Mazda Rev It up Report

Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah
kaybeejay

Mazda Rev It up Report

Post by kaybeejay »

Place: Old Alameda Naval Base RunwayDate: March 6th.Key points:
  • RX-8 test drive line was really long.
  • The Mazda3 is very comparable to the Matrix/Vibe in handling and performance. I was more impressed with the feel and interior than I have been with any Vibe/Matrix. I think its a winner!
  • This was my first try at Autocrossing and I have alot to learn. The instructors briefed us on all the "common mistakes", and I managed to committ every single one.
  • I didn't hit a single cone all day
  • Parking lot was full of WRX's, RX-8's, a group of Lotus Espirts, alot of BMW M3's, and other Misc cars. I didn't see any riced out Civics or Integras (good sign that only serious drivers were there).
Sunday is the last day. You can sign up on the spot and get in and test drive the RX-8 (among others). Just walk in and sign up.[/list]
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
kaybeejay

Mazda Rev It up Report

Post by kaybeejay »

Place: Old Alameda Naval Base RunwayDate: March 6th.Key points:RX-8 test drive line was really long.The Mazda3 is very comparable to the Matrix/Vibe in handling and performance. I was more impressed with the feel and interior than I have been with any Vibe/Matrix. I think its a winner!This was my first try at Autocrossing and I have alot to learn. The instructors briefed us on all the "common mistakes", and I managed to committ every single one.I didn't hit a single cone all dayParking lot was full of WRX's, RX-8's, a group of Lotus Espirts, alot of BMW M3's, and other Misc cars. I didn't see any riced out Civics or Integras (good sign that only serious drivers were there).Sunday is the last day. You can sign up on the spot and get in and test drive the RX-8 (among others). Just walk in and sign up.[/list]
2003 Shadow Vibe GT and 2001 Nissan Xterra 4x4
kaybeejay

Re: Mazda Rev It up Report (kaybeejay)

Post by kaybeejay »

IT was a beautiful day too!(Picture)http://community.webshots.com/...SWZFpIts in Alameda. (The same place they filmed the highway chase scene in the Matrix movie) http://www.mazdarevitup.com $40 to compete in the Autox. Free to just hang out and test drive cars. by the way, all the cars I drove today had a ODO reading of about 300-600 miles. I heard that this morning, they each had zero miles, right off the truck. (or something like that).... man, they aren't even broken in yet......I feel sorry for whoever ends up with those cars after they sell them on ebay. On one of my practice runs, the car I was driving started to smell bad. Like a burned clutch. Those cars got really abused today.
redlava

Re: Mazda Rev It up Report (silverawd26)

Post by redlava »

I have been toying with the idea of going to the one in Chicago with a couple of friends of mine. Might as well though. One of my friends went to the one in DC last year with the Mazda 6's, and he said it was really fun.
wicked1981

Re: Mazda Rev It up Report (kaybeejay)

Post by wicked1981 »

Hey anyone attending the one this weeekend here in Irvine CA??? Im thinking about it but not sure..
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake