Seattle impressions

Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming
joatmon

Seattle impressions

Post by joatmon »

I did a quick visit to Seattle last weekend, and it was a lot different from around here.Did a bunch of driving and saw only one Vibe, in passing. There were thousands of PT cruisers though, everywhere I looked there was another one. Place was crawling with them. An infestation. What's up with that?You all must really like your coffee. Every quarter mile there was another little drive up expresso shop. Maybe if they sold bigger cups you could go a little farther down the road before you needed another one. All those coffee shops, and never a public restroom. You'd think with all those coffee shops the people would be really wired, but everyone seemed to take the speed limits seriously. Here on the east coast a speed limit is a minimum if you don't want to get rear ended by a semi. Out there, running up and down 5 and 405, speed limit 60 was like a speed that people just might try to get up to one of these days, but 50 was pretty nice, if you're in a hurry. I don't want to hear about how rainy it is out there. Rain for your all is what we on the east coast call "humidity" a little drizzle here and there. I've got a tropical storm's remnandts blowing over me tonight, supposed to get 6 inches of rain between noon and midnight, when you can do that out there then you can call it "rain".highlight of the trip was taking the ferry across the sound and getting out into the national forest. Beautiful country. worst part was the freakishly long lines to get through the ariport on the way home
Smokin' Rubber

Re: Seattle impressions (joatmon)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Lol yeah I dunno why people think it rains so much here, I mean its kinda overcast alot during the winter but it rains less than Florida and NY so its kind of a bogus image. As for the coffee stands, I've been living here 18+ years and I still have yet to figure that one out.Well I'd say on the freeway depending on the time of day, how heavy traffic is, and where it is people will drive anywhere between 60 and 75 but most people keep it under 70. Driving from downtown at around 3 or 9 you get alot of freeway races which is fun usually end up getting to 120 then slow down. I dunno about infestation of PT cruisers but there are alot even tho they are ugly as hell and freakishly slow. And yeah lines at the airport are almost always crappy hehe
iinan

Re: Seattle impressions (joatmon)

Post by iinan »

I agree , i hardly ever see a vibe here, but on my drive from tacoma to seattle everyday, i see a dozen or more pt cruisers, it just makes me sick 2004 GT* magna flow* CAI soon
2004 GTMagnaflow/Cosmo CAI/TRD Strut brace/Hotchkis springs20-15 tint/Unichip/18 Konig "trouble" wheelshttp://members.cardomain.com/iinan
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well we were just there over easter weekend. it rained of course. lol. i used to live in tacoma area and lacey growing up. all the relatives (mostly) are there. my folks just sold there house and plan to move back there (more than likely). now the entire rest of the family, my brothers, grandma, aunt and uncle, parents, etc are doing their best to convince me we want to move down.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS