Thank You, Come Again!

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
Whelan

Thank You, Come Again!

Post by Whelan »

How Great is This! http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287 ... htmlDALLAS — Over the weekend, 7-Eleven Inc. turned a dozen of its stores into Kwik-E-Marts, the fictional convenience stores of "The Simpsons" fame, in the latest example of marketers making life imitate art.Those stores and most of the 6,000-plus other 7-Elevens in North America will sell items that until now existed only on television: Buzz Cola, KrustyO's cereal and Squishees, the slushy drink knockoff of Slurpees.It is all part of a campaign to hype next month's opening of "The Simpsons Movie," the big-screen debut for the long-running television cartoon series, which loves to lampoon 7-Eleven as a store that sells all kinds of unhealthy snacks and is run by a man with a thick Indian accent.For 20th Century Fox Film Corp. and Homer Simpson's creators at Gracie Films, the stunt is a cheap way to call attention to their movie, since 7-Eleven is bearing all the costs, which executives of the retail chain put at somewhere in the single millions.At 7-Eleven, they are hoping it shows the ubiquitous chain has a trait seen in few corporations — the ability to laugh at themselves.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
keithvibe

Re: Thank You, Come Again! (Whelan)

Post by keithvibe »

HAHAside note.... whelan... did ya get my pm?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Fricken hysterical! I will look for a store like that when I go to Dallas!
GrayFox

Re: Thank You, Come Again! (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by GrayFox »

This is horrible! Now I have to drive all the way to Dallas to see if they have any cases of Duff! HAHA this is great... I just wish there was one close to me I wasn't even aware they were coming out with a simpsons movie
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Thank You, Come Again! (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Another 7-11 promotion (I think). Supposedly, the President and CEO of 7-Eleven, Mr. Jim Keyes, started a new promotion on David Letterman a couple of weeks back. I saw this episode and thought it might be real. I found this transcript online:The CEO enters and addresses the audience from center stage.Quote, originally posted by Keyes » Great to be back, folks! Well, it's been almost a year since last July11th --- 7-11 --- when we kicked off our first promotion! And what a year it's been: over 40 million dollars worth of food and prizes given away thanks to that man right there, David Letterman!""For summer, we've got our greatest promotion, yet. All this month, go into any participating 7-Eleven and say ‘Dave and grilling make summer thrilling.' You'll receive two grilled hot dogs with all the fixins, and a Big Gulp, free! Now look for the 12-digit code on your Big Gulp cup! Enter your code at 7-Eleven.com to see if you've won our Grand Prize: a Weber Summit S-65- grill, plus a trip for four to the Midsummer Classic, the Major League Baseball All-Star Game, July 10th in San Francisco, where you'll throw out the first pitch! Wow! Dave, I'd have to say your latest promotion a home run! Right, folks?So make this summer a 7-Eleven summer! Thanks again, Dave. We'll see you all at 7-Eleven."Anyone care to verify it by walkin' into a 7-11? We don't have 'em in Houston no mo.
Whelan

Re: Thank You, Come Again! (keithvibe)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »HAHAside note.... whelan... did ya get my pm?I for some reason don't get the PMs at work so I dont see them till later in the evening. Use my email to get in tough, the Gmail one in my profile
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
silver_vibe

Post by silver_vibe »

I just got back from the one they did in Burbank, CA (1611 West Olive Avenue). It's roughly 15-20 min away from work so I figured what the heck. I bought a Squishee and a 6pack of Buzz Cola. I felt like such a freakin' nerd going there, but I felt much better once I was there because there were MANY people worse than me (taking photos, giggling/laughing, buying every novelty they could find, etc.).They were actually making a bunch of money, I had to wait in line for 10-15 min and they had 3 cashiers. I bet the place would have been relatively dead on a Monday if it was a regular 7-11.BTW - the $3 6pack of Buzz Cola I bought is selling on eBay for $10 (plus shipping) already. I'd buy 10-20 6packs to sell if I had an eBay account.
Mavrik

Re: Thank You, Come Again! (silver_vibe)

Post by Mavrik »

damn no kwik e mart near me that I know of. I'd love some krusty brand cereal lol
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

i noticed at the 7-Eleven i was getting gas at the other day that they have a contest to be 'drawn' into an upcoming Simpsons episode!How cool would that be?!?
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
NascarXprt

Re: (Atomb)

Post by NascarXprt »

haha that is funny i saw this on our local news sunday night and i laughed so hard. i cant wait till the Simpsons movie. has anyone seen the latest preview for it? signing to the Spider-man Theme song in Homers voice "Spider Pig, Spider pig......"
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM