New Owner... as of tomorrow

Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah
cvd6262

New Owner... as of tomorrow

Post by cvd6262 »

Well, my wife and I finally did it. Bought a 2004 Vibe auto w/ power package. We're located in Provo, Ut, and we'll be putting this thing through the ringer the next few years.We looked at the Civic, Corolla, Sentra, Ion, Matrix, and saw an add featuring the Pontiac incentives, so we went to check it out on our way to buy the Saturn. We test drove a black manual vibe, which had great low-end torque, but, once over 50, it felt like the automatic Civic I test drove.We were just about to go buy the Ion still when the manager of the place (Harmon's Pontiac) came to speak with us and asked what I didn't like about the car (or is it a truck?). I was frank and told him I didn't feel the power I want on the highway. He, wisely and without pressure, ask me if I would like to try an auto.I guess it's just that every car I've ever driven with an auto has been weak, but I decided I had nothing to loose but twenty minutes, so I agreed. This time, the salesman stayed at the dealership while my wife and my two-year-old son, pulled out.I felt like the auto was a lot smoother in stop and go and when we got to the freeway I cranked the AC all the way up, and purposely lagged behind the old Ford Probe in front of us so I could really give it the gun. I was impressed. I guess the auto must be geared higher than the manny because I hit 65 with no problem, then hit the cruise, accelerated to pass, passed again, and then exited.To top it off, the stick we had come to see was black (which shows dirt easily), and we wanted a silver, the color of the automatic.Harmon's gave us a great deal, only adding the price of the automatic transmission to the discounted prive of the advertized stick, so we basically got the power package for free.Anyway, if not for my insurance office closing before we closed the deal (took the 0%APR over the $2000, but also took the "Conquest" $1000), I would have the Vibe now, but I'll have to pick it up tomorrow. Now I'm browsing what info is online, and found this site.One question I have: I noticed in the pdf of the owners manual an overdrive button on the auto shifter. Is that standard? That would make since why the auto seemed so responsive at higher speeds and smoother at lower speeds. I would be surprised if that is standard on a car in this price range.--jeremyPS - What made us want to test drive the Vibe was just sitting in it. After all the compact sedans we drove, the seats felt like a lazy boy. I'm short, but the seat height adjuster fixed that too.
scherry2

Re: New Owner... as of tomorrow (cvd6262)

Post by scherry2 »

Welcome to Genvibe and enjoy your stay. yes overdrive is standard. you'll love it.
MailGuy!

Post by MailGuy! »

Congrats man! You will not regret getting this car. I've had mine for 7 months and love it more and more. It is everything I need a car to be.
Reynoma

Post by Reynoma »

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.
Philippians 2:11
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Congratulations!!! Welcome.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake