Idaho cop rear ended by Viber

Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming
joatmon

Idaho cop rear ended by Viber

Post by joatmon »

http://www.localnews8.com/Glob...554_2Quote »(also, news report video at source web site)Trooper Rear Ended on I-15Updated: June 14, 2009 06:46 PMBy Hailey Higgins, Local News 8 ReporterIDAHO FALLS - Just a month after Idaho State Troopers made a serious effort to enforce the Move Over Law, an Idaho State patrol car is rear ended on I-15 near Exit 113, south of Idaho Falls Sunday.Troopers said the Idaho State Trooper had the vehicle's lights on and was out removing tire debris when he was hit by a Pontiac Vibe.Witnesses said a car didn't slow down before it rear ended the troopers car. Idaho State Police said the driver took his eyes off the road when he hit the patrol vehicle.The Pontiac rolled after stricking the patrol car. The officer was outside of the vehicle when it was hit.Both the trooper and the driver were walking around, but the driver told witnesses he thought broke his collarbone.Both cars looked like a total loss. Traffic was backed up for half a mile.This accident could possibly have been avoided if the driver slowed down and pulled over when he saw the trooper on the side of the road. Weather and alcohol were not a factor in the crash.http://www.kidk.com/news/local/48068802.htmlQuote » BONNEVILLE COUNTY - An accident Sunday afternoon takes out an ISP patrol car, but luckily the officer wasn't inside at the time.26-year-old Chad Opela of Farmington, New Mexico was driving on Interstate 15 but took his eyes off the road. That's when he hit the patrol car parked on the side. Opela's Pontiac rolled after rear-ending the patrol car.Senior Trooper Pete Sibus was parked in the left lane to remove some tire debris and had his lights on. Sibus was uninjured.Opela was wearing his seatbelt and was treated and released at the scene. Weather and alcohol are not believed to be a part of the accident.[/quoate]http://www.kpvi.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... uote]Idaho State Police Car HitPosted: June 14, 2009 08:11 PMAccording to the Idaho State Police, a patrol car was hit this morning near Idaho Falls by an driver from New Mexico.The State Police report says Senior Trooper Sibus was parked along I-15 picking up debris from the road when his Dodge Charger was struck from behind by Chad Opela's 2009 Pontiac Vibe.The troopers vehicle was running and had lights going along with the yellow arrow stick directing traffic to the opposite side of the road. Senior Trooper Sibus was not in the charger when it was hit and was not injured.Opela told officers that he had taken his eyes off the road momentarily when he struck the ISP car. His car rolled and the Vibe's airbags were deployed and he was wearing his seatbelt. Opela suffered minor injuries and was treated and released the scene of the crash.Because a trooper with the ISP was involved, they asked the Bingham County Sheriffs Office to investigate the accident. This is standard procedure in this kind of accident to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.Idaho cop, New Mexico Viber, which regional forum to put it in? Northwest got because there are fewer threads here

Attached files
bull77

Post by bull77 »

wow -- he walked away with a minor injury after rear ending at speed and rolling!!buy a lotty ticket
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Oops. Not his best day.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
ehoff121

Re: Idaho cop rear ended by Viber (joatmon)

Post by ehoff121 »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Opela was wearing his seatbelt and was treated and released at the scene.One of the main reasons I bought a Vibe; the car can take a hit.
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
NUBlackshirts

Re: (bull77)

Post by NUBlackshirts »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »wow -- he walked away with a minor injury after rear ending at speed and rolling!!buy a lotty ticket I don't think his luck was that good...he did rear-end a COP after all!
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
Baltovibe

Re: Idaho cop rear ended by Viber (joatmon)

Post by Baltovibe »

My eyesight must be going ... I originally thought the title said "Idaho cop rear ended by Viper" and was expecting to hear details of a gory hi-speed collision.
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

He'll have fun when he gets his new car and has to pay sky high insurance rates. And having every single one of his friends ask him how he missed big blue and red flashing lights on a straight strech of road!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)