US - Northeast, where is everyone?

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
NSimkins
Global Moderator

US - Northeast, where is everyone?

Post by NSimkins »

I've noticed this area has been idle ever since its inception.Are there any GenVibe members or visitors (join and start posting if so! ) from Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont?We would love you hear from you.
ragingfish

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (NSimkins)

Post by ragingfish »

We used to have one or two MA members...come on guys, that's a big (removed) state! Where are y'all!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Fialchar

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (ragingfish)

Post by Fialchar »

I used to live in Greenwich, CT before moving a few times and ending up in Florida, does that count?
wmassdino

Post by wmassdino »

Hi guys,Well i just picked up my vibe. Looks like Im all alone here. Mine is the new Fusion Orange Color new for 2004.
Dino
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: (wmassdino)

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by wmassdino »Hi guys,Well i just picked up my vibe. Looks like Im all alone here. Mine is the new Fusion Orange Color new for 2004.Awesome, someone from MA - welcome to GenVibe! Hope you stick around with us!
Fialchar

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by Fialchar »

NSimkins, you're from Ohio? *Shudders* I got my first ticket in Ohio for doing like, 4 over the speed limit.
spideymike1

Post by spideymike1 »

Actually, I'm from MA too - I just never posted here because I didn't think anyone else was around! Welcome Wmassdino and it looks like we have the same great taste in Vibe colors! LOL...
~~~~~~~~~~~2004 FusionAutomatic16" AlloyMoons & TunesSport ExhustPower Options
RIT

Home

Post by RIT »

Schenectady NY
wmassdino

Re: (spideymike1)

Post by wmassdino »

Hey Man,Howdy Nieghboor....Yeh I really like the Fusion too.
Dino
spideymike1

Post by spideymike1 »

ya know it's funny, I live near Boston - I assume you are out in Western MA? Anyway, the dealer I bought the car from told me the fusion was the only one for miles - I kinda believed him thinking, gee, i haven't seen any others....maybe I'm just driving on the wrong side of the state to see them?? lol...
wmassdino

Post by wmassdino »

Hey.. Yeh Im in western mass.... (berkshires) .There are a lot of Salsa vbes at the local dealers here. I got one of the 2 Fusions out here I knew about. The other one sounds like yours with an Automatic.Dino
Dino
spideymike1

Post by spideymike1 »

I see only the grey or the white around here and I have never really seen more than say 7 on a lot at any one time. I love the fact that mine is really the only one I have seen. Anyway, good luck with yours.
mkedz

Post by mkedz »

out here in wmass also, feeding hills(part of agawam). lovely six flag traffic in the summer. have a 04 vibe base. have seen quite a few vibes in spfld, mass. where did you buy yours?
spideymike1

Re: (mkedz)

Post by spideymike1 »

i bought mine from David Ferraz in Woburn MA - he has a few dealerships in the northshore area of boston...he's pretty fair as far as price goes - Mine is the 3rd Vibe my family bought off him...
wmassdino

Re: (mkedz)

Post by wmassdino »

Hey Mike,I got mine at Bob Pion in Chicopee. They had what I wanted the fusion orange with a 5 speed. I went to ORR but they wouldn't locate me one with a stick, and told me I wouldnt find one. Gm Buy power website helped me find this one at Bob Pion
Dino
spideymike1

Post by spideymike1 »

i wanted stick at first - the car I traded was a civic 5spd. I loved it but in reality i have a wife that uses the car part time and 2 kids in the back occasionally. As you get older your needs change I guess...even still the auto is ok - still pretty peppy....
wmassdino

Post by wmassdino »

i understand that one....
Dino
spideymike1

Post by spideymike1 »

wmassdino - did you see the post for the TSW rims? kinda nice - I know you're rocking the steelies were you only intrested in the OEM wheels? the shipping might be the killer though...http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=9045
wmassdino

Post by wmassdino »

Hey Mikey..Thanks for thinking of me, saw them Although I do want Oem i havent ruled out aftermarket, just those arent my speed.Thanks tho!!Dino
Dino
spideymike1

Post by spideymike1 »

dino,well I might be able to help - I'm seriously thinking of going with 16" Konig holes - are you still intrested in the OEM's? Let me know...IM me email, carrier pigeon, whatever...
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

Well, I am in Portsmouth RI. That's in Newport county which is essentially an island in the south of the state. I'm here because my wife is in the Navy and was stationed here. (yes I know that means I am a "navy wife". Ahh, c'mon evryone, don't laugh...)I am originally from Kennebunk, Maine though. Not too far from my hometown.
