have a celica harness it will still work but will need to be hardwired in
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
vehicle_5

Post by vehicle_5 »

I think I will be having a local shop do the tuning on their dyno. But, that's good to know!
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Which shop?
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
vehicle_5

Post by vehicle_5 »

Most likely Intense Motorsports. The have an in-house dynojet. But they're a little on the pricey side.