Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
Kari

Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat

Post by Kari »

Just to keep the chatter out of the RSVP thread.... Is anyone else coming in Friday night? I will be because I don't want to get up at 5 am. I'm staying Friday and Saturday night, so if anyone wants to go out to eat or whatever Friday evening, I'm good for that. Also, as I usually take pictures like a madman at any sort of event, I'd like to ask that those who don't want their license plate number in my pictures (which will end up online) bring a piece of paper or posterboard to cover it up with, so we don't all have to photoshop them all out from 50 or 60 pictures.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I'm coming to Ohio friday, but stopping by nick's on the way in to HOPEFULLY install my springs finally!I'll be coming to columbus saturday morning with him.Saturday night I stay in Columbus...and we party!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ColonelPanic

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (Kari)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Rats... I got a wedding invitation from the ex-girlfriend the other day. We're actually still pretty good friends... Come to find out, she's getting hitched on the same day as the Ohio meet. Oh my,how she's gonna be ticked off when she finds out I chose the Vibe over her! Only thing I'm certain about at this time is I'll definitely be there! I don't know if I could come up Friday night, I work 12 hour shifts and won't get to leave work until 7 PM on Friday evening. I would be pretty tired, probably wouldn't get into town until 2 AM or so. I can take off work if needed, that wouldn't be a problem. But, my friend that's coming with me may not be able to take off.So, more than likely, it looks like we'll be heading out super early on Saturday morning. What time does the party start, anyway?Don't worry about the pics, get as many of my car as you want... I've got the plate issue taken care of.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
ragingfish

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (ColonelPanic)

Post by ragingfish »

I wonder if I can weasel some of those pontiac plates they use at car shows to replace mine...:thinks evil thoughts:
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ColonelPanic

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (ragingfish)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I wonder if I can weasel some of those pontiac plates they use at car shows to replace mine...:thinks evil thoughts:Would be worth a try... Free stuff is good!I actually thought about making a plate for the car... I came close to buying a plain chrome or stainless plate and ordering the Pontiac and Vibe emblems like what is on the hatch... Stick the emblems on there, and viola - custom Vibe plate. That was gonna cost too much money though.

Image Image
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

The more I think about it, the more I've convinced myself that i need roll into town Friday evening. I'll be leaving here around 6 or so, when my friend gets back from work. From there, straight to Columbus, which will probably be 4.5 hours from his place.Probably a better idea than trying to get up waaaaay early on Saturday and driving up. So, I'll get a room for 2 nights somewhere...

Image Image
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »So, I'll get a room for 2 nights somewhere...If so, check out this place:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=11241 ** Deemed official by ragingfish.
ragingfish

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (NSimkins)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »If so, check out this place:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=11241 ** Deemed official by ragingfish. Yesh -- stay there, we'll have a mini-party the night of the meet.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I will most likely come up Friday night, be there around 9:00
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

looks like im not gonna make it. my bank account got drained the last month and i won't have the funds to go.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »looks like im not gonna make it. my bank account got drained the last month and i won't have the funds to go. BOOOOOOOO
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

trust me, i want to go in the worst way, but i got hit w/about $2k in bills last month (insurance payments for 6 mos. are paid 3 consecutive mos. + $320 for quarter window + roughly $300 misc. stuff on credit card)the hotel/gas are what is stopping me
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Understandable, I was just messing with ya.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

>
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Can we get a rough estimate of who will be up Friday night and when?? It would be easier to plan something for Friday if we know who will be there.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

OH, now that I think of it, does anyone have a small dent puller they can bring to the Ohio meet. I have 2 small dings in the hatch that have been bugging the crap out of me??? I'll buy you a drink if you bring one (and are of age).
satur9

Post by satur9 »

who wants to help me install motor mounts.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
ragingfish

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat (satur9)

Post by ragingfish »

If you wanna do it at the meet Saturday I'll gladly help, but I wouldn't have the first clue how to do it...Friday night though Nick and I are installing springs on my car...

2009 PONTIAC G8
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by satur9 »who wants to help me install motor mounts.I don't know what all is involved in installing new mounts in the Vibe but I will help as best I can.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'll be up there Friday, but I'm leaving in the morning so I'll be there in the afternoon, hopefully before 4 or 5.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

OK lets keep track of who will be there Friday.1. Mr. Poopypants Fri. 7-9PM2. Kari Fri. 4-5PM3. Col. Panic Fri. 10PM-12AM4. 5.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Yesh -- stay there, we'll have a mini-party the night of the meet. Nice hotel. I booked my room! woohoo I'm all geeked.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yep, I'll be there too.

Image Image
ColonelPanic

Re: Ohio Rally-Goers General Chat

Post by ColonelPanic »

One week to go! Time to start planning...Anyone local to the area know where the nearest car wash is?

