Need Help changing my passenger side mirror

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
Dans_03Vibe

Need Help changing my passenger side mirror

Post by Dans_03Vibe »

have no clue of how to take off the mirror (broke 3 days ago)
Current Mods:AEM CAI,Hotchkis Lowering Springs,RK Sport CF Roof Caps(STILL NOT ON CAR),SR Racing SR7 17'Wheels,S2000 Antenna,Goerlich XLERATOR Exhaust,Audiobahn amp(non working) 2 10"subs(siting in garage)Wish List:Ground Effects BodyKit,DC Headers,New Exhaust System,New Amp,Tein Lowering Springs,Fix The Dents,New Paint
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ive never done it...but with my old windstar, i had to take off the inside triangle piece on that door (inside the car opposite of the mirror) it could also have a speaker in it if you have the moons n toons. then there should be bolts in there you undo and the mirror can come off and be unclipped (electrics). I THINK THIS IS IT but correct me or add on if you know.
mth

Re: Need Help changing my passenger side mirror (Dans_03Vibe)

Post by mth »

I need to change my mirror as well. It looks as if there be bolts behind the triangular interior trim piece, but I can't readily see how the plastic trim piece would be removed. Have you had any luck? Any advice would be appreciated.
kcorona

Re: Need Help changing my passenger side mirror (mth)

Post by kcorona »

From the 03 Matrix factory manual:OUTER REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY LHREPLACEMENTHINT: Installation is in the reverse order of the removal. In the RH side, work in the same procedure as in the LH side.1. REMOVE FRONT DOOR PULL HANDLE LH (See page 75–5)2. REMOVE POWER WINDOW REGULATOR MASTER SWITCH ASSY (W/ POWER WINDOW)(See page 75–5)3. REMOVE FRONT ARMREST BASE PANEL UPPER LH (W/O POWER WINDOW)(See page 75–5)4. REMOVE FRONT DOOR WINDOW REGULATOR HANDLE ASSY (W/O POWER WINDOW)(See page 75–5)5. REMOVE FRONT DOOR LOWER FRAME BRACKET GARNISH LH (See page 75–5)6. REMOVE FRONT DOOR TRIM BOARD SUB–ASSY LH (See page 75–5)7. REMOVE OUTER REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY LH(a) Remove the 3 nuts and the rear view mirror assembly LH, and then disconnect the connector.8. INSTALL OUTER REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY LHTorque: 8.0 NVm (81 kgfVcm, 71 in.Vlbf)
'04 Shadow Monotone Base AT power pkg., + FIAMM low note horn, GM exhaust tip, GM splash guards x 4
broncodevil

Re: Need Help changing my passenger side mirror (kcorona)

Post by broncodevil »

hello, do you have your old mirrors and if so, i need one of the little blue pegs..........can you help me?
HIS & HERS VIBES!HIS - 03' SALSA TWO-TONE MOON & TUNESHERS - 04' FROSTY WHITE BASE [IMG][/dscf0205]
asagorcus

Re: Need Help changing my passenger side mirror (broncodevil)

Post by asagorcus »

I may be able to help you...but i have to accomplish my task first.Also could someone help me with removing the passenger door panel?Thanx for your quick replies!
ou.grizzly

Re: Need Help changing my passenger side mirror (asagorcus)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by asagorcus »I may be able to help you...but i have to accomplish my task first.Also could someone help me with removing the passenger door panel?Thanx for your quick replies!Refer to Cohocarl's thread on how-to-install-speakers which you were looking at earlier.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
asagorcus

Re: Need Help changing my passenger side mirror (ou.grizzly)

Post by asagorcus »

That was for the rear door panels does that apply to the front door panels as well?
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by asagorcus »That was for the rear door panels does that apply to the front door panels as well?Pretty much...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
asagorcus

Post by asagorcus »

Ok cool! Thank you for your time! I will give an update when I have succesfully replaced the mirror.
asagorcus

Post by asagorcus »

Alright everything went smoothly! Thanx for your help everyone! So yeah just follow the directions. :-P
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by asagorcus »Alright everything went smoothly! Thanx for your help everyone! So yeah just follow the directions. :-PFor the person that was inquiring about the old mirror email me at:asagorcus@gmail.comOnce again thanks for the help!Your welcome... May the force be with you.
MrsGart

Post by MrsGart »

We replaced the side mirror on the Vibe out in the driveway. The aftermarket Mirror was right around $50. and looks exactly like the 2005 Vibe original equipement. Its easy, so don't be afraid to try it yourself.