Low cost mechanic in San Diego?

Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah
magind

Low cost mechanic in San Diego?

Post by magind »

My girl went over a curb last week in her vibe. I think we need a lower control arm, ball something or other, and maybe a new transmission fluid pan. I was laid off 2 weeks ago and we've both been going through some very difficult times. Can someone please recommend someone to help us? We cant afford to have no car, and I just need to run ok again.Cost would be my main concern, I know its a dumb move to shop for mechs by price, but Im so desperate Thanks for any help guys,Mario
damronjr

Re: Low cost mechanic in San Diego? (magind)

Post by damronjr »

Sorry to hear that, but I don't have any advice or know of any good, cheap places around here. Welcome to the site though, fellow San Diegan!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
CCD

Post by CCD »

Ouch! I feel you man.Sounds like you need to break out the tools and DIY it. Alignment will need to be done at a shop though. Safety first, Remember the JACKSTANDS!
2003 base
magind

Re: (CCD)

Post by magind »

Quote, originally posted by CCD »Ouch! I feel you man.Sounds like you need to break out the tools and DIY it. Alignment will need to be done at a shop though. Safety first, Remember the JACKSTANDS!Unfortunately, I have ZERO tech skills. Is there any way I could pay for someone's time to check it out for me?
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

magind, I'll keep a look out for you, sorry to here about your trouble. Have you checked the wrecking yard's yet for part's and price? Can't promis anything but will try to help another Viber out.... nuvibe
nuvibe

Post by nuvibe »

By the way, what kind of work do you do maybe I can keep a look out for something out there for you.... nuvibe
magind

Post by magind »

The hit is righ ton the drivers side tire. It even broke the wheel . A frame guy said the frame was ok, but the bumper is torn, the hood is bent, the driver heardlight is broken, the ball joint thing needs replacement and the tranny fluid pan was nicked.