GA Vibe wreck

Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, North & South Carolina
joatmon

GA Vibe wreck

Post by joatmon »

Noithing drastic, but had a wrecked vibe pic.http://www.romenewswire.com/in...child/Quote »Wreck On 53 Causes Minor Injury To ChildBy RomeNewswire • on May 14, 2009A 23-month-old girl received a minor burn to her neck from the seatbelt during a two-vehicle crash on Ga. 53 Thursday afternoon.According to Cpl. Greg Beck of the Floyd County Police Department: A red Pontiac Vibe driven by Terry Simmons of Rome was attempting to cross the southbound lane of 53 onto West Hermitage Road when he struck a white Dodge Neon driven by Chelsea Shuler of Rome.Beck said another truck was blocking Simmons’ view of the Neon in the outside lane.“He couldn’t really see,” he said.The impact to the rear driver’s side of the Neon spun the car around until it came to rest in the median. The Vibe then struck the stop sign on West Hermitage, knocking it to the ground and bending the street sign.There was one other passenger in the Vibe and two others in the Neon and the only injury was a minor burn on the neck of 23-month-old Alyssa, who was riding in the backseat of Shuler’s car.No citations were issued as a result of the wreck and only one southbound of 53 was blocked while responders cleared the scene.

Attached files
VforVIBE

Re: GA Vibe wreck (joatmon)

Post by VforVIBE »

My question is, how does a 23 month old baby get a seat belt burn in, I'm guessing, a car seat?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
ou.grizzly

Re: GA Vibe wreck (VforVIBE)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »My question is, how does a 23 month old baby get a seat belt burn in, I'm guessing, a car seat? Improper car sear use...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
bodhi_tree777

Re: GA Vibe wreck (VforVIBE)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »My question is, how does a 23 month old baby get a seat belt burn in, I'm guessing, a car seat? I could see that, if they got rocked side to side or spun around. Most car seats have a harness that sends a seat belt strap up over each shoulder, on either side of the neck. That could definitely cause a burn. Another good example of the Vibe holding up pretty well in a crash.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
ehoff121

Re: GA Vibe wreck (joatmon)

Post by ehoff121 »

The guy is lucky he didn't get a citation.“He couldn’t really see.”He shouldn't really have attempted the turn. IMHO, after looking at google maps StreetView, the Vibe driver was at fault. But the Vibe can take a hit!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum