The Seafoam Chronicles

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
BlueCrush

The Seafoam Chronicles

Post by BlueCrush »

My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Vibr8tr

Re: The Seafoam Chronicles (BlueCrush)

Post by Vibr8tr »

What are they putting in there?
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Similar to GM Top Engien cleaner which I have used before. GM tells you not to rev the crap out of the engine. Pour the cleaner in until it is just about gone and then pour faster until the engine stalls. Let sit and then restart. It makes huge clouds of smoke.
ColonelPanic

Re: The Seafoam Chronicles (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yeah, they kinda went about that all wrong! Revving it up like that probably blew the crap out of the engine before it had a chance to do anything. I've seen this done before too, huge clouds of smoke is right!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Dragonsm

Re: The Seafoam Chronicles (ColonelPanic)

Post by Dragonsm »

I've been that person before... One way to get neighbors talking in the neighborhood and a way to control the mosquito population. 1/2 a can of sea foam through the vacuum brake line (or whatever it is called) and stall out the motor that way. Let sit....and then start it back up. Actually cleaned the injectors out....however the buildup of the excess in the cat made for an interesting drive. Drove around for an hour or so and you would have thought I was burning oil big time.
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »http://videos.streetfire.net/s...3.htmFlorida plates. Is this anyone here?Not I.....
In Memory, taken too early in a rear end collision
Sunrise: June 2006, Sunset: Jan 2015 :cry:
Miles 129,000
2006 Silver Mono, Base 4-Speed auto.
In Memory of Pontiac Motor Division 1926-2010
In Memory of the Pontiac Vibe 2002-2009
DavidPIL

Re: The Seafoam Chronicles

Post by DavidPIL »

Yeah, I've used Seafoam before. The revving part is pretty stupid. It works great through the next fill-up then the car seems to go back to the way it was. When I let the car idle, I didn't get the smoke that bad, it all came out when I went for a drive afterwards. Still didn't rev it much but I thought I had messed something up with all the smoke I was letting out. Used a little less than half the bottle through the intake hose then poured the rest directly into the tank on the next fill-up.Dave
VforVIBE

Re: The Seafoam Chronicles (ColonelPanic)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Yeah, they kinda went about that all wrong! Revving it up like that probably blew the crap out of the engine before it had a chance to do anything. I've seen this done before too, huge clouds of smoke is right! my brother did that to the GTO, nothing funnier then seeing that thing going down the road spiting out smoke.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
justin0469

Post by justin0469 »

I did this on my previous car, ridiculous amount of smoke. I was thinkin about doing it for my Vibe now too, putting it through the vacuum line off of the intake manifold that normally goes to the airbox. I just feel better about making sure everything is clean and not have to worry about when the last time was that the previous owner did anything.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

I don't get it....what's the point? I'm sure the engine would be fine without it?...and of course just like anything you put on streetfire, there's alllways someone to flame your video no matter what it is of. I got a few comments on some of my videos that pissed me off.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
justin0469

Post by justin0469 »

I just do it to make sure it is running its best and clean. Depending on how dirty it is in there, it could make siginifcant difference. I haven't been looking around on these cars too much but I know alot of cars run their PCV and valve cover breather hose back to the intake. Over time, that means a coating of oil in your throttle body and intake manifold.I did it today and for the most part it was pretty white (clean), sometimes it had a bluish tint but it is all clean now.
ToolGuy

Re: The Seafoam Chronicles (Merzbow)

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »I don't get it....what's the point? I'm sure the engine would be fine without it?It is done to clean the top of the engine Merz such as the pistons, valves, valves guides, things like that. When you use it or others like GM Top Engine Clean, you let it sit and soak, then start the car. Seems like all the dudes did here in the vid is pour it in and start it up to watch the smoke. Unless there is a time lapse we did not see of when they let it sit and soak. It can be used as a safe guard but usually recommended when the engine is pinging from carbon build up. Sea Foam can also be used in the fuel tank to clean injectors but not in the manner in the video. It must be poured directly into the gas tank for the average person to clean their injectors. I use Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner in all my cars for fuel injector cleaning. GM recommended and a GM Master Tech friend of mine recommends it too, so you cannot go wrong using it.
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

were could i find the seafoam stuff???
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
VforVIBE

Re: (Raivis)

Post by VforVIBE »

Auto parts, Autozone, etc...
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT