Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, North & South Carolina
joatmon

hurricane season again

Post by joatmon »

starting off with a bang, Bonnie and Charleygood luck down there
Mr. Poopypants

Re: hurricane season again (joatmon)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Thank god I live inland. I would love to be in a hurricane though. I think it would be amazing. I also want to tornado chase, of course I'm a weather geek and that explains that.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
slbpsi63

Re: hurricane season again (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by slbpsi63 »

you wanna come down and help me hold my roof on my house. LOL
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Mr. Poopypants

Re: hurricane season again (slbpsi63)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I was waiting for that. lol best of luck down there with the storms on their way.
Fialchar

Post by Fialchar »

I just got done helping my dad load up the jet ski and boat so the hurricanes won't blow them away. Living in a beachhouse in Pensacola does have it's downsides
MoonDogg

Post by MoonDogg »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Thank god I live inland. I would love to be in a hurricane though. I think it would be amazing. I also want to tornado chase, of course I'm a weather geek and that explains that.Well only a weather nut would want to go through a hurricane. I stayed for Andrew 92'... and it was definatly amazing.. we went out side during the eye pass over and it was unreal the damage.. and that was just half the worse came later... Friends we knew that worked on boats clocked the wind speeds over 250mph cause that's when there wind gauge's broke!! I stayed for the last two Cat1 and TS's that came.. but I don't think I would stay for anouther Cat5!!! Oh BTW good luck to yall in FL.. Were still watching the twin storms too... cause they said Andrew was'nt comming here either.. but we all know what happened there.. If you need to board up.. check out http://www.plylox.com
2004 Vibe GT Fusion OrangeOptions: M&T, Monotone Paint, 35% TintMods: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X659 HU, Orion CS200.4 amp, Kicker Comp VR 10" sub, Megan Racing STB, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, brass shifter bushing, underbody orange neon's.
MoonDogg

Re: hurricane season again (MoonDogg)

Post by MoonDogg »

Check out the picuture belowe... the hole in the center ( the eye ) that is were Andrew made Land fall in St. Mary Parish.. that is were I live.. and that was two days after my 12th birthday.... http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrad2.gif
2004 Vibe GT Fusion OrangeOptions: M&T, Monotone Paint, 35% TintMods: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X659 HU, Orion CS200.4 amp, Kicker Comp VR 10" sub, Megan Racing STB, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, brass shifter bushing, underbody orange neon's.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Be careful down there!!
Mr. Poopypants

Re: hurricane season again (Salsa!)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

The winds have gone up 25 MPH TODAY ALONE!!
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

just great....I'm taking next week off to finish painting my house (around the power lines) and I have 2 hurricanes to deal with. I'll never be able to get the power company to come and turn my power off (he, he...it'll already be off). And good luck to me getting a generator to rent for a couple of days. Oh well, back to the monsoons.
slbpsi63

Re: hurricane season again (maxx4me)

Post by slbpsi63 »

Hey guys!!! We we are prepeared for the worst and hoping for the best. We are poised for a direct hit from the eye. I doubt I will be able to log on for a few days, We are expecting power outages for 2-7 days, and damages in the billions. This storm is hiting one of the most vulnerable cities http://www.weather.com/activit...=1027 in the Gulf Coast and we are as ready as we can be, but the hurricane always wins, we know that. Just keep us in your prayers. I will be one this forum as soon as I can get power and a phone line. To give you an idea of how things are right now, we have evacuated @ 600K people. This is the largest peace time evacuation in US history ( according the a local radio station) The storm will be hitting its highest intensity @ 8:30-9:00 pm, so It will be dark when the power goes and we won't be able to see anything as it happens. Thus making an already scary situation even worse. We live about 15-20 miles inland so we won't get coastal flooding, but we will get a pounding and we should get 100-110 mph winds. The coast will get the full Cat 3 winds of 120-130 mph. I'll be back soon and I will let you know how it went, the news tends to blow things out of proportion.
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

Good luck to you.I found this site while looking at some amateur radio stuff:http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TRO....htmla ... w.hwn.org/
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Best of luck and be careful.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

