watch out. halloween problems

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
tribalman

watch out. halloween problems

Post by tribalman »

to all those who live in illinois, dupage county, watch out. some punk kids are using pumpkins to damage cars. just happened to me a few hours ago. and yes, a pumpkin will shatter the rear windshield and cause some serious denting. what really sucks is i wasn't too far away from the car and didn't hear anything at all. darn spoiled upperclass kids!!!
None. Vibe is gone.
Katscan

Re: watch out. halloween problems (tribalman)

Post by Katscan »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »to all those who live in illinois, dupage county, watch out. some punk kids are using pumpkins to damage cars. just happened to me a few hours ago. and yes, a pumpkin will shatter the rear windshield and cause some serious denting. what really sucks is i wasn't too far away from the car and didn't hear anything at all. darn spoiled upperclass kids!!!I hope they get hit by a truck.....that sort of thing makes me mad, when people cant respect other peoples property. I know my blood got boiled one night when I was at the local game shop and I had left my sunroof cracked open. I was leaving for the night and got into my car and noticed some spots on the winshield and on the dash. I was like...(removed).. and looked around my car trying to figure out what was going on. When I get out of my car and look around I find a(now empty) McDonalds drink stuffed under one of my luggage bars and soday covering the roof of my car and dripping down the side. Not to mention the soda that went through my cracked sunroof and into the interior of my car.....I was PO! But, what happened to you doesnt compair but I know I would be in the mood to chop some hands off a kid or finding their car and obliterating it....see how they like it.....
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I've already made room in my garage for the car on Halloween. Its not sitting out in the driveway while hundreds of kids walk by it.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

i'm thinking i'm going to be "sick" on hallowen and unable to go to work and instead go back to the town where it happened and wander around with a big knife and a big stick. i think it's time to be a vigilante. /jokewhat sucks is a darn $500 deductable. from what i'm hearing from other people windshields are 80-175. but with the dent, yeah. i had a friend back into another friends car in the back quarterpanel, damage there was 600. who knows. insurance is such an interesting idea.
None. Vibe is gone.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

i get paranoid every year about halloween -- for both mischief night AND halloween eve, i'll usually drive on the grass and park my car behind my house where it won't get seen or messed with...and yes, i am dead serious...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
VforVIBE

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by VforVIBE »

Well, this is my Vibe's first Halloween, I'm thinking about spending the entire night in the Vibe, with a bat or a be-be gun.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
KNINE

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by KNINE »

Would that be a vampire bat?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
VforVIBE

Re: (K-NINE)

Post by VforVIBE »

Yes, and if anyone gets too close to V, I'll throw vampire bats at them .
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
redlava

Post by redlava »

Vampire bat. Ha! Ha!Thankfully I am at work that night. So if any kid wants to drive all the way down to the corner of no and where then go for it.
ashleymc_38

Post by ashleymc_38 »

Ya, i'm gonna be a lil nervous when devils night/halloween comes around. I live in a pretty big apartment complex and i can't say I live in the best place around. Kids around here are pretty rude. My apartment is right by the playground and a day never passes without some fight going on *rolls eyes* Plus, i was walking up to my apartment one day and there was a group of kids prolly like 10 or 11 years old, smashing in the aluminum on the sides of the car ports...so i can understand why half of you all want to carry around them baseball bats on devils night/halloween
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

You could hang out with a fruit bat. That would be just faaaabulous!
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I live in the country. So unless a bunch of cows get together and go Vibe tipping, I'm okay.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i live in a redneck town in IL and i hate to say it, but i'm glad i saw this; it reminds me not to park in the street next tuesday. i'll probably pull into the alley and park in the backyard, like the hoosier i am. (around here hoosier=redneck)
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
VforVIBE

Re: (ashleymc_38)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ashleymc_38 »Ya, i'm gonna be a lil nervous when devils night/halloween comes around. Devils night??? (removed)!?!
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

devil's night is a common alternative name for halloween.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
VforVIBE

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by VforVIBE »

But it's not the devil's night, it's Allhallows Even, the vigil of Hallowmas or All Saints' Day. "The festival of Halloween is based on a combination of the Christian commemoration of the departed faithful (All Saints' Day) with the pre-Christian Celtic feast associated with a celebration of the end of summer and the Celtic New Year. "
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

well thanksgiving isn't turkey day either...
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

My poor Taurus wagon fell victim to a posse of four of them on bikes while I was at work today around 7pm. The rear window exploded all over the inside of the car. I was getting cut just sitting in the drivers seat on the way home. I spewed so many crazy vulgar words out of my mouth I couldn't even believe it. If it was the Vibe though I would be in jail. Both me and the city of Pontiac are very lucky it didn't happen to the Vibe. To all those suffering similar fate, I feel you pain as I do not have full coverage on my Taurus
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
ColonelPanic

Re: watch out. halloween problems (Merzbow)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Son of suck! Dude, that bytes! I hate to hear that man... Even if it was your beater! May those kids rot!Glad it wasn't the Vibe though!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
tribalman

and it just got started!!! more of the story, part 2!

Post by tribalman »

haha! i figured after i dropped my car at the shop my troubles would end with this issue(see first post), boy was i wrong! first i was told, "middle of next week" by the dude, seeing as how i droped the car off on a wednesday this isn't too bad, a little long, but whatever. i call on monday the 30th just to see whats up and see if by some chance the car was fixed in the 3-5 days i was told orginally. aparently parts were on back order and they just got there, now it will be finished at the end of the week and they said they would keep in touch. wtheck is crossing my mind. figure i'd call on friday the 3rd just to see if the car will be finished on saturday because 2 weeks without a car is really annoying and i need transport. turns out the car was finished and they were just finishing up washing it and i could pick it up in an hour.hrm.... shouldn't they have called about that? oh well, what ever, i have my car back!this is the part that really angers me more than the damage!i didn't have time to really look over the car, i had to be at work in 5 minutes so off i went. next morning i looked at the car. the center brake light's shroud was missing! i even left in the trunk, next to the wiper motor, which did get reinstalled. there are little plugs that hold the wiper onto the window and they are on the outside. when they were installed the shop took what looks like vice-grips to hold them in place as the bolt/screw was tightened from the inside, marring it up pretty good. there are four. also, when they removed the duct tape and bag that i had put over the window to keep the rain out, it was raining the night of the accident and the day after, they just pulled the tape off, giving no care to remove any resin or parts of duct tape left behind. no biggie, except they also waxed over it! they also had to remove the quarter panel to repaint cause it was also scrached along with being dented very well (13 inches long, about 3 wide), and after they repainted it, they didn't buff it so the whole thing doesn't match the rest of the car and it's pretty coarse.this had really been a crappy 2 weeks for me. just no luck. the name of the place i took my car too is carstar if you want to try and avoid them. i was even reccomened them very highly by a few people.
None. Vibe is gone.
vibe04

Post by vibe04 »

I'm on tthe border of cook, dupage and will county, but always look out for punk kids. No problems yet, but you never know.
VIBE04