Friday night drags at LACR

Discussion of LEGAL Vibe & Matrix racing events, autocross, drag racing, closed track road racing, and technical racing aspects. [Disclaimer]
Faultline

Friday night drags at LACR

Post by Faultline »

weLL I finally got down to the track at 8:40 pm to get 3 runs in before 10pm..LACR is over 2700ft elevation.it was 78 degrees outside. I have been dying to get to the track since my newest mods, a RPS clutch, Fidanza flywheel, motormount inserts, and 2.5" exhaust from turbo back, but I still have stock cats.My best run was my 1st run. I was pushing 12 psi, and I added a little c12 to the gas which is 108 octane but it was mixed with pump gas may be 1 to 4 ratio, so maybe i was running 95 octane or something, I disconected my water injection as it needs some adjusting , but I sprayed my IC with it while it ran...I dont have a camera right now, and cant use the scanner, so I will post slipps when I figure it out...You will just have to believe me ...Unfortunately, my 60 ft times are horrid!...Just ask Devlop, It is hard to launch with a Turbo on fwd, but anyway, I am pleased to have made it into the 14's! 1/4 mile was 14.943 so here it is:Reaction: .679I1 : 2.552I2 : 5.155I3 : 9.898MPH (I3): 75.213I4 : 12.557E.T : 14.943 elevation adustment: 14.495MPH : 96.886 99.792 mph.I just threw in the elevation adjustment,because the track states that these would be the times if you raced at sea level, You multiply the E.T. by .97 and the MPH by 1.03 to make elevation adjustments.It was a fun night , and I got lots of comments like "That's the fastest SUV i have everseen!"... LOL The time slip guy says "WoW! ...Who makes a Vibe? that thing is Quick!" and "Go honda Killer!!!" shouted from the stands as I cruised 20mph down the return road. Poor ol' Vtec honda, didn't have a chance!...I met up with a fellow SF kit spyder guy who ran a 13.9 , with his 1zz boosted mr-s. Those cars are aroun 2100#'s!!! and rear wheel drive and midengined. Now I just need to get better traction....I am still happy though!
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
wicked1981

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (Faultline)

Post by wicked1981 »

14's? WOW!! Thats really good. Good job loks like that setup is worth the money you paid.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
Faultline

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (wicked1981)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 »14's? WOW!! Thats really good. Good job loks like that setup is worth the money you paid. Thanks! absolutly! ... Wicked, when are you heading out to the track again?
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Faultline »Thanks! absolutly! ... Wicked, when are you heading out to the track again?Not sure I have to get with my brother and his boss so we can take the SRT-10 out there (since 18's isnt a comp for any other car there) . Ill talk to him today and maybe we can go up there soon. Ill let you know hopefully we can meet up and I can check out your ride.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
Devlop

Post by Devlop »

Wow, nice numbers Faultline. Its interesting how you have a higher top speed than my best run, yet you were .1 sec slower. Funny how that stuff works.As for elevation, fi'ed motors create they're own atmosphere, so elevation really isn't part of the equation.Good job.
Faultline

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (Devlop)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Devlop »Wow, nice numbers Faultline. Its interesting how you have a higher top speed than my best run, yet you were .1 sec slower. Funny how that stuff works.As for elevation, fi'ed motors create they're own atmosphere, so elevation really isn't part of the equation.Good job. 60ft plays a big factor on better times. Yours was .2 faster. If i matched it , My e.t. would not only be .2 faster, but atleast another .2 fast gained by the end...I know that elevation adjustments are sketchy, but Smay took his 2zz turbo celica to the beach and gained .4 e.t....I mean , look at your trak day.it was 85* outside, mine was 78*. That means the air was slightly denser for me?, or was it?I was at a higher elevation which means the air was denser for you?...When I go to the beach, I can feel the power difference at the same 8psi. That is because i am flowing more cfm at a given psi at sealevel as the air is denser....for me it also means that I run a little leaner at sealevel for more poewr as well....I just think it is awsome that you got the time you did on 8 psi!! That is great!
futseal04

Post by futseal04 »

As a rule of thumb, E.T. is a sign of launch quality, whereas MPH is a sign of power.
'04 Vibe Base'97 Buick Riviera S/C'01 Suzuki SV650S
Evanshall

Post by Evanshall »

see i fyou can get that thing dyno'd. i just wanna strait out facts what its running to the wheels, no estimates no qeusses, but damn what a nice time , especially for a "SUV" (hehe its a large hatch, but still nice comment)
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 »Not sure I have to get with my brother and his boss so we can take the SRT-10 out there (since 18's isnt a comp for any other car there) . Ill talk to him today and maybe we can go up there soon. Ill let you know hopefully we can meet up and I can check out your ride.Hey guys, I'd like to join you some time so keep me posted!
ebslopp