HOLY CRAP!! Category 4, I hope everyone is evacuating, you don't mess with 145 MPH winds.
Fialchar

Post by Fialchar »

I don't think we're evacuating. My dad said if it gets bad we'll all hop in the van and take off for up north somewhere.
jcarvibegt

Post by jcarvibegt »

Hey everyone. I haven't been on in awhile b/c i was working at a summer camp in lake wales. So of course, as soon as i get out of camp and go to orlando to visit my aunt, we get a Cat 4 hurricane. And the eye is supposed to pass right over altamonte springs in couple of hours or so. So wish us good luck. Thank God I have a Vibe! The power converter should come in handy when the power goes out.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jcarvibegt03 Pontiac Vibe GT AbyssSony Xplod MP3 Head unitCrunch Drive Series SE-200 AmpRockford Fosgate P2 Punch 12" Sub WooferXenon headlights and Fog LightsGrafxwerks overlay
joatmon

Re: hurricane season again (jcarvibegt)

Post by joatmon »

definitely, good luck! Can see coverage of damage on TV, looks like FL is getting hammered. let us know how you fare when you can
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

This morning has been bitter sweet. Tampa dodged a major bullet, but Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda Got nailed hard! I just got off the phone with my boss, I work ofr a roofing supply dist., we have 12 branches throughout the state. We are sending all inventory to our Ft. Myers, Winter Haven, Lakeland, and Orlando Branches. Our Melbourne and Daytona Beach sites are placing emergency supply orders to our manufactures to help get product available to hard hit areas so we can help people with roof damage get back on their feet a little faster. Oye Juan, I hope everything is ok with your Family in Orlando, You guys still got nailed with a soft Cat 2. I feel bad that is where most of Tampa evacuees ran to. So far there are 15 deaths and @ 16 billions dollars in damage. I was expecting a higher death rate especially when the shelter in Desoto county lost its roof and side wall during the storm with 1200 people inside. Those people were touched by the hand of God to survive for 2 hours of hurricane force winds in a partially collapsed strucutre!!!!!!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

glad you're ok. I heard about that shelter Any word from any of the other FL genvibers yet?
jcarvibegt

Post by jcarvibegt »

Hey guys. Thanks for your concern. My family and I are doing ok. My Aunts house is on the west side of I-4 by the 436 and most of the damage was on the east side of I-4. We got very lucky! There was still lots of debris everywhere. But at least we had power and water the whole time. Can't say the same for the rest of orlando, deland, daytona, etc.. Many many people are with out power. It sucks the big one to be without power for days! Trust me, It happened to me after Andrew. 2 1/2 weeks without power! I'm helping out my aunt by staying in Jacksonville for a few day with a friend. That way the rest of my family and some of her friends could crash with her, since they have no power. Please pray for those that were in the storms path. They are in for a hard time.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jcarvibegt03 Pontiac Vibe GT AbyssSony Xplod MP3 Head unitCrunch Drive Series SE-200 AmpRockford Fosgate P2 Punch 12" Sub WooferXenon headlights and Fog LightsGrafxwerks overlay
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Yep. All of you people down in the south watch your (removed), this one is going to be a little worse.
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

This ones gonna be a cat 5 no boubt about it. Its not even moving 20 mph yet and its winds are alreat 140+. If this ones stays on course, us and Louisiana are gonna get F'ed up!!! WE'll get the cat 5 the'll get a weak cat 2 unless it strengthens when it hits the gulf. I think I'm movin, LOL
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

WOW!You think this will make it to Cat. 5?
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

HEY FLORIDA!!! um.........duck!I saw a report last night about an older couple who plan on riding out the storm, they live on the beach east of Orlando. You have to be retarded!
slbpsi63

Re: hurricane season again (silverawd26)

Post by slbpsi63 »

I'm starting to get the feeling that God is putting one big X on us. Charlie and now Frances. Do we have a kick me sign on our back? Polk( Lakeland and Lakes Whales) and Orange (Orlando, Kissimmie) counties are right in the middle of this thing AGAIN. To be honest this one is huge Most of the state is going to get F'ed up. Can we crash at one of your houses for the weekend? I'll bring some BBQ food.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Maybe God is expressing an opinion on what you all did last election year There's a Toronto meet this weekend, can you say "road trip"?seriously though, take care of yourselves and let us know how you're doing when you can
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

