Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan?

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont
Toasted7

Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan?

Post by Toasted7 »

Anyone interested in joining in a Vibe Caravan up to Columbus for the Ohio Meet? Will try to post a local departure point and time, also the route we are going to take to get there... so maybe we can pick you up on the way. Any thoughts or suggestions on this???
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
msmyer

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (Toasted7)

Post by msmyer »

I think that we are the only people "south"! Looks like only 3! Unless Esjones makes it for sure!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Toasted7

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (msmyer)

Post by Toasted7 »

I just thought I would put the idea out there and see if anyone would take the bait... that's all.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

Toasted7 & Mu_Ohio--We need to put some thought into this soon!

Attached files

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

So where is a good place to meet up, kinda in the middle of all of us or at least somewhere towards Columbus? Somewhere along I-70 or I-75? I'm open to suggestions.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

The EASIEST and FASTEST way for me is 675 to 70 then to hit 270! and you would come though the Dayton area anyways! So maybe on I-70?

Attached files

mu_ohio

Post by mu_ohio »

Sorry to chime in so late. I live 3 miles from 71 so that's the quickest for me. I know it doens't help our fellow Dayton caravan member. I could maybe meet everyone somewhere by Miamisburg or Centerville. Just let me know.
2004 Pontiac GTOPhantom Black w/black leather
msmyer

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (mu_ohio)

Post by msmyer »

quote:Sorry to chime in so late. I live 3 miles from 71 so that's the quickest for me. I know it doens't help our fellow Dayton caravan member. I could maybe meet everyone somewhere by Miamisburg or Centerville. Just let me know.Well, if you wanna go seperate from us! I'd understand! But, we can meet anywhere! Do you wanna take 675 to 70 if you meet up with us?

mu_ohio

Post by mu_ohio »

quote:Sorry to chime in so late. I live 3 miles from 71 so that's the quickest for me. I know it doens't help our fellow Dayton caravan member. I could maybe meet everyone somewhere by Miamisburg or Centerville. Just let me know.Well, if you wanna go seperate from us! I'd understand! But, we can meet anywhere! Do you wanna take 675 to 70 if you meet up with us? That can work. I have only taken that route once so I will need to know where we are meeting off of 70.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:That can work. I have only taken that route once so I will need to know where we are meeting off of 70.Well, if you were wanting to meet on 70, would you for sure take 675? You and I could meet off 675? Maybe the Fairfield mall? Then Toasted could decide where to meet us!?

mu_ohio

Post by mu_ohio »

I replied to your IM instead. Give me a call at work sometime next week and we can work it out.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:I replied to your IM instead. Give me a call at work sometime next week and we can work it out.Ok, will do!

Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Check your IM's. Easier to talk there, than on here.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:I replied to your IM instead. Give me a call at work sometime next week and we can work it out.Ok, will do! Will you be at work today? I talked to Toasted! I will just try to call you!

msmyer

Post by msmyer »

UPDATE: Plans are that we are going to meet at the best buy parking lot (by the dayton mall) at 9:00-9:15 am! Anyone from around the area is welcome to join us!

Attached files

msmyer

Post by msmyer »

NY Pete--Do you wanna meet up with us?

Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Anyone else for the Vibe Caravan? Bueler...Bueler?
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Sorry guys, i'm comin from the east...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
NY Pete

Post by NY Pete »

quote:NY Pete--Do you wanna meet up with us? Sorry guys, looks like I'll either be up in C-bus already from Friday night, or I'll be heading straight up 71 in the morning... thanks anyway!Pete
'02 Jetta 1.8T Silver Arrow/Black Leathuh - Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, 17" VW Exor wheels, euro Bora tails, Neuspeed Sofsport Springs, Bilstein HD's, Da'lan hitch'03 20thAE GTI #3494 Imola Yellow/Black Recaros - Omori/AWE boost gauge, HPA Motorsports Short shifter, Neuspeed 28mm rear sway, REVO programming, Neuspeed turbo inlet pipe, FK Badgeless grille, Kamei eyelids and one big fat grin
Toasted7

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (NY Pete)

Post by Toasted7 »

That's cool NY Pete... we will get to see ya when you get there, that's what counts!
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:That's cool NY Pete... we will get to see ya when you get there, that's what counts! Yep....that's what counts!

Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

So... you have the route planned out yet? Still just 3 of us, or is it now even down to two?
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

Sure...I do! Meet at Best Buy and then drive! Good enough?

msmyer

Post by msmyer »

Seriously, 675 to 70 then to 270!

Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

Sounds like a plan to me! Guess I'll be playing follow the leader.
burkeyro

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan?

Post by burkeyro »

I'm all about meeting up. I live about 1.5 miles from 71 in Cincy. but I don't mind taking a detour to hit 675 and go through Dayton first. Let me know.
msmyer

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (burkeyro)

Post by msmyer »

quote:I'm all about meeting up. I live about 1.5 miles from 71 in Cincy. but I don't mind taking a detour to hit 675 and go through Dayton first. Let me know.9:00-9:15 am at Best Buy Parking Lot off I-75 near the Dayton Mall. There is a map in the previous posts. We would love to have you! Let us know!

burkeyro

Post by burkeyro »

I'll be there.
esjones

Post by esjones »

I'd love to make it, guys, but the Vibe has been pressed into service as a hauler this Saturday, helping my sister-in-law move to her new condo. Take lots of pictures!!! I'm with you in spirit, and I think the drive up together would have been a blast. (If I'd been able to make it, I was going to bring my 4 Motorola walkie-talkies along for car-to-car gab....)
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:I'll be there.Sweet! Between 9:00-9:15 am!

msmyer

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (esjones)

Post by msmyer »

quote:I'd love to make it, guys, but the Vibe has been pressed into service as a hauler this Saturday, helping my sister-in-law move to her new condo. Take lots of pictures!!! I'm with you in spirit, and I think the drive up together would have been a blast. (If I'd been able to make it, I was going to bring my 4 Motorola walkie-talkies along for car-to-car gab....)Oh well, maybe next time! Your spirit and your car's spirit can be parked next to my car then!

Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

That's great... another Vibe to add to the train!We need some way to communicate between cars dont' we? Since we don't have walkie talkies... guess we will just use cell phones. Any suggestions?
Toasted7

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (esjones)

Post by Toasted7 »

quote:I'm with you in spirit, and I think the drive up together would have been a blast. (If I'd been able to make it, I was going to bring my 4 Motorola walkie-talkies along for car-to-car gab....)your presence and walkie-talkies will be missed. Maybe next time... oh yes, there WILL be a next time!No need to worry... we have the "lots of pictures" part taken care of.
burkeyro

Post by burkeyro »

Ok, I know where that is. I just ran into a slight Problem....I'm still going but I won't be able to detail my Vibe like I planned. I sliced my finger open yesterday and got stiches put in. so I probably won't be up to my usual high standards. But I am STILL comming.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:Ok, I know where that is. I just ran into a slight Problem....I'm still going but I won't be able to detail my Vibe like I planned. I sliced my finger open yesterday and got stiches put in. so I probably won't be up to my usual high standards. But I am STILL comming.I think toasted and i are going to see if there is a car wash around the meet, if there is we will probably help you!

mu_ohio

Post by mu_ohio »

quote:Ok, I know where that is. I just ran into a slight Problem....I'm still going but I won't be able to detail my Vibe like I planned. I sliced my finger open yesterday and got stiches put in. so I probably won't be up to my usual high standards. But I am STILL comming.Don't worry about detailing. If I make it to an auto wash and vacuum the interior then I'm having a good week. So you will know at least one other person there didn't take time to clean their car up
ragingfish

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (AtWork)

Post by ragingfish »

I can testify to that!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Toasted7

Post by Toasted7 »

You are still going to make it and that is a big plus and at least you are not going to cancel on us at the last minute. Like msmyer said, if we find a car wash somewhere around the meet we would be more than happy to lend you a hand (since yours isn't in working order). Gotta help out all fellow Vibe drivers as much as we can! I could just show up in my Vibe as is and everyone would laugh at me. It is covered in bugs all over the front, the windshield, etc. I plan to spend most of the day tomorrow working on it... getting it ready for the meet (I just hope to stay out of the bugs on Friday and Saturday morning!). Oh well... it's my only day off before the meet, so I will do what I can.
mu_ohio

Post by mu_ohio »

Something came up in the family and I'm not going to be able to make it. My grandmother broke her pelvis and we have to make a trip up to Akron to see her since at 85, things can be questionable. Hope everyone has a good time.
burkeyro

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (Everyone)

Post by burkeyro »

Thanks for the "Pick-Me-Up" It is nice to have the support of other Vibers. I'm getting out of work at 1am. I might be a bit tired when I get up there in the morning on Saturday. but i'll hopefully get to the Best Buy at around 9:30 the latest. See you all in the Morning.
msmyer

Re: Dayton/Cincy Vibe Caravan? (silverawd26)

Post by msmyer »

quote:Something came up in the family and I'm not going to be able to make it. My grandmother broke her pelvis and we have to make a trip up to Akron to see her since at 85, things can be questionable. Hope everyone has a good time.Sorry to hear that.. My wishes go out to your family and your grandmother. I hope she recovers.God Bless. I send my thoughts and best wishes too....Good Luck with that! We'll take pictures for you!