Image Image
satur9

Post by satur9 »

there is one right one the corner of the street of the dealership.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

So are Kari and I the only 2 showing up Friday night?
Kari

Post by Kari »

A touchless or a regular car wash? I'm on the lookout for a LaserTouch...LOLMy car is almost ready for her first big rally. She looks all awesome waxed, like she just rolled off the showroom floor. Now if I can just keep the pine needles out of the newly-vacuumed floor board.Anyone else coming Friday besides the two of us? I'm shooting for mid-afternoon arrival, so I'll probably be there way before everybody else. But hey, I have a Wifi laptop...entertainment.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »A touchless or a regular car wash? I'm on the lookout for a LaserTouch...LOLIndeed. I want one that has the blow dryer thingy as well. ;-)Quote »Anyone else coming Friday besides the two of us? I'm shooting for mid-afternoon arrival, so I'll probably be there way before everybody else. But hey, I have a Wifi laptop...entertainment. I am, but... I don't think we'll be in town until 10 PM at the earliest - probably looking at somewhere around midnight, to be more realistic.

Image Image
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

So where is everyone staying? I am staying at the hotel suggested by Mike (ragingfish)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I'm crashing at the same place... Looks nice enough, and wasn't too expensive...

Image Image
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I was happy with the price! I even got the AAA discount, which made it that much sweeter. And there is a free High Speed Internet Connection in each room. WOOHOO bringing the laptop.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I was in Columbus last summer and paid around $100 a night for a room. So yeah, I'm happy with the price too. Bringing the laptop as well... I won't know what to do with all that speed, considering I'm just on dial-up here. lol

Image Image
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »And there is a free High Speed Internet Connection in each room. WOOHOO bringing the laptop.Whenever I pick lodging anywhere anymore, I make it first priority to have a pool, and second priority to have high speed.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kari

Post by Kari »

Well, since I'll be there first...when you all get there, the Neptune 2-tone base will be mine.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Whenever I pick lodging anywhere anymore, I make it first priority to have a pool, and second priority to have high speed.WOA, I didn't notice the pool. SWEET!!
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

I may stop by the hotel w/ you folks after the rally and hang out whenever you get there but cannot stay as I'm leaving for vacation the next day. Weather looks like it will turn out nice Saturday so let's hope it stays that way! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Ok, my current PLAN is to have lots to show you guys:* windshield-mounted XM* HID* remote controlled HID* fogs wired independently of main lightsDepending on when the dealer gets my car back to me, that last one may not happen in time. We shall see though!

2009 PONTIAC G8
msmyer

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by msmyer »

I will be there saturday morning...
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Mr. Poopypants

Re: (msmyer)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

What time is last call in Ohio Bars??
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

The Vibe has a fresh dose of Mobil1 and is getting a bath today, ALMOST ready for the meet.Again, does anyone have a dent puller? I have 2 dings that are dorking me off.
msmyer

Re: (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by msmyer »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »What time is last call in Ohio Bars??2 am

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Again, does anyone have a dent puller? I have 2 dings that are dorking me off.I think I do...Lemme look for it. I'll let you know.

Mr. Poopypants

Re: (msmyer)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

OK, same as PA. If you bring the dent puller, I owe you a drink or 2.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I have two dings, too, although they're much less noticable now that the centers aren't white.
GenVibe Global Moderator
freestyle

for sale

Post by freestyle »

i have two exhaust i'll be bringing anyone interested let me know one is a dual exhaust with no mufflers and the other is a fart cannon-Kevin FreeStyle Vibe GT
my modsDUAL EXHAUST PILLAR GADGESTWO TONE LEATHER SEATS TINTRIMS COLD AIR INTAKEFULL TRUNK SOUND SYSTEM HOOD SCOOPADJUSTABLE COIL OVERS 2.5'' CUSTOM SPOILER
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

If folks here have not gotten me their info yet, PLEASE DO SO TOMORROW!!!Once I go to bed tomorrow night, I'm NOT checking my e-mail before I leave on friday -- so get me your info by 10 PM EST tomorrow (Thursday) oitherwise you'll be banished to a blank!!!!

2009 PONTIAC G8
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Ok, my current PLAN is to have lots to show you guys:* windshield-mounted XM* HID* remote controlled HID* fogs wired independently of main lightsDepending on when the dealer gets my car back to me, that last one may not happen in time. We shall see though!I have it all ready to go!My new HIDs are in, controllable via remote, and I have sucessfully wired my fog lights to be controlled independent of any other lighting! WOOO!

2009 PONTIAC G8
Kari

Post by Kari »

So what's our big group party on Saturday night going to consist of? Where are we going? Any ideas?
GenVibe Global Moderator
ColonelPanic

Re:

Post by ColonelPanic »

Woah... Just realized that many of us will be hitting the road on Friday the 13th.... See you guys sometime Saturday, if not tomorrow night! Have a safe trip, everyone!

Image Image
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

You do the same!!!