How to remove Vibe back seat?

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
Carmen75

How to remove Vibe back seat?

Post by Carmen75 »

Can it be done? I need more storage.
Mrizzle05

Re: How to remove Vibe back seat? (Carmen75)

Post by Mrizzle05 »

its not hard... but, why?When they fold down you get a flat spacious surface.wouldnt you only get maybe the seats worth of space which wouldnt be much? just an opinion.But all you gotta do that i know of is take the bolts out from the lower seat cushion and then the looong plastic storage compartment behind the back seats has some more bolts for the seatbelts.Im not sure if there is anymore, but thats teh just of how to get them unhooked.Good luck
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
Carmen75

Re: How to remove Vibe back seat? (Mrizzle05)

Post by Carmen75 »

I need a LOT of storage. Should probably buy a car that has more, but I can't find anything that also gets good mileage. Am thinking of getting a Thule thing for the top as well.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

not to steal the thread, but would the front seats of a vibe fit in my sunfire? i like the seats in the vibe, very comfortable and look better then the ones i have now..i know the back seats wont fit im sure, unless i did some modifications
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

I don't know about the fold down part in the back, but the bottom of the seats is easy enough. Bolts just under the seats on the vertical carpet, then bolts holding down the back.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
joatmon

Re: How to remove Vibe back seat?

Post by joatmon »

Anything fits with enough work, but it might be easier to move Vibe seats into a Toyota than into a different Pontiac-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Carmen Miranda? I guess you need all that space for those huge fruit hats You will want to make something to cover the floor where the back seat bottom is, because that is how you access the fuel pump/fuel gauge sending unit, and you would not want a cargo shift to mess up those wires or fuel lines.
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

Quote, originally posted by Carmen75 »Am thinking of getting a Thule thing for the top as well.Getting the Vibe for gas mileage becomes nearly a moot point with a Thule on top. It will probably cost you 6-10 mpg, especially if you are carrying that much cargo...in that case, it may be beneficial to have a car that has lower gas mileage but more storage...you'd have to check the economics and the true value of swapping...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

It's not as simple as two bolts. There is a lot that holds it in. IIRC, you also have to take out some of the paneling to access part of the mounting. And the spacial gain would be negligble.Now removing the front seat is easy...and you'll gain more space doing that...But if you have side airbags, you're again asking for trouble.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Also, it's easier to take one side of the rear at a time. Especially if your doing this yourself. Those seats are heavy!. And it will be a lot louder from the exhaust.When your done it will look like this:And this>>>

Attached files
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
tcam

Re: How to remove Vibe back seat? (Lancer)

Post by tcam »

haha, gutted cars are tight. Lancer, how much weight do u think u lost from those seats. I'm assuming u were going to the track or something?
Carmen75

Re: How to remove Vibe back seat? (Lancer)

Post by Carmen75 »

That is not pretty. Thanks so much for those pictures...I had no idea there would be so much "exposure" when the seats were out. Was hoping for a nice, smooth floor under the seats.