Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit

Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah
AmericanPrideMC

Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit

Post by AmericanPrideMC »

Hey you Cali people! I have found someone to make a custom body kit for the Vibe. The only thing is, I need someone that is willing to give up their car for about 2 weeks or so. The company making the kit is in Walnut, CA 91780. If anyone is close to there and willing to give up their car to be used please let me know ASAP. Thanks.Miranda04 Vibe, 2 10" Kicker Comp, High Intesity Driving/Fog Lights
wicked1981

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (AmericanPrideMC)

Post by wicked1981 »

Well Im about 2 hours from this place. Would I get it free, discount, full price???? Any other details?
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
AmericanPrideMC

I just got off the phone with them, they said that they can do it different ways, u can either let them use the car for like 2 weeks and they will take all the bumpers off and give it back to you, or you can leave it with them for like a month or more so that way they can make sure everything fits right and what not. He also said that the owner of the Vibe they use will not have to pay for the kit.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well i'll check these guys out and see if they are legit. don't want to end up like my hood last summer! so how much we talking here? i see in the other thread most of their pricing is about $500-550. would it be the same? and what about shipping??
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AmericanPrideMC

They said the kit would be $675 and shipping would depend on where your at. Please check them out in person though, see if they are legit and what not, and let me know.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, since i live in AK, it would be very diff to go in person. LOL. but i'll try and do some searching myself and see if anyone knows anything about these guys.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
russ257

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (trdvibe)

Post by russ257 »

someone please do this it would be sweet
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
dsegundo

Post by dsegundo »

The front end going to look like the autocross? I'm going to cry if it is.
Desi SegundoFlint, Michigan'04 All Silver Vibe GT (Valerie) w/ the Sport packageSony CDX-M850MP H/U, Infinity CS6000 components, Rockford Fosgate FFC65, driven by Alpine MRP-F240 and Alpine MRV-T707 rocking 2 10" Alumapro'shttp://www.classicappreciation.com
ballrub

Post by ballrub »

Well...I own a Vibe, and live in Whittier (about 10 miles form their shop),l and I might be interested but...I want a say in the design!I used to design ground effects kits for Xenon in the 80's, and now am associate publisher for Speed, Style & Sound magazine, which has Part 1 of my project Vibe in the July`04 issue (should be hitting newsstands this week!). For a view of the un-edited version in the magazine, you can see the car as a feature here: http://www.speed-society.com/f...x.php .If they want to contact me (I work out of my home), they can e-mail me at: sbelanger@speedstylesound.com, or call me at 562-902-1077.Steve
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
wicked1981

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (ballrub)

Post by wicked1981 »

Thats great man I wanted to do this but work with no car for 2 weeks is almost impossible..
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
Psychobroker

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (wicked1981)

Post by Psychobroker »

I would do this, and I'd give them 100% creative freedom I'll let them do their stuff then call me when it's done...how can I get ahold of them?
wicked1981

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (Psychobroker)

Post by wicked1981 »

So are we still up for this?
ballrub

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (wicked1981)

Post by ballrub »

Well...it's been a month, and nobody contacted me, so I went and put on the factory kit! I'll post some pic's later!
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

they never got back to you? doesn't sound very legit...look forward to seeing pics!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ballrub

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (trdvibe)

Post by ballrub »

Well....here's a sneak peek...
ALi3N

Post by ALi3N »

wait... that is the OEM kit? i could swear it looks different than that.
ALi3N aka Dj ViP3RThere is a force through the euphoric beat causing uncontrolablemovement of your body, I am that force. Take a journey beyond the limits of your mind.'Download Mixes:http://shlrm.org/DjViP3R/http://www.myspace.com/djvip3r Latest Mixes: 'Nightlife' & 'M0Ti0N -X-'Pimpin' Abyss Vibe GT w/ Nav
wicked1981

Re: Vibe Needed for Custom Body Kit (ALi3N)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by ALi3N »wait... that is the OEM kit? i could swear it looks different than that.Except for the hood its all OEM.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

did anyone ever contact these guys or do this? i wouldn't mind doing it, but as said above, i would want a say in how it will end up looking. also, i know the size difference, but do you think a set of 255/35/zr20's will fit on a vibe without rubbing? i already have the rims from another vehicle i traded in, and as far as i know you can put 19's on one, but i'm not sure if the 20's will fit. i have to get adapters or i would have already tried it. they look like they will fit when set up against the car.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
ballrub

Re: (damronjr)

Post by ballrub »

Nobody has come through with this company pertaining to a bodykit, but there is another company that has, and it will be ready sometime in November...(see this thread: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=12308 )Regarding the 20" wheels? I'm not sure they will fit. If your car has been lowered, then I would guess probably not. And...you would need to stick with a 255 or 245/30/zr20 to maintain the same rolling diameter of your stock tire/wheel combination, otherwise you will through off your speedodometer (and navigation if you have one). Plus, the offset would have to be correct as well, and you mentioned that this conversion would require "adaptors", which might change the offset to the point where you will have serious fitment issues!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

yeah, that is what I was thinking, but it would be so hard to get rid of these rims in order to get new 19's that I thought maybe these would work. It is stock height. The rims are Boss 308, 20x8.5 I'm not sure how to find out what the offset is or how it matches up to the Vibe's. The adapters are 1" thick. maybe you could let me know how to figure this out?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

I found out that the offset is +10. I'm not sure how that applies to the size of the tire or the fit, but I guess I plan to try it. if it works it will be the first Vibe with 20's that I have ever seen! If not, it will just be a loss of a couple hundred bucks.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Also, the rims are 40lbs. That may play a factor as well, at least for speed and acceleration.
ballrub

Re: (damronjr)

Post by ballrub »

The rims by themselves weigh 40-lbs? Holy Cow!!!!!! That much weight could be a real problem with our little cars! When you add a tire to that, you'll probably be looking at close 70-lbs each tire/wheel combo!!!! You might never get it into top gear again!!!!!!! Your acceleration will go to hell, and it should greatly affect your gas mileage too (in a very bad way!!)If your serious about putting a bigger wheel/tire combo on, I'm getting ready to sell my 19"x8" Axis Spiders, for only $600, which inlcudes the Bridgestone S-03's (two definitely need to be replaced--almost bald, but two of the tires still have several thousand miles left.)(Plus..tire and wheel weigh only 43-lbs). I was planning on posting with pictures in the "For Sale" forum this weekend (they are pictured on my car on the first page of this thread!) Send me an I/M if you're interested!Steve
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Yeah, I have decided against the 20's. As for the Spiders, I don't really like the design, but thanks for the offer. I am looking to get some 19's. I have been searching on Ebay and plan to check some local places out tomorrow. Do you know exactly what specs will fit with the 19's? I also want to drop it a couple of inches, so I know that may affect those specs as well. I have like $2k to spend, and I want to do as much as I can (i.e. rims and tires, drop kit, dual exhaust, tint, etc..) I was thinking Tein S-tech springs, some 19x8.5 rims with tires, tint from TJ, and dual exhaust. What did that hood run you? I sort of like it, at least in the pics of yours, but I was waiting for something a little more aggressive to come out. It seems like nothing is coming out very quickly for these though! The body kit and SC offered by the dealer are way too much for me, and as above, I was waiting for something a little different anyways. Thanks for your insight.