Texas Floods

Arkansas, Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas
zionzr2

Texas Floods

Post by zionzr2 »

With all the rain and Flooding going on in Texas, I hope all the Texas Vibes and their owners and owners property are high and dry!
BlueCrush

Re: Texas Floods (zionzr2)

Post by BlueCrush »

I was wondering that also. Cole??? Hope everyone and their Vibe are ok.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
cmhj2000

Post by cmhj2000 »

Let's just hope eveyone is ok. Equipment can be replaced.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (cmhj2000)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Been raining quite a bit in Houston area, but nothing like the Hill Country or Dallas/Ft. Worth. I've had to change my driving routes several times due to local flooding.Last Thursday, either a funnel cloud or a microburst (likely) hit our neighborhood. Knocked down several large trees and fences over a stretch of about a half-mile. We lucked out; only lost a few large branches and actually helped clear out dead branches in the tops of our water oaks.
GrayFox

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »and actually helped clear out dead branches in the tops of our water oaks.haha yay nature, huh Zuben? Where I live we've been getting the leftovers from you Texans and it's been raining off an on every day. At least it'll be safer to shoot fireworks with everything being soaked haha You guys stay safe!
slvrvibes

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by slvrvibes »

More rain today here in Houston, but Houston has been fortunate enough not to be getting all that rain that they are getting in Central TX.
genvibe garage
ZetaBlack

Post by ZetaBlack »

With all the rain that has been dumped in the SA area, it does not take long for the streets to flood. Definitely a good time to drive cautiously, esp if you have a CAI.
Vibe: 2005 Base Two-Tone SatelliteMods: Rear Facing Infant Safety Seat, Toddler Car Seat, K&N drop-in air filterMileage: 53K miles and going strong
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (ZetaBlack)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by ZetaBlack »With all the rain that has been dumped in the SA area, it does not take long for the streets to flood. Definitely a good time to drive cautiously, esp if you have a CAI.Pretty sure that NascarXprt has figured that one out...
quicksilver

Post by quicksilver »

Good friend in Austin says the huge lake there (lake Austin?) is 15-20 feet higher than usual and taking over the shoreline.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (quicksilver)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by quicksilver »Good friend in Austin says the huge lake there (lake Austin?) is 15-20 feet higher than usual and taking over the shoreline.Lake Travis, just west of town. "Town Lake" is actually the Colorado River that flows from Lake Travis south of downtown Austin.My sister lives near Lake Travis and said it's getting high, but the lake was below normal levels for a while anyway.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I was wondering that also. Cole??? Hope everyone and their Vibe are ok.Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »Pretty sure that NascarXprt has figured that one out...har har har. yea im ok but wet but the car has been in the shop for a week now, and i nolonger have a CAI (though i still miss one) i have a SR and feel alittle better now that i cant get hydro-lock for the time being. but yea its been ugly the past couple of weeks though.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
SuperSpeedWagon

Post by SuperSpeedWagon »

Im doing good over here in spring it just rains, no flooding just yet...
2010 vibe gt
quicksilver

Post by quicksilver »

Yes Zuben, you are correct, Lake Travis, and it's created with a dam from the Col. river, precisely. I was there a couple years ago with high waters and it engulfed the parking lot. And a nearby house.
vibecrxsi240sxse

Post by vibecrxsi240sxse »

I went to the Lake Travis official website and read that the lake is CLOSED?!?It looks like the boat launches and parks are closed due to "submerged debris and hazardous bacteria" from all the rain.I would like to trailer my boat up there at least once this summer, but I'll wait till everything is high and dry.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (vibecrxsi240sxse)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Yup; Lake Travis is closed. They've got the spillway going full blast right now and even Town Lake is flowing pretty rapidly.
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Well, it's rainin' again...I think I've only seen one rain-less day in the past two weeks. Today it's raining pretty hard; had to make some changes in my morning commute to avoid flooding.On the other hand, our temperatures have stayed below 100!Man, I feel like I'm livin' in Seattle.
rebbierae

Post by rebbierae »

Wow, would you guys send some of that up this way? As nature would have it, we are parched up in the midwest and need some moisture BADLY!
zionzr2

Re: (rebbierae)

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by rebbierae »Wow, would you guys send some of that up this way? As nature would have it, we are parched up in the midwest and need some moisture BADLY! yeah we need it bad up here too...Its come close but not close enough....
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

this is what i was able to capture at my house during a sudden appearance of a storm:hehe it looks like im moving with out me in it
damronjr

Re: Texas Floods (NascarXprt)

Post by damronjr »

Time for some wheelz!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

That's kinda freaky, Cole! You don't have a CAI on do you? lol. J/K
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
NascarXprt

Re: Texas Floods (BlueCrush)

Post by NascarXprt »

nope, SR Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Time for some wheelz! all in due time (ie hopefully by Oct.)
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Looks like Galveston and Houston are going to get drenched when Tropical Storm Humberto hits tonight. http://www.click2houston.com/w....htmlTropical Storm Humberto Heads For HoustonA tropical storm warning was issued from Port O'Connor, Texas to Cameron, La. A tropical storm warning means that tropical storm conditions are expected within the next 24 hours. A flash flood watch was also issued for part of southeast Texas until 7 p.m. Thursday.The center of Tropical Storm Humberto was about 55 miles south-southwest of Galveston at latitude 28.3 N and longitude 95.1 W. The storm was moving toward the north-northwest at 6 mph and had maximum sustained winds of 45 mph."Basically we're looking at a 10-hour landfall at about 9 p.m. or a little after that," KPRC Local 2 meteorologist Anthony Yanez said.The forecast models indicate the system will make landfall near Galveston."It would make landfall just east of Galveston Island," Yanez said. "If it flows a little bit more to the west or off to the east, it almost doesn't matter because no matter where this goes it's grabbing moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and moving it into southeast Texas."The storm is expected to be directly on top of Houston on Thursday morning."It's moving slow and that is bad with a tropical storm," Yanez said. "You do not want a tropical storm moving slow because it is going to dump a tremendous amount of rain."Wind speeds in Houston and Galveston were moving out of the north, and Yanez said that could cause trouble as the storm nears."What's going to happen is the storm is going to slow down because you have these competing winds that are moving against each other," Yanez said. "It's not the southerly wind where it can hit and race on out of here. Whenever you have that collision, it's going to slow this storm down. Obviously, with a storm like this that could bring in some incredibly heavy amounts of rain."Yanez said 5 to 10 inches of rain is likely over the next two days and some spots could see up to 15 inches."If we see that, we're not going to be able to handle that," Yanez said. "We just can't handle that much rain. It's moving at 6 mph. The formula is you divide that by 100. You could see 16 inches of rain. That would be the huge danger for us in Houston. That's not meant to scare anybody, that's just meant as a reality."The system is expected to continue to affect the area through Friday."This is something that we are going to be dealing with for quite a while," Yanez said.
genvibe garage
NascarXprt

Re: Texas Floods (slvrvibes)

Post by NascarXprt »

man this has been one of the wettest years for texas in a long time.