Don't the lights see the sun?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Lagonis

Don't the lights see the sun?

Post by Lagonis »

I have a big problem with my new vibe. I am not sure why nobody posted something (or at least I didn't find any). The sensor that automatically turns the lights on is on the back left corner of the consule. Problem is, it is very sensetive to shadows, and turns the lights on even in full sun, just becasue of a shadow from the car (depending on the sun's position relative to the car). This is extremely annoying and it causes me a lot of grief, I want to be able to control my lights. And why is the sensor so much to the left, it is the worst position (Look at the celica - same sensor more to the middle). In either way it is too sensetive for simple shadows. If someone has suggestions, or can at least confirm the problem so I don't feel alone here, please do.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Don't the lights see the sun? (Lagonis)

Post by NSimkins »

This topic has been discussed before in the rather large topic called "Pet Peeve?" in The Vibe Lounge. Here is a direct link to the post:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=263I do also understand your concern on the poor placement of the light sensor and find that the lights do come on during the day even if I just happen to be in a shadow or it is a cloudy day.Please be sure to use the Search feature of the forums to check to see if this topic has been discussed elsewhere.
Jack

Re: Don't the lights see the sun? (Lagonis)

Post by Jack »

I've noticed the same problem... sometimes I must really 'speed' to drive out of my obviously dark garage to avoid the lights turning on automatically. In general, I think it's a great feature--but it seems once the lights are automatically turned on, they stay on, whether or not it's dark. I'd really love to be able to be in control and have the ability to turn them off. And as far as I know, the only way to turn them off is to re-start the car.
NovaResource

Re: Don't the lights see the sun? (Jack)

Post by NovaResource »

They will shut off on their own once you drive out of the shadows. You don;t need to turn the car off.
lavalova

Re: Don't the lights see the sun? (NSimkins)

Post by lavalova »

I agree - what's the problem. It took me about a day to get used to it, but now I don't even notice.
LovaLovaLava AWD, Pwr Pkg, Moon&Tunes, 6CD changer
Jack

Re: Don't the lights see the sun? (NovaResource)

Post by Jack »

Scott, thanks for your input. Yes, the lights do shut off automatically when it's no longer dark... which means that I won't have to use the manual switch at all!