UHOH! Looks like it's going to cross FLA and get back into warm water.
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

Live cam feed from Volusia County.http://www.realacom.com/beachcam.asx
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
Mr. Poopypants

Re: hurricane season again (rasermon)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

looks a little rainy
rasermon

Post by rasermon »

The rain just started 45 mins ago.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
slbpsi63

Re: hurricane season again (rasermon)

Post by slbpsi63 »

Ok that was freaking crazy. WE got belted for 3 days with 45+ mph winds and gusts up to 65+ mph. We are one of a few areas that did not loose power. I have minor damage to my house, but nothing I can't fix myself. This stomr took its sweet time. Florida got its first rain fall from Frances on Wednesday. The pan handle is getting it now. Keep in mind just because it wasn't a hurricane when it was on the west coast that doesn't mean damage was not done. 45-65 mph winds will still destroy mobile homes and topple 100+ year old oaks. I'm thankful that a huge trough of High pressure cam in and weekend this storm and stopped it from forming back into a category 3. Unfortunately it also stalled the storm over the Bahamas. That country got hammered. Now all my freinds are joking that I'm in the carribean coming for all of us. That is my worst fear right now. A hurricane named after me making landfall here. WE don't need any more hurricanes !!!!!
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Good to hear that you fared well in this storm, I heard there was some major damage down there. It looks like we here in western PA will be getting a (removed)-load of rain in the next few days. JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GO OUTSIDE!! It probably goes without saying by now, watch out and take care of yourselves down there. This one is painting a bullseye on Florida too.
jcarvibegt

Post by jcarvibegt »

Ok If Ivan comes this way, i'm LEAVING. I've had it with all these hurricanes that wait until the weekend to get here. Ruin all my plans, then i'm trapped in the house with all my family for days!!!! First charely then frances and now Ivan. Someone put me out of my missery! Being serious now thou. We were very lucky that we had power and no damage. I pray for those who were less fortunate! - JC
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

I got my materials last night to board up my house, now If I can only find TAPCON screws so I can bolt them in!!! ARGHHHHH I am getting the hell out for dodge for this one. There are only so many times you can say "we will be ok" without doubting yourself. I'm not playng chicken anymore with a hurricane. I have learned my lesson.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

sucker's got 160 mph winds? Damn!
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

This morning when they dropped the machinery that reads the wind speed into the strom it recorded a couple of wind gusts reaching 210 mph!!! If my house gets a wind gust at 150 mph its history!!! Jamaica RUN NOW!!!!!! This isn't a hurricane it a freaking restart button. God doesn't like what we've done with Florida, Jamaica, and Cuba so wants us to start over. Its like playing 52 card pick up with our houses, cars, cities and stuff.
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

For your amusement:I just gor this e-mail.Dear Ivan: Hey, how's it going out there near Jamaica? Listen, lots of us here in Florida have been talking about yourscheduled visit. Now, please don't take this the wrong way. We like spectacular forces ofnature as well as the next guy. We realize that Florida and hurricanesgo together like country music and drunken driving. We don't want tomess with tradition. And we know you hurricanes recharge the aquifers, provide anexhilarating break in the stifling heat of late summer, and giveneighbors a chance to bond. The economic boost you give to Home Depotalone is enough to make up for whatever inconvenience is to be expected.So normally you would be as welcome as a gang of Harley riders duringBike Week. But may I say that this year the timing of your tentatively scheduledarrival seems less than ideal. You know that visitors start to wear out their welcome after a few days.And too many visitors in a row can also wear down a host and hostess.That, I'm sorry to say, is pretty much the position we Floridians findourselves in just now. Your cousin Charley blew through a few weeks ago and, to be blunt, hewas less than mannerly. He zoomed in like a hyperactive toddler,leaving the proverbial path of destruction, except that it was noproverb. And then he was gone without so much as a see-ya-later. Charley was a leave-wet-towels-on-the-floor, never-pick-up-a-tab kind ofguest. He inspired some grumbling, and picking up after him has been areal chore. You should have seen Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Arcadiaand Wauchula. At least Charley didn't stay long. But just when we were starting toget things almost back to normal, Frances sauntered in. I don't mean to be crass, but she was HUGE. When she hung around thestate, she hung around the state, you know what I mean? And you know how some guests just don't leave? That's Frances. Evenwhen we were looking at our watches and yawning and singing "The Party'sOver" she just stayed and stayed. Some of us who hadn't really rolled out the red carpet for Charleydecided to prepare a lot more for Frances, and maybe we just tiredourselves out. And then she stalled and arrived late, which is alwaysirritating. She wasn't as wild as Charley, I'll admit. Those rumors about Francespossibly becoming a Category 5 turned out to be overblown hype. But shejust sort of oozed through. I went to bed Sunday night and woke upthinking she'd be long gone at last, but she was still here Mondaymorning! So a lot of us here are thinking that enough is enough for one year.Actually, the experience of almost back-to-back hurricanes has somepeople talking about canceling hurricane season entirely. Don't worry. Floridians won't go that far. But we may consider movinghurricane season to a nicer time of year. I know hurricanes like it hot,but doing without air conditioning would be a lot nicer in November, ormaybe March, so as not to interfere with football season. I mean, did you see where Frances actually caused the postponement of aGator football game? People will put up with a lot, but let's bereasonable here. Some are saying we should limit the number of hurricanes allowed intoFlorida in one year. There might be some debate about whether the limitshould be one or two, but there is wide agreement that three is toomany. So, Ivan, here's the point: Florida's famous hospitality is pretty muchtapped out just now. Our enthusiasm for big winds and rains, and for TVreporters gushing forth with excited descriptions of it all, has boggeddown like a riding lawnmower in the swamp that used to be my back yard. As I said, it is nothing personal, Ivan, but what would you say tomaking alternate travel plans? I understand that Bermuda is lovely this time of year, and Mexico hasn'thad a visit lately. Heck, even Texas ain't so bad for a few days. Kindest regards,Richard Wilson, Principal
joatmon

Re: Hurricanes (rasermon)

Post by joatmon »

the longer this one keeps heading WNW, the better off hjwii is for not getting his Vibe yet, as the projected path keeps moving west towards norleans.good for slbpsi63, projected path is swinging further west of Tampa than it had been.Keep seeing footage on TV of people in Florida scrambling to buy plywood. You'd think they'd still have the plywood they bought for the last couple of hurricanes.
pwarren4

Re: Hurricanes (Salsa!)

Post by pwarren4 »

Awesome eh?
P Warren, Columbia, TN, USA Traded my 03 Satellite Monotone Vibe "Slick" for a 05 Satellite Monotone Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner "Freak" in May '08
joatmon

Re: hurricane season again

Post by joatmon »

This time last year it was Bonnie and Charley. This year it's already up to Irene (which currently has dropped below TS), but the typical peak of the season is still a month or two away.Could be a bad year for them. Are you Floridians (and anyone else in the usual target areas) ready?
joatmon

one more for the record

Post by joatmon »

This must be the year of the gulf hurricane.Current TS Wilma ties the 1933 record of most named storms in a single season. any more after this will break the record and also will be named with Greek letters.I thought Hurricane Alpha sounded pretty evil, but it will be the end of the world when Hurricane Omega hits
ZubenElGenubi

Re: one more for the record (joatmon)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

OT, but I think this qualifies as the w i d e s t thread.
joatmon

Re: one more for the record (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »OT, but I think this qualifies as the w i d e s t thread.really, that is a wide pic. Only thing to do is post enough to get to the next page Wilma was at one poiunt the strongest atlantic hurricane ever measured. Now it's down to only 160 mph winds.You Floridians better be getting ready for this one

Attached files
joatmon

Re: one more for the record (again)

Post by joatmon »

Zeta? December 30? Somebody forgot to turn off the hurricane machine

Attached files