Noise in the rigth side

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Fred_viber

Noise in the rigth side

Post by Fred_viber »

Does anyone have the same trouble. I heard a little sound vibration in the rigth side ... I cannot identify what is it !! Maybe the door or something near it.Can you help me ??
dlmetzger

Re: Noise in the rigth side (Fred_viber)

Post by dlmetzger »

I agree with vibedriver. I have a buzzing sound in the dash up near the defrosting vent that resonates at certain rpms and road conditions. Sometimes these things go away after panels settle in, most often they don't. I feel lucky that is the only noise. You should have heard my 2001 Blazer. Creaked and rattled like an old man.Dan
Dan2003 Vibe GT (sold back to GM, lemon law)Abyss (Mono)17" Wheels
mkl116

Re: Noise in the rigth side (dlmetzger)

Post by mkl116 »

Why should drivers settle for cars with noises!?!?!? My Honda is still tight after 4 years. Accepting questionable build quality doesn't seem to make sense.
d_m_kolb

Re: Noise in the rigth side (Fred_viber)

Post by d_m_kolb »

You shouldn't settle for a new car with noises. If it's new take it back to the deaer. If they wont fix it call Pontiacs 800 costumer sevice number and I'll bet it getting fix.
VibeVT

Re: Noise in the rigth side (d_m_kolb)

Post by VibeVT »

I agree with d_m, you are paying close to 20k for these cars (sometimes much more), there is no reason that you should have to listen to rattles or any other noises. I have an annoying rattle coming from the plexi-glass covering the speedometer, I'm not sure what they can do but I can't stand it. I know these are a whole new car and they are going to have problems but if we don't let them know about it they are not going to ever fix them.
2003 Neptune Vibe
d_m_kolb

Re: Noise in the rigth side (VibeVT)

Post by d_m_kolb »

Vibe this is kinda extreme but you could take the dash off, and then try and locate the noise and then tighten it.
Lori19

Re: Noise in the rigth side (VibeVT)

Post by Lori19 »

quote:I have an annoying rattle coming from the plexi-glass covering the speedometer, I'm not sure what they can do but I can't stand it.I just discoverd that same noise today, when I press ont he plexiglass, the noise goes away. If ya can get behind the dash, a little lo-melt hot glue would do wonders.
Lori Abyss,monotone,moon & tunes, power pkg