Help with 5th injector hose.

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vibe Freak

Help with 5th injector hose.

Post by vibe Freak »

I really need to know if any one can fabricat or tell me where I can get this hose made. I live in AZ and it gets a little hot in the summer. So I really need to run the 5Th injector. Thanks Dominic
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
Raven

Re: Help with 5th injector hose. (vibe Freak)

Post by Raven »

I don't get the relation between heat and a fifth injector. If it's really hot out the car should be running too rich already.
vibe Freak

Re: Help with 5th injector hose. (Sunny)

Post by vibe Freak »

Sunny I thought that the 5th injector cooled the S/C. Thats why it was better than going with bigger injectors.
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

where is lancer when you need him, I think he had a 5th injector so he might know...... you should pm Lancer
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

you might also ask Jason (damronjr) about this...going S/C here in the valley eh?
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Quote, originally posted by vibe Freak »I really need to know if any one can fabricat or tell me where I can get this hose made. I live in AZ and it gets a little hot in the summer. So I really need to run the 5Th injector. Thanks Dominic What exactly do you have? A TRD/GM s/c? If so, they already have a fifth injector (POS in my opinion).I would go with water/meth injection to control engine temps. It's FAR more efficiant than the fifth injector. AND you can make more power with larger main injectors + w/i. The only problem would be in the tuning.Another 'pro' to go with w/i is that you can add more ignition timing for even more power. It's a chemical intercooler and cheaper then messing with the fuel system.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
vibe Freak

Re: Help with 5th injector hose. (Lancer)

Post by vibe Freak »

Its is a TRD S/C. The injector is on the s/c but the hose was cut 6" after the injector. Thanks for the help guys.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by vibe Freak »Its is a TRD S/C. The injector is on the s/c but the hose was cut 6" after the injector. Thanks for the help guys. Somebody's an idiot, who cut the hose and why? Not sure where to get a new one, or if they can be fabricated. Good luck getting it fixed! Nice to have another S/C'er out here! Listen to Lancer he knows all! I'm running the 5th and w/i.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
vibe Freak

Re: Help with 5th injector hose. (damronjr)

Post by vibe Freak »

It looks like there is a local hose shop that can fabricate it for me. The guy said as long as I have all the fittings he can reuse them to make the hose. So this Tuesday I will be getting the stock hose from Toyota and heading over to see him. I already have the banjo fitting. Thanks Dominic
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

Lancer thanks for the input. I really want to keep the car as reliable as possible. I am not looking to brake any records. Dominic
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Now I understand what you needed. Your way is the easisest/cheapest route. I didn't think you had the TRD s/c by what you wrote. Still, adding w/i injection will help you with controling engine temps more.Quote, originally posted by vibe Freak » I am not looking to brake any records. Dominic I don't think anyone with the s/c is out to brake any records. I'm just trying to get the max out of it (and maybe hit mid 14's in the 1/4 mile! ).
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

I am planning on running the S/c with the T/B spacer and a warm air intake. I t will be with the 5th injector and a TRD ecu. I have the NGK plugs that TRD recommends and will be running a TRD thermostat. I thought that the 5th injector helped with cooling the compressed air. Now as fare as dyno tuning is there any tuning that can be done if you are running a TRD ecu. Would you recommend a adjustable fuel pressure regulator ?
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Your right, the 5th injector is to help control exhaust temps. And it helps with the need for more fuel with the extra air being forced into the engine from the s/c. The TRD ecu isn't tunable. And you don't need a fpr with a TRD s/c. The s/c doesn't push enough air that you'd need one to keep a safe a/f ratio. Unichip or Camcom would really be perfect for what you have.I also don't think the throttle body spacer would do much good infront of the rotors of the s/c. As far as cooling, it wouldn't make any differance since the air is flowing past it so fast the 1" thickness of it that it would have time to cool anything. If anything, I would drill and tap a nozzle into it for w/i. Do yo see a pattern devoloping? Water injection is the way to go.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Lancer, you have your W/I in the port on the side of the S/C spraying directly into the propellers, am I right? Does that not present an issue of damaging the propellers with the water? I thought I heard that was/could be an issue with W/I. I have mine in the CAI tube.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

No, the port is part of the intake manifold. The rotors are underneath that.Depending who you talk to and what train of though they use, you'll have slightly different oppinions on this. Some guys at the tuner shop say that as long as the spray is fine enough it should be alright and even 'lubricate' the rotors. Others spray into the cai.I figured that it would do the most good cooling the hot pressurized air after the rotors, just as it enters the engine.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »No, the port is part of the intake manifold. The rotors are underneath that.Depending who you talk to and what train of though they use, you'll have slightly different oppinions on this. Some guys at the tuner shop say that as long as the spray is fine enough it should be alright and even 'lubricate' the rotors. Others spray into the cai.I figured that it would do the most good cooling the hot pressurized air after the rotors, just as it enters the engine. I could probably do that as well, but then where do you have your boost guage? That is where I have mine hooked up.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »I could probably do that as well, but then where do you have your boost guage? That is where I have mine hooked up.Off of one of the other boost lines. It's the line T'ed off and zipped tied to the throttle cable.

Attached files
vibe Freak

Post by vibe Freak »

I was able to get the hose made.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Good deal, and thanks Lancer!