Vibe sightings in Canadian Maritimes?

Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland
canadave

Vibe sightings in Canadian Maritimes?

Post by canadave »

Weirdest thing. In and around Liverpool NS, the small town where I live, I see a fair number of Vibes. There's a couple different red ones, a blue one I see a lot, a few others. I've been on the lookout for them, and I see them around town not too infrequently.

Well, I've now made two trips on Highway 103 back and forth to Halifax--300km round trip, twice. Went past LOTS of cars, obviously, coming in the opposite direction. Out of curiosity, I decided to see how many Vibes I could spot. I had a good look at all the ones that went past, for most of the trip (wife drove, I spotted). I did not see ONE Vibe.

Even allowing for the fact that I might've missed one somehow due to them going in the opposite direction at highway speed, I still found this very hard to fathom. I had a good look--the Vibe isn't too hard to spot once you see the Pontiac badge on the front coming at you. I saw a number of Torrents, a number of other Pontiac cars, even a few Matrixes. Not a single Vibe.

Felt lonely! :)
2009 base Vibe, silver"
mjowen

Re: Vibe sightings in Canadian Maritimes?

Post by mjowen »

I see quite a few around town here too, weird you didn't see any on the highway, be even more strange if it was in the city where you didn't see any.
- 2005 Base Neptune
- Cosmo Racing short ram intake
- Kenwood Double DIN HU
canadave

Post by canadave »

Yep, didn't see any in Halifax itself either--although I wasn't looking quite as assiduously once we got in the city, because at that point I took over driving. I think I still would've noticed one there, though, if it had gone right by us.

The thing that made it even odder was that this was a nice weather weekend, and there were LOTS of cars headed back into Halifax after a weekend outside the city camping, kayaking, canoeing, etc. You'd think the Vibe, a perfect type of vehicle for those sorts of activities, would be plentiful (as opposed to, say, seeing lots of Smart cars--which btw I didn't see any of either, now that I think of it).
2009 base Vibe, silver"
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

there are quite a few running around the kentville area, just where i work there are 3 of us with the vibe, i still think we should try to see if it is possible to get a little meet and greet with the vibes on here in the maritimes, not sure how far any of you would be willing to travel or where half way for all would be but maybe we should figure that out and see if it is at all possible.
canadave

Post by canadave »

lol...are the three other VIbe owners at your workplace on genvibe too? ;) If not, put a flyer on their windshield or something! hehe

I'll be honest...I've never been a huge car guy, so I have no idea what goes on at these "meet and greets". I don't know a thing about it. But I guess I'd be willing to attend one if it wasn't TOO far. What are the criteria for a meeting spot, other than being somewhat centrally located? Would we be looking for a place with natural beauty? a big parking lot? developed area? I'm totally new to all this :)
2009 base Vibe, silver"
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

well seeing as there is only 4 or so posting in the maritimes i don't think we will need a big parking lot, i was more thinking get together, talk about the vibes, trade tips and how to's, i am always out for drives on the weekends so it would be no problem to stop somewhere for a few hours and chat about the cars, guess we just need to know who might be interested first then take it from there.
mjowen

Post by mjowen »

Im down for anywheres not too far also, Im not sure where would be best, Truros kind of in the middle of the province but way closer to me than anyone else.
- 2005 Base Neptune
- Kenwood Double DIN HU
canadave

Post by canadave »

Well, if we were going to do it, I suppose Halifax would be the most centralest place and most logical destination. We could do our meet and greet and then get our big box store shopping done afterward ;) lol
2009 base Vibe, silver"
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

halifax works for me, i am free just about any weekend just need to figure out time and date for this
mjowen

Post by mjowen »

Halifax can work for me too, just depends when it is.
- 2005 Base Neptune
- Kenwood Double DIN HU
canadave

Post by canadave »

The very best date for me would be Sunday September 29. My wife is flying back from Alberta and arriving in the evening, so I could come to Halifax and spend the day, then pop up to the airport to pick her up.

Second option for me would be sometime between September 19 and 29, since she'd be away, and I'd have "her" car all to myself ;)

But if you all want to meet earlier, or have alternative ideas, I can work around it I'd bet.
2009 base Vibe, silver"
07cdnvibe

Post by 07cdnvibe »

anyone interested in revisiting this idea of getting together and checking out the other cars?