Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe

Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, North & South Carolina
joatmon

Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe

Post by joatmon »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/...CrashQuote »Officer Critical after Crash on Beaver Street10:49 AM, Apr 21, 2011JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A Jacksonville police officer in critical condition following a serious accident involving his patrol car on the Westside was not wearing a seat belt.Jacksonville Sheriff Office Deputy Terry A. Thiem, 45, employed with JSO since Sept. 2004, was ejected from his vehicle following a crash that shut down the intersection of King and Beaver streets around 7:30 a.m.Police said the officer was responding to a burglary call, and was westbound on Beaver Street with his lights and sirens on when he was struck by a Pontiac Grand Prix driven by Katrina Bobbitt, 30, of Jacksonville. Bobbitt, who had a 5-year-old girl in the car, was attempting to turn left on Beaver from Line Street. Both are okay.That impact pushed Thiem's patrol car into the path of another vehicle, a Pontiac Vibe, driven by 34-year-old Danny Jones, who was heading east on Beaver. "The officer was ejected out onto the roadway and sustained critical injuries," said Lt. Bill Leeper with Florida Highway Patrol.Thiem's vehicle spun twice. The crash report shows he was not wearing a seatbelt.A total of three cars were involved in this crash, and seven people, including the officer and five teenagers, have been taken to the hospital.The five teens, ages 13 and 14, sustained only minor injuries, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. They were in the vehicle with Jones. He was taken to Shands Jacksonville with serious injuries.Bobbitt will face charges, according to FHP, for not yielding the right of way at the intersection.King Street and Beaver Street were closed for several hours as investigators worked the scene, but were reopened shortly after 11 a.m.an adult and five teenagers in a vibe?

Attached files
star_deceiver

Re: Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe (joatmon)

Post by star_deceiver »

Crammed 4 in the back seat! They're lucky that it wasn't worse for them... (like seatbeltless Johnny law )
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
DressedInBlack

Re: Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe (star_deceiver)

Post by DressedInBlack »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Crammed 4 in the back seat! They're lucky that it wasn't worse for them... (like seatbeltless Johnny law )yeah i wonder if he will get a "click it or ticket" ticket.
http://
06pvibe

Re: Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe (DressedInBlack)

Post by 06pvibe »

I wish my wife would get caught w/o wearing hers.She gave me such cr*p when I got a speeding ticket shortly after buying the Mazda (I didn't even realizing I was speeding. New car syndrome,) yet she refuses to wear a seat belt!!!She will just not listen to reason. :thumbsdown:
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
VforVIBE

Re: Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe

Post by VforVIBE »

Looks like my old Vibe :cry:
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
trb

Re: Jacksonville wreck injures all six in the Vibe (DressedI

Post by trb »

06pvibe wrote:I wish my wife would get caught w/o wearing hers.She gave me such cr*p when I got a speeding ticket shortly after buying the Mazda (I didn't even realizing I was speeding. New car syndrome,) yet she refuses to wear a seat belt!!!She will just not listen to reason. :thumbsdown:
Tell her you are getting a huge insurance policy on her so that when an accident happens, at least you will have something to show for it. :shock:

Even if you are the best driver in the world, and are extremely careful, someone can still crash into you like that Vibe driver, even while you are stopped. I hope she comes around.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
OcalaFlGuy

Post by OcalaFlGuy »

When I was wading through about 150 reviews on Cars.com for Vibes, I ran into some lady who was getting a newer one to replace her's that had
been T-boned by a Hummer. All 4 inside the Vibe walked away. The Vibe was dead right there. (DRT)

I was astounded on Cars.com at all the, "Best car I ever owned", "Giving our Vibe to our kid, we're getting a newer one", "Trading my 03 in for a newer one"
from reviewers.

I am getting MY Vibe because some eedeeit careened The F right off a 4 lane road at 45 deg and plowed into the side of the parked Mighty Mercitania (Grand
Marquis) smitting it a mighty smite. The Mercitania is still driving though she's listing hard to port. :)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
jake75

Post by jake75 »

"A Jacksonville police officer in critical condition following a serious accident involving his patrol car on the Westside was not wearing a seat belt."
So he should get a ticket. The Vibe was an innocent 3rd party - was not the one who caused the accident.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."