Best place to take Vibe for service/maintenance?

Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, North & South Carolina
03VIBEswfl

Best place to take Vibe for service/maintenance?

Post by 03VIBEswfl »

Hey all-

As the username implies, I'm in Southwest Florida. Have a 2003 Vibe that I went to get fixed/serviced (driver side window, one of the door handles came off, tune up, oil change, etc.). I don't have a regular mechanic I go to and have been wondering both about GM dealerships and some of those national chains that do repair/service.

Do the Gm dealerships still service Pontiacs? Any suggestions in general as to where to take it?

Thanks
jake75

Re: Best place to take Vibe for service/maintenance?

Post by jake75 »

GM dealers most definitely service Vibes - my former Pontiac dealer, now a Chevy dealer, takes are of my 2009. The Buick dealer who took over the Pontiac/GMC franchise from my selling dealer shortly before Pontiac was discontinued also wants my business. But it might make sense to take a 2003 to a Toyota dealer - or an independent. Sometimes I think I ought to sell my 2009 while the getting out is good.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Any "non-warranty" issues on my 2009 Vibe that I can't handle, will be handled by my good friend Mr.Dave. He owns Ottawa Park automotive here in Toledo and went to high school with me in the mid 70's. We take care of each other where possible. So basically, if you have a local independent garage whom you know & trust, then allow them to be your repair garage when the need arises :)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
03VIBEswfl

Post by 03VIBEswfl »

Thanks y'all. Oh, and any idea if that whole driver window recall thing is still valid? Just a couple weeks ago my window came out of the track and almost dropped into the door...