Post by ebslopp »

Quote, originally posted by Faultline » look at your trak day.it was 85* outside, mine was 78*. That means the air was slightly denser for me?, or was it?I was at a higher elevation which means the air was denser for you?... Actually the air temp has nothing to do with the density. If you want to check the density of the air you would use a barometer, which measures air pressure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2004 Base - TwoTone Neptune - 5 speed There are 10 types of people in life. There are those who understand binary and those who do not.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (ebslopp)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

air is more dense at low temps, thus the use of a caiheat = expandcold = contract
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
wicked1981

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (Psychobroker)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Psychobroker »Hey guys, I'd like to join you some time so keep me posted! Ill let you know when we plan on heading out there. Should be soon preferably on a Wed since its less people more runs. Not sure If I will run mine 18's is not something to feel happy about!!!
Larry

Post by Larry »

Very nice Faultline. Congrats!
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Psychobroker »Hey guys, I'd like to join you some time so keep me posted! I was told that there use to be a track that got great times down at San Pedro....to bad it is gone, 'cause you live close to there, and I would like to race at sea level some time!...I will let you know when I am going back to LACR, I kinda want to solve my traction issues befor I go...I would love to see your car though, and watch it kill a honda!
Faultline

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (Larry)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Larry »Very nice Faultline. Congrats!
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

hey I will probably go down there next Friday on the 13th. Not sure yet but most likely.
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 »hey I will probably go down there next Friday on the 13th. Not sure yet but most likely.hmmm...friday the 13th...anyone superstitious?? let me know, I am coaching soccer now , and practices on wed, and friday..but If I know you are going, I might get their a little late!..
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Yep the plan is to go on Friday the 13th unless something krazy happens. Not sure on the time but I will talk to my bro and friend and figure out what time we will head out there. I will let you know. I think Psychobroker was interersted also maybe he could join us.
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

I'd love to join you guys sometime, but this Friday night's booked
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Psychobroker »I'd love to join you guys sometime, but this Friday night's booked Unbooke it!!!!! j/k Ill try to take some pics if I remember to brng camera.
MadBill

Post by MadBill »

Speaking of times, I just read the Lotus Elise test in the August Road & Track. At a svelte 1950 lb., its 190 HP 2ZZ engine hustles it down the track in 13.4 @ 101.4! (along with 0-60 in 4.7, using an 8,000 RPM drop-clutch launch to keep it in lift) Guess it would be pretty tough to strip a Vibe down that light without a cutting torch...
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

We will be at the track for sure. Are you going to be able to make it Faultine? I posted on MO.com so maybe we can get some Trixes to show up...
Smokin' Rubber

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (MadBill)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Quote, originally posted by MadBill » Guess it would be pretty tough to strip a Vibe down that light without a cutting torch... Hehe very true MB altho I think I could seriously reduce the weight of our car.... altho I have to say the inside wouldn't be very pretty lol Only things left in the car would be the driver seat, steering column with gauges, and the air bags on the driver side (as well as all the other necessary stuff but without the pretty molding and dash type covings) so it would look rather.... bare.... inside hehe but at least it would be alot lighter
wicked1981

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (Smokin' Rubber)

Post by wicked1981 »

You still coming up Faultline?
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 »You still coming up Faultline?MY apologies. I cant make it tonight. ....lnext time.
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

No prob. I e-mailed you. Cant make it either. Maybe next time Psychobroker can join us.
Dezz1

Post by Dezz1 »

You Honda Killer You. lol. Here in NC, I have been to the tracks several times and still have not ran against anyone. Most of them boys up there are running V-8's, and I'm no fool. However, there is one V-8 cat I believe I can get if I can get off the line quick enough and not mismanage my second and third gear. He does not drive too well. Maybe I can earn my first V-8 track stripe on him. If I can do this, those V-8 boys would not have anything but respect for my ride. Any suggestions?
Even Free isn't Free, Someone has to pay for it. Check Out My Vibehttp://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/571609
wicked1981

Re: Friday night drags at LACR (Dezz1)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by Dezz1 »You Honda Killer You. lol. Here in NC, I have been to the tracks several times and still have not ran against anyone. Most of them boys up there are running V-8's, and I'm no fool. Here they have 5 lanes 2 for imports, 2 for domestics and 1 for highly moded cars/bikes. You always run against someone. Even though I have domestic I would get my a** handed to me racing domestics since there is Camaros, Mustangs, Trans Ams and so on so I go to the imports line to race hondas and other slower cars. Last time I went the guy that is in charge of the lines (he picks the next pair to go to the line) looks at me and comes to my window (I was on domestics cause line was shorter and was racing my bros grand prix) and says hey man you are on the wrong line!!!! You need to be on the other line this is for domestics. I dont think he knew it was a Pontiac maybe he thought it was a Hoda Si or something else.