Where/How to install springs...

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
ragingfish

Where/How to install springs...

Post by ragingfish »

Hey all local Jerseyans...I need your help. I bought a set of Tein S.Tech springs off a matrix owner at the last matrix meet. I'm trying to find a local shop to install them for me, since I have neither the tools, the knowledge, nor the space to install them myself. I called a half dozen shops in the area, and most said around $200, one as high as $600 for the install!My question is, can anyone recommend a shop that can possibly install these springs for me CHEAP, preferably in the central jersey area, or, if not, would anyone be willing to help me install them myself, pby providing knowledge and tools, in exchange for dinner or beer or something?Thanks guys...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
rasermon

Re: Where/How to install springs... (ragingfish)

Post by rasermon »

Mike, I would say come up to my place but the cost factor and driving time wouldn't be worth it. I wouldn't spend more than $225 for the install. If you do it yourself, I could UPS my spring compessor to you. Just a thought.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
ragingfish

Re: Where/How to install springs... (rasermon)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:If you do it yourself, I could UPS my spring compessor to you. Just a thought. Much appreciated! I might take you up on that, let's see if I can find some local people to do it cheap...Thanks (removed), you rock!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
dmitri

Re: Where/How to install springs... (ragingfish)

Post by dmitri »

if you drive here i could do it for you. Im in morristown, NJ. I have spring compressor, and impact wrench, jacks, stands etc. I did mine myself.
dmitri

Re: Where/How to install springs... (silverawd26)

Post by dmitri »

i enjoy working on cars...only problem is he might not trust me since im 17 but i did all the work on my car, and alot on my 79 malibu by myself
Kari

Re: Where/How to install springs... (dmitri)

Post by Kari »

OT: I had a 79 Malibu, too...it died though.
GenVibe Global Moderator
dmitri

Re: Where/How to install springs... (Kari)

Post by dmitri »

was it a 327 w/ 480 hp??? i love my 'bu
Kari

Re: Where/How to install springs... (dmitri)

Post by Kari »

I don't know, I didn't have it for very long. It was my first car...I had intended to make it to where I could take it to Bristol Dragway on Saturdays and race it, but that never happened.
GenVibe Global Moderator
dmitri

Re: Where/How to install springs... (Kari)

Post by dmitri »

no he messaged me its possible if i do im sure hell post a million pics and stuff lol