extra backup lights

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
ullbergm

extra backup lights

Post by ullbergm »

Anyone install some extra backup lights? I keep having to roll down the window to see behind me when i back up in the dark. I guess thats what i get for having dark tint.. I was thinking about trying something like this:http://www.whitenight.com/whitenight/0004197.htmBut i may just Drill some holes in the hitch and attach some lights instead if i can find some that i like.
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
Raven

Re: extra backup lights (ullbergm)

Post by Raven »

That's a very cool looking rig, a great idea.
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

I have also thought about mounting something like this on the hitch:http://www.vlsusa.com/cgi-bin/...=TIR3Not sure if it would work good as a floodlight type light thou..
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

The whelen module (the last post) is a strobe designed to work in police cars..definitely not going to give you any usable light..The other hitch mount is a pretty cool idea...or have you thought of getting a cheap pair of foglamps to mount under the rear bumper..?
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
ullbergm

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by ullbergm »

Quote, originally posted by Jahntassa »The whelen module (the last post) is a strobe designed to work in police cars..definitely not going to give you any usable light..I was hoping that it might be ok in a steady-burn configuration, but you are probably right.Quote, originally posted by Jahntassa »The other hitch mount is a pretty cool idea...or have you thought of getting a cheap pair of foglamps to mount under the rear bumper..?I have some in a box that im going to ziptie to it to see if they are bright enough. They are some aftermarket foglams from autozone that i never got installed on my other car.
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

Sort of related, does anyone know what kind of amperage that the reverse light circuit can handle? I was hoping to not have to run power and install a relay...
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Maybe 10 amps? I don't know for sure...but the foglamps you have are most likely gonna need more pull than the stocks will..
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
ullbergm

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by ullbergm »

Quote, originally posted by Jahntassa »Maybe 10 amps? I don't know for sure...but the foglamps you have are most likely gonna need more pull than the stocks will..Probably so.. so much for being lazy..
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

Quote, originally posted by ullbergm »Anyone install some extra backup lights? I keep having to roll down the window to see behind me when i back up in the dark. I guess thats what i get for having dark tint.. I was thinking about trying something like this:http://www.whitenight.com/whitenight/0004197.htmBut i may just Drill some holes in the hitch and attach some lights instead if i can find some that i like. i think this would look awkward placed underneath the rear of the vibe...dunno...can someone photoshop a pic of it on a vibe?...lol...im also toying with ideas of how to get some additional exterior lighting for the vibe...maybe using the roof racks for side lighting....the trailer hitch idea is nice however...