MattB.2004 Salsa base5 speedPower package NOW BELONGS TO EX-WIFE Looking at a new car, maybe a Scion tC or a Mazda 3 hatchback ------Give me a Vote on what you think I should get!: ----------- http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=11808
wmassdino

Re: (noginsk)

Post by wmassdino »

Hey matt..Howdy from Mass..You guys want to try to meet up???
Dino
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

Hmmm, great idea but one thing. I have a wife issue that probably wouldn't be cool with it. Gotta get my "priorities straight" you know what I mean? But maybe, in the future...
MattB.2004 Salsa base5 speedPower package NOW BELONGS TO EX-WIFE Looking at a new car, maybe a Scion tC or a Mazda 3 hatchback ------Give me a Vote on what you think I should get!: ----------- http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=11808
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Hey guys, I was looking into maybe setting up a meet in the Boston area/suburbs this summer. Of course, that would be kinda hard being all the way down here in Jersey.Do you guys know of maybe any large parks, or large dealerships, that we could possibly meet at? Would be interested in setting one up, and if anyone up that way would like to help out, that would be stupendous.Thanks all!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

I just moved to RI about a month ago, don't know much of the area. Before that< iwas in VA for 2 years. Before that, I grew up in Maine. I could tell you lots of opens spaces in Maine, as long as open spaces means lots of trees too...
spideymike1

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by spideymike1 »

well i live in the Boston area and after reading this started thinking where would it go? I can't think of any dealers with a lot big enough to accomodate too many cars...how many people do you think would attend? 10 cars? 100? I would say a great central location would be Gillette Stadium where the Pats play. Big lots and central to most of New England... The question is who to contact to see if the space is open? I know that they have done things like this in the past though...i'll keep thinking about it...anyone else got an idea?
wmassdino

Re: (meet)?

Post by wmassdino »

There are a few parks here in wmass that might work, as far as a dealership, they are pretty small here and arent stand alones.. they are either with olds or cadillac or buick and have mostly older customers, dont think theyd want us there. There is the Mt tom reservation that has lots of parking and a lake. Its close to RT 90 & 91... its a thought..anyhow.... nice weather aint here yet, although today was pretty nice!
Dino
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

Hey ragingfish, I thought I would try something out...See if this link works, if I even do it right. I thought I could write a letter to all the Boston-local Pontiac and Toyota dealerships. If you would read it and let me know what you think? ANyone else have suggestions? As far as timing goes, we might get more people interested in it if the meet is held May 22 and May23. That is when the Mazda Revitup is going on in Boston. Would that be too soon to organize?Oh, and I'm not a professional writer, so go easy on me..., again assuming I figured out how to post an attatchment.If you all think it would be in vain, let me know that too...

Attached files pontiacdealershipsbostonrequestnodealerships.wps (20 KB) 
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

darn, didn't work right. Anybody know how to do this?
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

Screw the attatchment, I'll just copy and paste...here it isTo whom it may concern,My name is Matt Bancroft and live in Portsmouth, RI. My wife and I own a Pontiac Vibe. Let me tell you that I have fallen in love with this vehicle! I had been doing internet research for about two years prior to buying the car, trying to decide which one was the best for me. So, when the time came for us to get a second car (our other is a 1995 Chevy Lumina with about 215,00 on it. Dying but still holding strong), I jumped at the chance to get a Vibe. I am in love with it so much, that I began looking into ways of communicating my infatuation with others. Again on the internet, I found a wonderful website called genvibe.com. It is a website were about just under 2,000 Vibe and Toyota Matrix owners, assuming my numbers are correct, can get together and talk about their car love too. I am relatively new to the site, but have found it to be very helpful in diagnosing potential problems, communicating about probable modifications, and general chatting about what we like/dislike about the Vibe. Mind you, the like portion is by far the most talked about. This all being said, I have noticed that genvibe.com has previously assembled “meets” where all these people can get together. I urge you to check out genvibe.com and see for yourself what these “meets” are like. They have links on their home page, and you can use the forum’s search feature to find out more info on these meets. This leads me to the true topic of this letter.Genvibe.com is attempting to schedule a meet in the greater Boston area. Not many people know of open spaces in coastal New England that can accommodate 50+ people, and their vehicles too. So, I took it upon myself to contact all the Pontiac and Toyota dealerships in the area. I used a random Boston zip-code of 02133 on Pontiac‘s website and Toyota‘s website and hit the dealer locator button. The list of dealerships that I have included at the end of this letter includes everyone that I will be contacting regarding this event. You may be asking yourself, “why would I be interested in hosting this sort of event?”. Well, that my friends, is really up to you. What do you want out if it? What could you get out of it? I am not a business major, nor do I intend to assume that I even know the remotest bit of knowledge in this area. But, I believe that this kind of event could be great for business/publicity. Why do I say this? Well, if you take a look at genvibe.com and two other websites, matrixowners.com and matrixvibe.net, you’ll see that there is a HUGE demand for these people to modify and upgrade their vehicles. If someone were to be able to sell these parts to the people coming to the meet, The potential profits could be huge. If the meet were to last a couple of days, the parts could even be installed by the chosen dealership’s shop and incur even more profits. There could be advertising. There could be a local radio station asked to come down and do a live broadcast. There could be local food vendors vying to sell their product to the meet attendees. I may be going too far here, but there may be even a place designated for auto crossing and/or drag racing (this would be supervised of course). These are all of the topics that I have thought of just by thinking about it for one minute. If there were enough planning involved, this could be a great boon to the Pontiac Vibe/Toyota Matrix, and getting the word out about these vehicles. Sales could skyrocket. …Just imagine the possibilities of what I’m asking… Well, that is my idea. I believe genvibe.com said they were thinking about planning for sometime this summer. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via email atnoginsk@yahoo.com andnoginsk@aol.com I am sure the good people of genvibe.com would be a service, as well as the other two websites that I mentioned above. If this sounds interesting, let me know and I will direct you further.Sincerely,MattBancroftAt the end I will have a list of all the dealerships in the area, hoping that they will see the list and want to move on it before their competition does.
spideymike1

Re: (noginsk)

Post by spideymike1 »

wow, what can I say but man you put the effort in on this one! great job... Raging, how did other meets get organized?
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Nice letter Matt...But you might've gotten a little too eager. Most of our meets last only a few hours. Never days. Also, in terms of bringing in radio stations or vendors, that's a lot of work, and also,l something as little as a Vibe rally most likely will not be enough to bring in that kind of publicity.An interesting thought though.I've only personally organized one meet, at a state park just over the border in Penna. All I did is obtain permits, and maintain a contact list of attendees and made sure they knew where it was, when it was, and what they were responsible for brining.You might wanna reach out for NSimkins or Rasermon. They both have organized meets at dealers and could probably give you better info on how to present the proposal to them.Good job though! I'm up in Boston every few months...lived there for about 3 years, love the city. This would be a great way to both get my fill of Boston and have a rally...all in one shot!

2009 PONTIAC G8
myredrs

Post by myredrs »

I just picked a used '03 GT. So I'm new to the group. I'm in Mass. too. Actually Wareham, Cape area.Greg
2003 Abyss Two-Tone Vibe GT AEM CAIMagnaflow Cat-backProgress RSB17" Falken Torque5(Gunmetal) RimsHotchkis SpringsCross Drilled/ Slotted Brakeshttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/670160
spideymike1

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (myredrs)

Post by spideymike1 »

good to have ya aboard! I'm sure ya gonna love the GT - if i had the $$ I would have so been on a GT - but no complaints. love the the vibe...what color you get?
myredrs

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (spideymike1)

Post by myredrs »

It's black or Abyss, I think. Not montoned, moon&tune, 6 six CD, and side airbags. Basically everything I wanted in a car. So any group gatherings planned yet?
2003 Abyss Two-Tone Vibe GT AEM CAIMagnaflow Cat-backProgress RSB17" Falken Torque5(Gunmetal) RimsHotchkis SpringsCross Drilled/ Slotted Brakeshttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/670160
noginsk

Post by noginsk »

haha, sorry I got carried away up there. If you guys decide to meet somewhere, I'll try to make it!
wmassdino

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (myredrs)

Post by wmassdino »

Hey Greg.Welcome aboard!dino
Dino
DowneastVibe

Post by DowneastVibe »

I live in Maine, the most eastern town in the US actually.
DownEastVibe Lava 2004 Awd Moon & TunesAVS Headlight Covers Alpine 12" R 12 Alpine 300 Mono Amp20% Rear Tint w/Alpine Logo(Red/Silver)40% Front tintFront and Rear Mud Guards
noginsk

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (DowneastVibe)

Post by noginsk »

Quote, originally posted by DowneastVibe »I live in Maine, the most eastern town in the US actually.HAH! A fellow Mainer! I don't live there now (military) but spent most of my life there. I grew up i Kennebunk, in the southern tip
Corny_04963

Post by Corny_04963 »

We're from Maine and found this forum helpful during our search phase. 2004 Salsaautopower packagemoon and tunes16" alloysWould have preferred a 5 speed but hard to find one with the right accessories. The Vibe is a perfect fit for our needs, even though we do no fit the "target" demographics (age 59).
noginsk

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (Corny_04963)

Post by noginsk »

Quote, originally posted by Corny_04963 »We're from Maine and found this forum helpful during our search phase. 2004 Salsaautopower packagemoon and tunes16" alloysWould have preferred a 5 speed but hard to find one with the right accessories. The Vibe is a perfect fit for our needs, even though we do no fit the "target" demographics (age 59). Finding the 5speed was the hardest part of my search too. All I wanted for equipment was the power package, nothing else. Yet, it seemed that every car came with the automatic. I had to settle for getting a different color thanI wanted (Salsa, but wanted Neptune) in order to get the 5speed.
ProVibe

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (noginsk)

Post by ProVibe »

Hey I'm in Western Mass As Well, Holyoke (Paper City) to be exact. Originally from Worm Town (Worcester, MA) but I've grown to love Holyoke.Bought my Vibe at Balise, now I wish I would have looked around first but I love my car, just looking to add some mods and she'll be good as new. BTW, does anyone have a good suggestion for removing minor dents?
noginsk

Re: US - Northeast, where is everyone? (ProVibe)

Post by noginsk »

Hey there. welcome to the site first off. The dents I have no idea on. But ask around a bit more and something might turn up. There is also a search feature that can look up specific target words like "remove dent" or something. Its in the top right hand of the pages I think. Try that to see what you come up with. What mods do you want to add?
ProVibe

Post by ProVibe »

Look Here. That's what I'm starting off with.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=11780
noginsk

Re: (ProVibe)

Post by noginsk »

I didn't feel cofortable drilling into the doors of the vibe, so I didn't add any conventional car speakers to it. I did, however, unhook the rear ones and connect somemore speaker wire from the to the rear cargo area where I have the wires running into some cheap KLH outdoor speakers I found at Bbuy for 50 bucks. They sound better than stock and I can secure them from sliding everywhere through the brackets that came with them and connecting them to the cargo floor by screwing them into those sliding racks. I also added a cheapo sub/box/amp and it sounds great to me. I spent about 100 bucks, thats it.
Stealth_Vibe

Re: (NSimkins)

Post by Stealth_Vibe »

well im from maine and mass those 2 states spent my life equally in both
2005 Vibe GTpower group, moons and tunesdoor sils, injen cold air intake dress up kit, chrome accents wipers pedals shift knob "T.ha H.ate U. G.ive L.ittle I.nfants F.u**S E.veryone" THUG LIFE
VibeGT13

Post by VibeGT13 »

Hey Guys Im from Massachusetts too, but recently going to school in NH.
navydave

Post by navydave »

Auburn Maine here, 05 Lava 2 tone
jasonvibe

Re: (navydave)

Post by jasonvibe »

Connecticut here...I retired my '95 Bonnevile. Now we have the more practical '05 AWD Vibe , seems to be the way from now on. Hope it's more reliable than the '95 Bonnie.
2005 AWD PlatinumAlloys, Moon & TunesPower group...just enough to be fun
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

How far is Torrington from the Tappan Zee?

2009 PONTIAC G8