michigan and window tint

Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Wisconsin
daverules

michigan and window tint

Post by daverules »

do any michigan vibe owners have window tint? did you tint all of you're windows? are you worried about getting a ticket? as michigan doesn't allow any tint on the driver's or passenger window?
-dave rules
Flip-Side

Re: michigan and window tint (daverules)

Post by Flip-Side »

Oakland County will ticket you, maime you, and rape you with tint on the front side windows. Light tint can be passed over, but anything noticeably darker will get you a fat ticket.My cop was nice and watched me peel it off instead of giving a ticket....
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
yank dini

Re: michigan and window tint (Flip-Side)

Post by yank dini »

quote:Oakland County will ticket you, maime you, and rape you with tint on the front side windows. Light tint can be passed over, but anything noticeably darker will get you a fat ticket.My cop was nice and watched me peel it off instead of giving a ticket.... Thanks for the tip....I just moved out here.
mayaseye

Re: michigan and window tint (Flip-Side)

Post by mayaseye »

quote:Oakland County will ticket you, maime you, and rape you with tint on the front side windows. The rule of thumb is that if the Deputy can't see you through the window when he walks up you will probably get written a ticket....that is mostly for their safety though. They like to be able to see what's going on when they stop a car don't need any nut jobs pulling guns. And quite frankly I like Oakland County.
Vibe Gt--Neptune monotone, moons & tunes, power package, & alarm..........Grrrrrrr.........I just luv my car......
jackospades

Re: michigan and window tint (mayaseye)

Post by jackospades »

I have a friend who owns a Lancer Oz sport and he has very light tint on the front windows and he got a nice fine from a state trooper coming through Auburn Hills. I'm glad it was him and not me. I was just about to get tint also I guess I can save some money. Oakland county is not that bad I hope.
Still running smooth....... in 6th gear.War Damn Eagle!!!!Go Tigers!!!!
Frosty

Re: michigan and window tint (mayaseye)

Post by Frosty »

In Ontario we are allowed light tint on the front, but I was nabbed anyway by a very overzealous municipal officer. My back windows have been limo blacked out for the last 18 years.The few times I have been stopped I lowered all my windows front and back so the officer can see in the whole car. Anything to lower the officer's stress level can only work in your favour.
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery