Gran Turismo 4 update

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I havn't run out of gas yet, but I bought a used car that needed an oil change so bad the oil light came on as soon as I crossed the start line at the 1st race I took it to....( I STILL won)
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
Mavrik

Re: (tnpartsguy)

Post by Mavrik »

well did you know changing the oil somehow increases HP? if you drive a car with the change oil light on it will actually lower engine HP and will never raise back to full HP when changed. At least GT3 was like that. I know GT4 an oil change improves HP but with the light on I don't know if it lowers it any.What used car did you buy? I have been looking for some rare old classics to enter a race with that require the car but you can't buy it anywhere. I assume win or a rare old car find...
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I bought a Nissan S15 Silvia Turbo (bright yellow, FR, decent miles, and cheaper than one without a turbo)
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Have you seen the green and yellow Buick in the Buick Classics section? Its a real car from the 03 SEMA show that judges went around that worked for GT's producers and they picked their fav car to be made in the game. Thats the car.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
dsegundo

Post by dsegundo »

how do you guys make fat cash?
Desi SegundoFlint, Michigan'04 All Silver Vibe GT (Valerie) w/ the Sport packageSony CDX-M850MP H/U, Infinity CS6000 components, Rockford Fosgate FFC65, driven by Alpine MRP-F240 and Alpine MRV-T707 rocking 2 10" Alumapro'shttp://www.classicappreciation.com
Mase

Re: (dsegundo)

Post by Mase »

Well this game has claimed its first controller . I snapped the left analog stick while running the Nurburgring course and I don't have another controller. Man that course gets crazy! This is one of the reasons why I don't buy the $100+ wheel. I get too into the movements! The nearest place that sells controllers is 40 mins away so it looks like I'll be out til the weekend. Geez I sound like a geek.
Mavrik

Re: (Mase)

Post by Mavrik »

told ya that course is insane! Though out of all the countless button mashing games I have, I have never broken an analog button off. I did break the L2 button internally playing Tiger Woods 2004 from madly spinning the ball after teeing off.For some fat cash? I look through those specific car races like the Mini Cooper cup and such. I'll see what cars are allowed, buy one, tune it up and then race. A lot of those races are championship races which get you anywhere between 5,000 to 10,000 credit a win plus a big 30,000 or so pot at the end and unless you really need the car you win, sell it.This is my other fav course I mentioned earlier.http://www.racingcircuits.net/....html
rasermon

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by rasermon »

I seen a commercial last night on CBS for GT4 for the PS2 that was for Toys R Us. The commercial had a mother coming home saying "Boys...I have the GT4 you wanted"Two boys come tearing down the stairs and the father comes running out as well. The boys stop at stare at him, so he jumps the banister and smashes a table under him. Funny as hell.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
Mavrik

Re: (rasermon)

Post by Mavrik »

that sounds like something I would do hehe.Well I reached 25% completion of GT4 yesterday. I am in no real hurry to finish it but at 25% you can begin the endurance races. I also won an Audi Nuvolari Quattro 03. Man there are some LONG races in there but you can A-spec or B-spec them. I chose B-spec to race the 200mile Mazda Laguna Seca endurance. It was 90 laps for 200,000 credits for first place. All you need is an National A license, no restrictions on car or tires. I entered with my tuned up BMW M5 and was up against a Pontiac GTO coupe 04, Shelby Series 1 supercharged 03, Chev Camaro SS 00, Dodge Viper GTS 99, and a Chev Corvette... I can't find the year but it was blue with a black square on the fender with a white stripe down the hood. The closest competition I had from them was from the Shelby but with pit stops where you can actually see your wheels get changed and the car refueled, the Shelby ended up 4 laps down. The poor Pontiac GTO... I passed that car 9 times. The race took a total of about 2+ hours to complete. Pit stops every 20 laps to change my racing hard tires and refuel. Won a Ford GT40 race car which is worth 743,749 credits if I sell it.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

and i sit at work and wonder what you do all day! oh wait! i don't "sit" at work.... so i guess i don't worry too much! lol
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

Quote, originally posted by rasermon »I seen a commercial last night on CBS for GT4 for the PS2 that was for Toys R Us. Funny as hell. Found it. Enjoy!http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Nomad666/gt.htmedit: updated link.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

I edit the URL in my post above. Can someone test it out?
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Yep, it works!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

anyone else tried nitrous yet? (removed) what a GAS!!!
tnpartsguy

Re: (damronjr)

Post by tnpartsguy »

How is your game going with the GT3 copy I sent?
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

I put nitrious on every car I buy and use it when trying to overtake or just get some distance from the pack on straight aways. I usually leave it at the settings its at when you buy and install it. One of these days I'll crank it right up to see how the car takes off hehe.One thing with the GT3 content copied over, copy the money and work on getting GOLD on your B and A... you win cars.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

i won a Sunfird prototype for passing my A license, even after I bought my GT3 stuff over....btw, what do you do with all these zero value cars? you can't race them (at least not yet) and you can't sell them (zero value)......what is everyone else doing? (I'm sitting on them so far, hoping there is a race for them later)
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

what zero value car do you have? I have that Nike car I have not tried to sell or drive yet.There are cars you can't buy, the credits show -- value. You can only win those.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Concept Cars; Suzuki Concept S2, Cadillac Cien; Mazda6 Concept; Nike Car; RX8 Concept: Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car; Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept......all have ZERO sales Value....and so far, other than the Caddy, not much use either....
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

all the concept models must not have value because the other cars you can not buy but win can be sold for loads of credit. Guess no one wants to buy a concept heh... thats all I can think of.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »How is your game going with the GT3 copy I sent?Oh, great! I haven't gotten into it too much, but I played around a little with a Vibe to see what I could do. I will probably reset it and start a new game. I pissed away most of the $$ screwing with the Vibe! Thanks again!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

As of tonight, I'm at 10.1 %, just finished up the last Beginner Race, I have 25 cars, on Day #239, and I have my ib license. 46 bronze, 5 silvers, NO Golds. $138,744. A-spec Points 837, B spec points 3397.
dsegundo

Post by dsegundo »

You guys play way more then I do...you B-spec it more? wierd..
Desi SegundoFlint, Michigan'04 All Silver Vibe GT (Valerie) w/ the Sport packageSony CDX-M850MP H/U, Infinity CS6000 components, Rockford Fosgate FFC65, driven by Alpine MRP-F240 and Alpine MRV-T707 rocking 2 10" Alumapro'shttp://www.classicappreciation.com
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

B-spec is awsome for those long races or those tough ones that have you mashing your controller against the floor heh. Actually B-spec is a lot of fun, you see the race in REPLAY angles and you can control the driver's speeds, overtake and pass other cars, and those needed pit stops on the long races in endurance. You can actually watch your tires be taken off, changed and the car refueled. Pit crew looks awsome as opposed to previous GT games were your car went into the pits, lifted off the ground, tire indicators turned blue and off you went again. Its very interactive pit stops in both A and B-spec.Currently my stats are 30.5% Complete, A-spec 347pts B-spec 5735pts with 70 machine skill, 59 course skill and 52 battle skill. 98.8% win ratio. 676miles A-spec mode 881miles B-spec mode.I just completed the Mazda cup challange RX-8 and the RX-8 championship. Won an RX-8 concept which I then used in the championship and won a very cool Mazda RX-8 Concept LM Race car'01. It can not be seen in the Madza show room, its a hidden car and its the same colour design as the Mazda 787B Race car.I also won a white and black chev camero LM Race car which you can not see in the chev show room.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Mavrik, have you done the IA16-Graduation Test??? This thing is unreal.....4 mile long straight (?) at 234 MPH......best I've done so far is right around 2:00.....
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Yup thats the same course that takes like 8 minutes to complete 1 lap with a fast car. The test is with a black BMW or is it a Benz? I forget but its an old car. The trick to that course since its rough and throws the car is try to steer as little as possible, keep it down the middle and just floor it. Not in the test itself but I got up to speeds of about 250MPH with one of my race cars.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Yup thats the same course that takes like 8 minutes to complete 1 lap with a fast car. The test is with a black BMW or is it a Benz? I forget but its an old car. The trick to that course since its rough and throws the car is try to steer as little as possible, keep it down the middle and just floor it. Not in the test itself but I got up to speeds of about 250MPH with one of my race cars.It's a Nissan GTP race car......
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »It's a Nissan GTP race car......Super License test 16 is one lap on the Nurburgring North Course with a AMG Mercedes 16 Evolution II Touring Car 92'Its black with a huge spoilers on the back.The only super license test that has a Nissan is test 12 with a Nissan Motul PITWORX Z 04'*edit*Of course my mistake was not reading correctly when you asked how the graduation test went for me. I thought you ment Super for some reason... IA test is with the Nissan R92CP Race Car 92' and takes place on Circuit De La Sarthe II which is my second fav course in the whole game other then Nurburgring which has a very long straight away, longer then Circuit de la Sarthe. wicked fun those courses. Circuit de la Sarthe is a 24 hour endurance race in GT4. If you thought the International A graduation was tough, have fun in Super License.
Devlop

Post by Devlop »

Has anyone completed any of the 24h endurance races yet? I completed the Nurburing (sp?) yesterday and am working on another right now. Gotta love the B-spec.
dsegundo

Post by dsegundo »

I'm so stuck....
Mavrik

Re: (Devlop)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Devlop »Has anyone completed any of the 24h endurance races yet? I completed the Nurburing (sp?) yesterday and am working on another right now. Gotta love the B-spec. Was it actually 24 hours to complete? Cause I don't have that kind of time even to B-spec it lol.But I have done the New York, El' Capitan, Mazda Laguna Seca, and I think I have done another one but I can't remember off hand *gasp* been a few days since I played it.How are you stuck Dse?
Devlop

Post by Devlop »

Yeah, they are really 24h. I have two completed now, only one to go. I also got the extreme events unlocked. Some of those look pretty long too. This game is gonna take forever to beat.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I did the 1000 mile race yesterday under European Events......took 7 hours in B spec mode.
dsegundo

Post by dsegundo »

well Phil,I'm stuck because I suck so I can't get enough money to enter different races or upgrade my cars. I can't get past one license test in the snow ((removed)?)
Devlop

Post by Devlop »

An easy way to make some money is to do the special events. The first couple are on pavement, so you can use any car. I think the second race gives you a nice Toyota rally car which does very well for the rest of the easy races. You'll bank pretty quickly.Too bad I can't give you money, I have about 4.5 million credits. See what happens when your gf goes up north for a week.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

As of tonight, I'm at 19.0%, just finished up the Subura Pleides Race, I have 56 cars, on Day #405, and I have my ia license. 49 bronze, 14 silvers, 1 Golds. $375,932. A-spec Points 3565, B spec points 4356.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

I bough tthis D*mn game finally lol first thingI did is went rally racing in the Vibe I have one complaint, I dunno if it's been covered but LOADING TIME BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has frozen on me like 52573857066028 times with the stupid red dial thing turning around for like 20 minutes straight before I get pissed and turn it off....thank god for the autosave or I would have burned down my entertainment center.What a great game though with awsome intro movie....They should have shown 50-cent rapping to the race and the driver of the GT-40 get out shoot him in the eye and then van halen parashoots down and continues the theme song
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Mavrik

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by Mavrik »

Well I wish I had 24 hours to sit around with this game lol. Though the car pits in automaticly if the tires wear into the red and you haven't pitted in yet. Guess just set the car to overtake and steady speed B-spec mode eh Jeff?Yeah quick money is always made by doing car spesific races or such, the championship ones are the best for that cause you win like 5000 to 10,000 credits a race plus 15,000 to 30,000 for coming in first after 5 races then sell the car you won, some worth over 700,000 credits.I also have the Super Speedway 100 lap endurance. Working on unlocking Extreme area, I believe I have the 1970 and older car races and one championship to complete to do that.And my game load time is very fast and has never frozen on me, must be something wrong with your machine there Merz. Though I'm glad there is no 50cent in there.
Devlop

Post by Devlop »

I used my Camaro LM car to win the 24hr Nubringring race. I just set it to fast, didnt even bother with the overtake. The car was fast enough and the computer knows when to pit. If I was around, I would switch to A-spec and run a few laps. I love that track.
Mavrik

Re: (Devlop)

Post by Mavrik »

Awsome so if the Camero LM can do it (I won a black and white on) on fast, then steady with my Audi R8 race car should have no problem as well. Its just the idea of walking off leaving the PS2 running for 24 hours lol. Honestly I'm sure it could handle it but I have never played something straight for that long before lol.How many laps around that awsome track did you do? Its also a 12 hour race to isn't it? Plus there is another 24 hour race on another track that holds many real events on it. Circuit de la Sartha.Its pretty cool how you can switch from A to B-spec mode when you pit in.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Wait, what's this about autopilot? I was playing in B-spec trying to figure out the numbers at the top that I was changing but my car wasnt doing anything be pacing them?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »Wait, what's this about autopilot? I was playing in B-spec trying to figure out the numbers at the top that I was changing but my car wasnt doing anything be pacing them?B-spec mode is like auto-pilot where you can tell the car what to do. Depending on your car however, results can vary. There are those 5 settings. Slow Down, Cruise, Steady, Fast and Push. There is also Pit In and Overtake. Now you can give the driver commands but they are not carried out instantly. For example if your set to PUSH when coming to a corner and then tell the guy to Slow Down right at the turn, most likely he will go flying around the corner and off the track.If your in a fast car, good handling, lots of power and beating the cars your against should not be a problem. If your in a crappy car, more then likely no matter what you tell it to do, you won't win the race. Also when set to Fast or Push, you will burn up fuel and tires pretty quickly. If your in a car thats about equal to the others... yes it will pace them for a bit. Remember to set Overtake so the driver will look for openings and pass the competition. Otherwise it tends to play bumper cars... When I B-Spec mode a race, I usually set it to Fast with Overtake so I can get ahead of the other 5 cars quickly. I then turn off Overtake and set speed to Steady. Just because the car is on auto-pilot, doesn't mean your driver is perfect.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Also on Push, your driver can slide off track, or spin out very easily.....
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Well dayum, that's alot better than sitting through the 2 hour races and otehr endurance races! That's pretty advanced! Unfortunately my PS2 is being a fascist and only working when it feels like it.I attempted to play today and finish the Muscle car cup but it froze 3 times before I even entered the race. I decided to the gut the ENTIRE PS2 and clean every chip, port, drive, and slot with a damp rag and air. There had to of been atleast 70lbs of dust and cat hair inside. Once cleaned, I figured, hey the shells off I should mod-out my PS2 like those stupid computers with neons and plexi-glass lol.So now I'm currently painting my shell red to match my Vibe's heat shield and I'm thinking about masking it off once finished and making some sweet silver designs on the side and maybe add a neon to it Still need another coat of red and a couple coats of clear then it'll be shinnin like muh 24" spinnaz.

Attached files
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I'm above 35% now, about 2mil in cash....having a blast....I posted this to remind me to do a real update soon....anyone else wanna share where they are?>
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

I'm at 38% complete. Just took a fully tuned 545HP 2003 Subaru Legacy 2.0 GT (atlantic pearl blue just like our new car) through the 5 race championship course in Subaru races and smoked the competition lol. Won a dark red WRX with the round headlights race car. Looks wicked. And on top of that, 75,000 credits for winning all 5 races and 10,000 for coming in first on all the races.I also completed a 9h endurance with my Mazda RX-8 race car that has the same colour scheme as the Mazda 787B. Basicly since I can't sit there playing for 9 hours haha, I set the race to B-spec and went to bed. by morning I had won and was still in first place. After an hour of watching it before going to bed, I was already 8 laps ahead of the second place car... no doubt after 9 hours he should have retired.Also I have been doing a few photo shots with various cars but need a portable flash drive so I can put the pics from my PS2 memory card onto my computer. Then I can show ya all some shots.
Shadow-Vibe

Post by Shadow-Vibe »

Holy Cow!! I must not have a life because I'm over 55% and can't beat the last race in professional. But after 50% you get a really cool Jaguar race car, come on guys play some more!!
Mavrik

Re: (Shadow-Vibe)

Post by Mavrik »

I was playing like every day until I got Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and I've been playing that since but now I'm back to GT4 and playing again. My main goal was to get to 30% so at least endurance was opened up. I'm doing a few races here and there in American cup races and Japan as well as specific car races. I'm sure I'll get to 50% soon enough.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

My GT4 I figured out after ripping apart my PS2 various times is internally damage. The PS2 wasn't the problem, it was hte GT4 the whole time. I though tmaybe since hte PS2 was really old adn teh game is very new that is the problem but I just bought Midnight Club 3 and that game works wonderfully...I can't find my rescipt for GT4 so I dunno if I can exchange it I'm only about 8% done with it!!
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Well I'm 39% done now, just completed the 5 race championship in the American Events section and won me a Chev Corvette Covertible (C1) '54