Az Vibers, I need some advice...

Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah
MailGuy!

Az Vibers, I need some advice...

Post by MailGuy! »

What kind of window shades and what size do you guys use for the front window? With the brutal hell of the AZ summer coming I'd like to do my best to protect the dash.Please let me know.
Big_Red

Re: Az Vibers, I need some advice... (MailGuy!)

Post by Big_Red »

Quote, originally posted by MailGuy! »What kind of window shades and what size do you guys use for the front window? With the brutal hell of the AZ summer coming I'd like to do my best to protect the dash.Please let me know.I use Mother's to protect the dash. and just one of those silver relfective sun shades for when I park the car outside. Other than that, I really don't do much else (but then I don't think the summer in Ontario is the same as in Arizona.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Haven't found a single, reflective, accordian folded style that fits the windsheild. I like these kind because they are kinda thick and provide a little insulation too. For now I just have a pair of the twist-to-fold reflective nylon ones.Oh-yea and a Dash Matt.Hey did you buy that from Peoria Pontiac? There was one down there the other day that my daughter thought looked "really cool".
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
MailGuy!

Re: (JohnC)

Post by MailGuy! »

Damn. I really wanted the acordian kind too. I used one on my old Cavalier but the window was much smaller than the Vibe so it won't work. I got the Vibe at Pitre in Scottsdale. It's at 60 something st. and McDowell. I orchestrated the sale over the internet and fell in Love when I first saw it in person. I hadn't seen a fusion in person before and when I spotted it I was blown away. Had to have it.
MailGuy!

Re: Az Vibers, I need some advice... (Big_Red)

Post by MailGuy! »

Quote, originally posted by Big_Red »I use Mother's to protect the dash. and just one of those silver relfective sun shades for when I park the car outside. Other than that, I really don't do much else (but then I don't think the summer in Ontario is the same as in Arizona.Thanks Man. The sun is brutal here. I've been using the non shiny Armoral protectant on it but in Az you have to have something mirror like to reflect the heat. Do you know the size shade you got?
Psychobroker

Post by Psychobroker »

I use a pair of magic shades here in CA. They work fairly well and cost me ~$10 at Target. You can try one of those "custom fit" ones on eBay for ~$35. Not sure how good they are.
MailGuy!

Re: Az Vibers, I need some advice... (Psychobroker)

Post by MailGuy! »

Thanks man I'll check that out.
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

I used the same one that I had for my Civic.....so as long as it fits any size car it should work just fine.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
AzFusionGT

Re: Az Vibers, I need some advice... (Big_Red)

Post by AzFusionGT »

Rock on for the Fusion! I've only seen two others like mine; glad to know there's three. I use the mirror shade from Target. For the most part it fits fine. Also, get a Dash Mat. Works like a charm.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry -