2005 Base 5sp, what can be done?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
goodmoto

2005 Base 5sp, what can be done?

Post by goodmoto »

Purchased a 2005 base 5 speed in January. Although I should point out this is all somewhat new to me, I went with the base 5 speed because from what I had read it seemed like the extra cost of the VVTL-i wasn't necessarily worth it in comparison to a supercharged VVT-i. However, now that I have the time and $$$ to put into my wheels, I've been having trouble finding aftermarket upgrades, specifically in terms of superchargers. After endless perusing through the forms with no answer one way or another, Im not quite sure what to do or think? I understand that with modification, the addition of other non-year/model specific upgrades is possible, but my main concern there would be voiding my cheeky extended warranty. The turbo systems are appealing as well, but I don't even want to imagine what that would do to the warranty. In the meantime, I've been entertaining the idea of CAI, but since Injen hasn't yet addressed such a part for the 2005 Vibes and COSMO seems to be getting mixed reviews, I'm reluctant to make a move in that direction as well. So, am I destined to sit here and wait with my fingers crossed for something to hit the market? Or should I expect to have to deal with my meek little buggy until my warranty runs out or I end up selling the car? Kind of frustrated. Really like the car, but I feel the base 5sp is definitly lacking bite. Thanks.-Brett
Mr. Poopypants

Re: 2005 Base 5sp, what can be done? (goodmoto)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Welcome!!As far as '05 parts go, they are lacking. For the '03s we had to wait a while, I would keep an eye out on here. If something comes out, we usually know about it one way or another within a week or 2.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Mavrik

Re: 2005 Base 5sp, what can be done? (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Mavrik »

cai, exhaust system and unichip that if you have any issues with the car, can simply be unplugged. Warranty claims can only be denied if proof of an aftermarket accessory caused the fault. No company can void your warranty.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Yury

Re: 2005 Base 5sp, what can be done? (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Yury »

btw, how long was the wait for 03 ?i own a 05 too, just wondering how soon might we expect the sc (provided the model year is almost over)
07 Accord SE V6.Used to own 05 Base Vibe, it was a nice car