The most popular color where you are?

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
808 Vibes

The most popular color where you are?

Post by 808 Vibes »

I've noticed that I see more Frostys and Platinums here than anything else. Then Salsa, Lava, Moonstone, Stealth, Neptune, Abyss, Fusion.I've never seen older people in Vibes though...I think my Mom's the only cool one LOL
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
ColonelPanic

Re: The most popular color where you are? (HawaiiPontiacLover)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Around here, the most popular color is clear... since nobody around these parts wants to drive one. Although as non-existant as Vibes are, somehow this crummy lil' town has an Envy of its own running around that I've seen on more than a couple occasions.In my travels, I seem to see a lot of satellite/platinum ones, probably moreso than any of the other colors...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Sputnik

Re: The most popular color where you are? (ColonelPanic)

Post by Sputnik »

I'd say Satellite/Platinum in Ottawa is most frequently seen. Followed by Abyss and Salsa. I see one Envy - and its the same one everytime because it has personalized plates. I've seen a couple of Fusions. Not many Frosty, Lavas or Neptunes.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

here in my town, there are more Neptune 2-tones than anything, followed by Salsa, then Lava, and then strangely....Fusion....there are about 5 of them in town. I've seen one Moonstone, never seen a 05~ Platinum nor a Envy around here. I think my 2 Vibes have been the only AWD, but I've Seen an Abyss GT.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
Mavrik

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by Mavrik »

hard to tell here in alaska but the most unpopular colour seems to be fusion. Which is fine by me. I think I've seen maybe 2-3 other fusion coloured vibes up here that were not the same one seen over and over.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Zorren

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Zorren »

I seem to see lots of Frostys and Satellite/Platinum. One thing i dont see much of is the Monotone.
Mrs. White: Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so... much... it... it... the... it... the... fee... flames... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... breathless... heaving breaths...
Mario

Post by Mario »

Not too sure abour colour, but in Ontario the youngest person I saw driving a Vibe must have been 63.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

its hard to rank the color around here there are just a ton of vibes everywhere. there seems to be a good distribusion of color. I know of only 2 Envy's though and only seen 1 Stealth that was not on the dealership lots. more older people than younger driving the vibes.I do see a large number of matrix too and there I see mostly the Silver ones.
joholste

Re: The most popular color where you are? (Sputnik)

Post by joholste »

i'd say frosty, neptune, and platinum are the most popular
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

i dont suppose there are any actual sales figures to back up our claims is there?
trtlflwrs

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by trtlflwrs »

hmmm, i've seen quite a few and the drivers appear to either be 30 yr old soccer-moms-in-the-making OR older than 65 males. (i guess i don't really fit in!)as far as color??? i'd guess there's a lot of the platinums/stealths... a handful of 2-tone neptune and mono salsas. i've seen only one other abyss - but no pinstriping!...Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »i dont suppose there are any actual sales figures to back up our claims is there?that would be interesting to see
2007 sun & sound, preferred pack, 5-speed, mono Abyss with metallic blue pins... oooh aaaah
GrayFox

Re: (trtlflwrs)

Post by GrayFox »

There's one Envy running around my area (haven't seen it in a while tho) but I've never seen a fusion. mostly salsa, neptune, or silver. One abyss and a couple moonstone (including me )
ColonelPanic

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »i dont suppose there are any actual sales figures to back up our claims is there?There has to be somewhere... About all we have are production numbers from waaay back in the day for '03. I don't know where those numbers came from but would be nice to find updated ones.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=6023
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

Platinum, Salsa and Frostys are the ones I see most.
genvibe garage
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

I'm at home - the most popular color here is Fusion. Of course it's the only Vibe color here...Is that what you meant?
Scott
808 Vibes

Re: The most popular color where you are? (scott_h)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Yeah. When you're driving, and see other Vibes, what color(s) do you see more of?
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
sk8r78

Post by sk8r78 »

I would say Neptune, I think there are two Monotone and two, 2 tone here in town, but all the colors are represented except Envy. Has anyone ever seen an Envy Monotone?
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

I see almost all colors all of the time. Mostly Neptune though. The rarest ones are Envy, Fusion, and Abyss believe it or not. I don't see a whole lot of black ones like mine and two tone Abyss's are even more rare!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

I see lots of Platinum, Neptune, then some Salsas, a couple of Lava, Fusion and Frosty, even less Abyss, and I have NEVER even seen a live Envy anywhere, let alone here in London.The age range seems to be mostly medium-old farts like me (30-45), a couple of ancients, but not too many young-uns.
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
808 Vibes

Re: The most popular color where you are? (Atomic)

Post by 808 Vibes »

Quote, originally posted by Atomic »The age range seems to be mostly medium-old farts like me (30-45)HEY! I'm in that category, but don't consider myself a "medium-old fart"! LOL I really don't see any younger or older Vibe drivers. I see military, and also middle age owners here.
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »HEY! I'm in that category, but don't consider myself a "medium-old fart"! LOL At least he didn't categorize us as one of "The Ancients"
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
808 Vibes

Re: The most popular color where you are? (K-NINE)

Post by 808 Vibes »

HAHAAAAA!!!! I think I like saying "the older the grapes, the sweeter the wine" better!
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by HawaiiPontiacLover »HAHAAAAA!!!! I think I like saying "the older the grapes, the sweeter the wine" better! I'll drink to that, "young lady"
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.