Assuming the FNG title

Arkansas, Alabama, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Texas
tfiedler

Assuming the FNG title

Post by tfiedler »

Well, I guess John is off the hook as the new guy...I live in Independence and traded my 2001 Mustang convertible in on a 2004 Matrix XRS last Saturday. I just got back from a road trip to eastern Iowa for my 15 year class reunion and I've got to say that the Matrix XRS is an awesome ride. I'm sure it'd beat the Mustang I had, even with the air conditioning on and it seems like there's some room for improvement with aftermarket modifications. Anyway, it's cosmic blue and will have a hitch-mounted bike rack on it most of the time.My first modifications was a hidden hitch so I could mount my bike rack...My next modifications will be:(1) As soon as TRD gets the CAI available for the 2004 I'll be adding that. (2) I have got to get either a new headunit or find some way of piping my iPod into the stereo via an adapter. I was able to get an adapter for the Mach460 unit in the Mustang that gave me 2 RCA inputs. Is there such a beast for the AC/Delco unit in the Matrix?(3) Window tinting... can anyone in KC recommend a good place?-Todd
Geo

Re: Assuming the FNG title (tfiedler)

Post by Geo »

Welcome to GenVibe :DOk first off ... what kind of bike(s) do you ride? Also, as of right now there is no way to put a direct connection to the stock head unit for an iPod (I've been looking for a way to do this for months, no dice) So a replacement headunit is the only way to go, unless you want to go with an FM transmitter. Have fun modding your Trix, and don't forget to post pics
BADGER PRIDE
tfiedler

Re: Assuming the FNG title (Geo)

Post by tfiedler »

I have a giant boulder, nothing fancy. I spend most of my time on trails like the little blue trace. My wife and I are planing to ride the Katy this fall so we're trying to ride 20 or so a day at least 4 times a week. I figure if I get laid off from Sprint (likely) then that will give me something to do for a week!I checked with the Toyota dealer this morning about using the aux button and he said basically that same thing. I've sent emails to the people at PIE and one other place but also a no go. I'm either going to replace the HU or go the fm modulation route. I've been thinking about an iTrip but they are so darn hard to get a hold of right now that I've put that off too.I looked at one of the black face sony's but I am leaning toward a Kenwood unit that has a selectable color display where one of the colors will match the red that's already present.I've got to convince my wife first
illusion

Re: Assuming the FNG title (tfiedler)

Post by illusion »

Glad to see i'm not the only one around here whose head is under Sprint's axe
-jkhttp://360.yahoo.com/illusion1
philndz

Re: Assuming the FNG title (illusion)

Post by philndz »

on a side note....its really good to see more Missouri Vibes on here!keep em comin!-Phil
2003 Shadow Vibe Base 5spd - 53,000 MilesFlowmaster 60 series exhaust - Short Ram Intake SystemKonig Kaliber 17x7 Rims w/ 225-45-17 Kumho Ecsta 711's - Hotchkis Springs - Progress Rear anti-sway Bar My Vibe is FOR SALE: $8900
tfiedler

Re: Assuming the FNG title (illusion)

Post by tfiedler »

Nope, you aren't the only one... I just wish the axe would fall. I've had absolutely NOTHING to do for over a month and it's getting old.