Dripping Moonroof

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
sassi_vibe03

Dripping Moonroof

Post by sassi_vibe03 »

I've had my Vibe for about 6 weeks and its been raining off and on for about 2 days, my moonroof is dripping around the passenger side corner. I've washed it several times and never noticed any leaking then. Anybody else had this problem? I have called my dealer and they will take it to their body shop.
Sputnik

Re: Dripping Moonroof (sassi_vibe03)

Post by Sputnik »

GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
ColonelPanic

Re: Dripping Moonroof (sassi_vibe03)

Post by ColonelPanic »

I've had the same problem with my Vibe, sassi. Being the first car I've ever owned with a moonroof, I always take a close look up there when I take my car through a high-pressure, touchless automatic car wash. Around March, then I started noticing water pouring in from the passenger's side rear corner of the moonroof when driving it through the car wash. Shortly after, we were getting a lot of rain - and it was even leaking then as well. It was draining fine, but I didn't think that much water should have been making its way inside. I took it to the dealer and had them look at it. They were able to duplicate the issue by a quick spray. Come to find out my issue did not pertain to the TSB as it was draining correctly. The problem was that too much water was making its way around the glass. They called GM's tech support, they advised them to make a few adjustments to the moonroof. That helped significantly... A couple of drops can sometimes be seen when running it through the car wash, but nothing I'm alarmed about. Those few drops go straight down the drain, so all is well... And now, not a drip to be seen when it's raining.GM also advised the dealer that a couple of drips now and then is normal, which I certainly agree - especially when considering the pressure of the water hitting the car when I'm in the car wash. I have found that if I leave the moonroof closed for a few days and it's reasonably warm, I have no leaks when going through the car wash. I'm thinking the weatherstrip around the glass forms a good seal thanks to the warmth. But if I close the moonroof shortly before running it through, it will leak a drop or two.So hopefully in your case it's just something simple like it was for me. I don't think it'll take them too long to get you rollin' again, I was out in just a couple of hours...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image